Thoughts on Jehovah's Witnesses?

Thoughts on Jehovah's Witnesses?
My GF of 2 years is trying to get me back into the religion (my dad made me go when i was little). I've never been religious but the times I've gone to their Kingdom Halls, I've never felt more welcome.
I get genuine smiles and handshakes. Its the only place I don't carry a weapon with me (I live in a bad area).
Unlike a lot of other religions, shoving donation jars and the like in your face, these guys never ask for any of that. So they must want to only help you and get nothing out of it right? Should I keep going or not?

Other urls found in this thread:

watchthetower.net/reasons.html
jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/birthdays/
youtu.be/cHjh6Dupolk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Testament_apocrypha
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

BUMParoo

Was forced to attend by my mom when I was younger. Did feel very genuine but when it comes down to it it's just another branch of Christianity. Hard for me to get involved because of that.

I agree. I'm very skeptical of getting involved but like I said, they seem to not want anything out of helping you. When they need work done in their KH building, they do it themselves rather than pay or ask for money to get it done

Don't.

They're worse than the Islamic State.

Also,
>do you fuck your girlfriend?

How are they worse? They seem rather positive.
Also,
>yes - we know it's considered horrible to do but we dont care

Read into their policies on shunning and disfellowshipping members that don't follow their rules. At some point they are going to put you in a position to have to choose religion over family or friends in a very personal way, and how you respond to this fact will likely shape whether you can have a future with it. My mom's sister got disfellowshipped when she was like 15 for smoking a cigarette in a Kmart parking lot and one of the elders saw her. The family was instructed to shun her not just at the congregation but in personal life too. Caused a lot of tension and problems in the family.

Yea I admit I used to believe it was all true and I feel that a lot of the members have good intentions but was always unsure of the people at the top. The biggest deterrent for me now is how they have "predicted', several times, in the last century the end of the world. Down to the day I believe. That to me just seems batshit crazy.

They're one of the crazy branches of Christianity. Fuck that

I see. That might've just been that specific congregation? At least 2 of the elders know of my sexual relations with my GF. Her parents are pretty much as serious as it gets, die-hard Witnesses. They seem to accept it just fine despite that being 100% frowned upon generally

They'll seem friendly at first but if you dive in defenseless, they'll show you their ugly side.

I recently managed to escape from one Cultural Center, owned and kept by the Jehovah's Witnesses. I went in thinking that I'd find salvation and happiness, but they took all my money, electronics and clothes, giving me no option but to wear white clothes.
The food was great, but they all had an air of tranquility that freaked me out. Folk always went missing. I moved in with this girl that seduced me all the way, telling me everything would be great once I made my oath.
Getting out was insane. I had to hide inside a food delivery truck as they didn't let me get out or call anyone. It was in the middle of the Arizona desert.
I found a redneck family who took me in, and I was glad to see that they too shared my beliefs.

I warn you:
>They ain't what they look like.

explain?

Is your gf baptized?

I've heard a lot about that. I think they mean it's coming soon.. relative to the age of the Earth. I think they believe it's "SOON" as in, idk, 200 years. That's short if you look at Adam & Eve perspective

Negative. But both her parents are. They say a child born from baptized parents is considered 'holy'.

>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
>Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Here's a website with some reasons

watchthetower.net/reasons.html

But to me, I've heard stories of how hard it is to leave the church. They sometimes harass you to come back, but this is all anecdotal. And the blood transfusion thing is weird. If you were bleeding dying in an ER, you have to refuse blood transfusions and some parents have done it to their kids, or have tried to, which is fucked up.

Do whatever you want op. It does not really matter.

keep going but remember who you are user, don't let them brainwash you. the reason why people don't carry guns in poor "kingdom halls" is because its the only places where poor people see hope. that is why poor countries tend to be very religious. so yes, keep going to impress your gf and pretend like its sinking in but dismiss it as bs in your head. best of luck faggot

Nothing about the religion is genuine. The second you were disfellowshipped those same people would pass you in walmart, and pretend you weren't even there. It's all fear based mind control.

That probably didn't have anything to do with JW beliefs, that sounds... like red punch kinda shit.

They also don't celebrate birthdays. jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/birthdays/

Lol wut? I think you're mistaking real life for a movie you saw.

I'm with this notion. File me underneath the filling cabinet. Lol nothing we do matters.

Ever read the watchtower magazine they publish? Talk about crazy mind control. But if you think a cult that tells you how dangerous it is to think independently or question their bullshit isn't totally fucked, maybe the cult of Jehovah is for you.

I was born into this religion, spent the first 14 years of my life jumping hoops trying to get baptised and make daddy proud, he was a bigshot elder, did you know that the way their internal affairs works basically harbours and protects pedophiles, also, the fact the charles taze russle created this religion for the purpose of brainwashing and distracting the masses

Op, for the love of god dont fucking waste your precious life in that religion, you might think they are nice but they are just counting every second spent with you as time "witnessing" they dont give a fuck, they will throw you under a bus if they thought it would give them more brownienpoints. And believe me they have to donate, my parents calculated after we left that religion that they donated like well over 100k

They deny the divinity of Jesus, therefore they're not Christian but merely masquerading as such (Which is Satan's favorite game: identity theft)

The Bible they read from is heavily modified and altered.

>dont want to be a christ cuck
>Immediately think about joining a similar offshoot cult
>totally different guys
user...

I agree with you. Some of their rules are ridiculous. For example, if my son somehow became a fairy gayboy queerbait, I'm supposed to cut him off. I would never do that, as a parent.

I fell in love with a JW and she with me. It was a fantastic year or so before her parents found out. We were 18. When she turned 19 they set her up with a 34 year old creep with a lazy eye from their church. They are still married. This was about 15 years ago. So if I were you I'd join back up and get involved but never EVER believe in the dumb shit. Use the dumb shit to manipulate people to do what you want. Become a big shot in your church. You'll get married to a banging hot girl, she won't be able to leave you and you can do anything you want if you just pretend all their shit is legit. I wish I would have.

>the bible they read from is heavily modified and altered

Dubs confirmed

What? I know I used "altered" and "modified" as if they were different.. my bad, was just trying to point out how twisted it is

How they brainwash though is through routine, if you have no social life outside of their confines then they have won, when I grew up in it we went 4 times a week, and door to door saturdays, believe me it envelopes your existance, its merely perpetual belief and unquestionable by them! Please op fuck your stupid GF off and go live your life. I grew up without xmas or birthdays or easter. As a child that singles you out and makes you an easy target, if you want to force this cruel existance on your kids then do them a favor and kill yourself you selfish fuck.

This is because they don't think your day of birth is relevant. They think day of death is more important because you haven't accomplished anything in life when you're born. But when you die, they 'celebrate' who you were.
how do they deny the divinity of Jesus?

there are many other reasons, this is only one of the lesser ones

A lot of that is mis-understanding of the bible, and not what the JW's teach. Brainwashing works both ways,for or against an idea....

that's not what i meant, even the catholic bible is very heavily modified and altered.

They dont deny it, the just omit it or change it to jehovah, im not the commentor you tagged though.

Yes it is you fuckstain, i used to have the card they handed out in my wallet explaining medical professionals NOT to give me blood, my whole family had them.

get out while you can without being scarred

I don't know what book they use, could be, but I do know that they have heretical practices such as confessionals and whatnot.

They do affirm that Jesus is God, so at least there's that.

True at birth you haven't accomplished anything, but usually birthdays celebrate you being alive another year, nowadays borthdays shouldnt be a big deal because we live longer on average, but imagine living in the 1700s with people dying from preventative diseases and stuff like that, I would imagine birthdays would be worth celebrating.

But anyways most people celebrate birthdays just because it's tradition and at least you get free shit (sometimes).

>A lot of that is mis-understanding of the bible
And that is the issue with religion in general. Who the fuck is right when it comes to their specific religion? Who is actually reading the bible and applying it correctly?

And fucking yes the dis communicate you, when my imediate family left we had elders at our door in less than a week to inform us we are never to go there again and can never set foot in the church nor talk to anyone from the church

That's cause they don't believe in the trinity. I'm not sure I understand what "Deny the divinity" means exactly, though.

ok

Yes, guys, they do dismiss you and disfellowship you from the congregation if you fuck up. But there are plenty of ways to gain reentry. There's a bit of a process to do so but the main thing is to show your regret and to be repentant. Witnesses are like the most forgiving people

That's not why they don't celebrate birthdays. Get your shit right instead of just spouting made up shit.

They don't celebrate birthdays because back in bible times it was the birthday of Herod Antipas, a king, there was a beautiful dancer that danced at his birthday and he said he'd give her anything up to half his kingdom cuz he fell in love. The girl asked her mother and she hated the cristians of the time so she asked for the head of John the Baptist on a silver plate. So the king sent to kill John the Baptist... that's why they don't celebrate birthdays

>could be

There isn't a version of the christian Bible being followed today that hasn't been heavily altered and censored, especially the commonly used King James version.

Cant help you there sorry. I was young when my fam left, I just remember night after night Id bail my Dad up and ask "how do you know this is the right religion?" And his response " well, unlike every other religion, we dont believe in birthdays, or christmas, and all those other things. So through our correct beliefs we are on the right path." And he would pat me on the head and walk away, leaving me more confussed than when I had asked. Bottom line is they dont even know they are being swindled

Kurt Metzger used to be a Jehovahs Witness. Now he's a hilarious comedian.

youtu.be/cHjh6Dupolk

I'm not arguing the blood transfusion, I'm pointing out how grossly biased that website is concerning what JW's supposedly teach.

>5. Heaven is hope only for select Jehovah's Witnesses. The majority of JWs hope to live on "paradise earth"

>9. There is no life after death except for the 144,000 Jehovah's Witnesses

Completely contradictory and I assure you, the JW organization doesn't teach BOTH of those.

>14. Jesus was equal to Adam (just a man)

This is true to an extent, in the fact that Adam was the only perfect man to exist until Jesus showed up.

I'm not here to defend anyone, just pointing out biases that are easy to manipulate. Brainwashing works both ways, like I said.

That's not true, we have found very old documents of the New Testament and when translated again and compared to our current version, it's 99% the same

I like the J.W I feel like they're genuine people, iv definitely thought about being a J.W but my work ties me down and it's hard to think about religion.

But yea bottom line they're pretty chill nice people who actually know what's in the Bible.

You fucking cumdumpster, what are you even talking about?
jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/birthdays/

Seriously, most of the replays OP is saying is just what stupid "on the fringe" people think. If you get truly involved you realize how batshit crazy they are.

Also you're not a "true" JW unless you're baptized. You're not holy if you're born from parents that are. That's just stupid ass thinking on your part. No one is holy except the "governing body" and the 144,000 who are gonna go to heaven and rule with Jesus and jehovah.

Like I said. Don't post made up shit you have no certainty in the response.

JWIDF in full force in the thread.

The first two greentexts are absolutely true, they believe that a select number of jws will get to live in heaven with god (144k) while the rest of us are resurected to love again on this planet which will be paradise on earth. They do teach BOTH as you denied. The last one though I agree with you.

Hahaha. And you're gonna believe some propaganda they put up on their website to get people to join??!!

I bet you believe in everything written on the internet too right

of course you should.

Wrong @ 9.
There is life after death which is called Paradise, whereas there's Heaven. only 144k of 'anointed' people with a deeper connection to Jehovah get to go to Heaven and become an angel.
The eternal life after death with perfect bodies / friendly lions n shit, is for devoted christians.

Bullshit
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Testament_apocrypha

>Don't post made up shit

You know the governing body don't think as them selves as "Holy" they just have a different purpose then the common man

But yea they're normal people who don't think of them selves as lofty beings.

Also wtf are you talking about if you're parents aren't jw then that means you're bad? Stop making up shit faggot

this. The governing body seldom gives out their names during presentations or articles. They don't want extra attention or credit. They just do their thing to help niggas out.

Number 5 states "Only some go to heaven, the rest hope to live in new paradise". Number 9 states NO LIFE after death except the 144,000. That seems pretty contradictory.

JW's do not teach NO LIFE after death except the anointed.

That website is falsely stating what JW's practice, with bias against the organization. That's all my point is, an open minded person can see through it, a close minded one won't. Brainwashing works both ways.

misread that then, my bad

It seems like a lot of people in this thread are not interested in having a real conversation, and those that are have very poor reading comprehension skills and/or English is not their first language. Really makes you think.

kek user, stay the fuck away. this is a straight sect.

What website? JW.org is the only real, official site

>NO
>HERE TAKE THIS WIKIPEDIA ARTICLE
lol ok

I've heard this from Academics and Historians who have studied the New Testament and its history all of their life, and it's not just Christians who have done that, they can attest to what I said being true.

There were false heretical gospels as well, but those were recognized as false already back then. There might be some that aren't heretical, but we're not sure about.

It's not like only certain people were allowed to write about Jesus...

jehovas r as wrong as all other religious ppl.
Carry a gun there too, u never know which1 is gonna save all of u from the torment of this world with a flamethrower

this

>Brainwashing works both ways.
I really hope you keep posting that over and over as if it somehow proves your point in and of itself.

The one this guy linked to:

If someone is looking for evidence against an idea, they probably won't go looking at any of their official websites. It's crazy how "conspiracy theorists" some of the anti-religion websites can get.

I enjoy the irony that they knock on my door but I wasn't allowed to knock on theirs for Halloween when I was younger

>Admitting and denying it at the same time
>Yeah they changed the Bible, but that was to edit the bullshit out

It depends on what you're looking for, Broseph.

Anthropologically speaking, it's a very strong in-group, a lot like the Mormons or Freemasons. That means other members will do ALL THEY CAN to help you out, in all facets of life. They will help you find a good job (usually managers who're Jehovah's witnesses/Mormons/Masons all prefer to hire their own kind at greatly inflated pay compared to others). They will help you find a date/wife, and frequently the women they'll try to hook you up with may otherwise be out of your league, it's likely you won't get any sex until marriage though.

But strong in-groups have a huge disadvantage, they generally see the world in a "if you're not with us, you're against us". Assuming you quit the church, you'll likely lose anything they helped you with from your good job (provided through the church) even to your gf/wife that happens to be a member.

And, like any other religion, it's entirely based on bullshit so you'll have to constantly NOT listen to that nagging voice of reason telling you evolution is true or maybe you shouldn't devote your life to imaginary beings.

I was in love with a Jehovah's witness once. We were even dating. Out of the blue we stopped dating, she gave no reason, and she was just married to some fat fuck that worked changing tires a week later. Turns out, her family realized that she needed a man in her life so they basically arranged a marriage with another member very quickly.

Arranged marriages basically still happen in the mormon/jehovah's witness churches. Sure, the woman isn't forced and can ultimately say no. But if she's devout and the pastor, her friends, family, and fellow church goers constantly are telling her it's the pious and correct thing to do, indoctrinated as she is, she's liable to do it....

And if you struggle with women and want marriage soon, there may be no easier way. I've seen an incredible amount of *very undesirable* guys with 10/10 wives.

Well if people learned to read so I wouldn't need to repeat myself three times, I wouldn't have to clarify.

>I can't read
I'm done here, don't even know why I bother discussing advanced topics with children

If it makes you think any different, The who dooms day was independent thinking done by independent people, the main branch them selves never talked about it nor' peached it.

it was a roomer that got to big and people took it to heart when the "end" didn't happen.

My father was really into it. He ended up moving back to his 3rd world country till he died. The JW said they were gonna take care of everything but when we flew out to see him they pretty much said fuck that, Americans will do it. And just left, didn't even attended the burial.

The chicks in that religion are banging tho, when I was younger I'd fake fall asleep just so the hot girl who saw me as a younger brother would carry me. I was curious what it must be like as a teenage in such a environment where you are forced to hang around same like minded people your age. Instead I was an outcast being edgy lol

Yeah cuz they witnessed it right. Get it

My lady is a looker and shes the one pulling ME into this. And although we're boning outside of marriage, the congregation seems gucci like I mentioned above.

I've literally never heard of them arranging marriages, however. That shit's dark. There's a lot of ways they think that I doubt I'd ever get involved enough to make ME think that way. But you never know, and that is why I'm afraid to get further immersed in this. It might just change who I am entirely.

"Ba Dum Tsss"

double dubs, listen op

> go to elementary with JW girl
> go to highschool with same JW girl
> she was cute, and I was interested
> discovered I cannot see her unless I convert
> fuckthat.jpg
> drift apart
> girl is notorious virgin despite attractiveness
> senior year she goes on mission trip
> gets drunky
> doesn't know about safe sex due to opting out of sex ed cause muh religion
> comes back from south america pregnant
> keeps halfbreed child due to JW values
> ostracized by parents
> entire personality shifts
> becomes lying, slutty, single mom
> abandons church and works in mall retail still in her thirties

Adherence to false religion robbed her of getting laid in highschool, knocked up by degenerate subspecies, and locked her into keeping what should have been aborted.
She was smart too.. Could have gone to uni and made something of her life.

>I'm done here
Clearly.
>There were false parts of the Bible, which aren't part of the Bible anymore because they were removed for being false
>Bible is almost totally unedited despite the omisson of entire gospels.

That was actually OP, me. I disagree with a lot of rules, but like i mentioned, here;

When you get truly dipped and involved into something, it changes the way you think. Or not, who knows.

"ef u a vergen den ur gunna end up a degrenenut"

-"user 2016-"

Wow, your asshole can really spout some shit.
This is not a religion, it is a cult.
Freemasonry has no similarities to this shit show whatsoever.
You need to read a fucking book or two, dumbass.

>No blood transfusions
What if you get in a horrible accident OP?

I recently worked for some of these nut jobs. Whilst they were nice people there thoughts on the world just blew my mind.

And so so many rules.

Dissfellowships blood transfusions can't even say cheers or bless you, or even good luck.

Fuckin weirdos

Not op here.

It's the will of Jehovah. You just die.

You can get transfusions. If it's ABSOLUTELY necessary but generally they do their best to reject it.

I'm this dudeI can tell you this much based on the Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses I know; they HIGHLY encourage members to be dating other members. Strongly DISCOURAGE them from dating outside the church.

If you don't convert, you likely will not keep your woman. And if you quit the church, you likely will not keep her.

I have a Mormon friend, constantly encouraging me to join their church. Knowing that I have a long history of shitty unstable girlfriend's his main selling point is all the "nice attractive and wholesome" women I could meet within the church. He said he knows of one that is super pretty, single, and looking for a guy like me....

BUT I'd have to attend services to even be in the running for that.

And I don't believe in joining a group that you don't agree with for the perks.

However, if I make it to like 40 years old and I still haven't found a decent woman, perhaps compromises need to be made....

whole fam bam is JW as fuck but they still say shit like that "bless you" as a joke lol

So many virgins and wizards on Sup Forums.. And you claim it DOESN'T contribute to degeneracy?

There is many other alternatives to blood transfusion's.

If you lost a lot of blood it's not the "End of the world" modern day medicine works many wonders.

Just sayin'...

The difference between a religion and a cult is only how mainstream successful it is.

And freemasonry is a fraternity that embraces many religions, I'm aware of this. My comparison was simply that it's a strong "in group" that provides for their own, much in the way of the Mormon's or Jehovah's witnesses.

All three of them will help you out in any way they can, from providing jobs, helping you find decent women, providing financial assistance if you're way behind, etc. Both religions are based on BS, I find the Freemasons fascinating and nearly joined, but I think even most of the members are ignorant of their own lore which makes me hesitant (if you devote yourself to something you should know, at least 90%, what it's all about).

>Strongly DISCOURAGE them from dating outside the church.
Ohhhh yeah. Didn't meet the parents till a year and 7 months into the relationship. We met at their huge convention in San Francisco. I still haven't had dinner with them, and still haven't talked to them outside of the Hall. Nice people, but this is irritating at times.