Will there ever be a time period as productive and revolutionary in music as these five years?

Will there ever be a time period as productive and revolutionary in music as these five years?

During this time, you very quickly went from rock music being seen as bubblegum fluff for teens, to rock being seen as an art form.

Remember that in the early 60's music was recorded by stuffy old men wearing white labcoats, and had no idea what Ornette, Trane, or even The Beatles were heading. They were completely at a loss to know what was going to succeeed or not. Around 65-67, most of these old geezers were sent to the label offices to fill some accountant job, in order to let new guys in and especially let the musician really get full creative control.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KZazEM8cgt0&ab_channel=schavira
youtube.com/watch?v=hwVs4-IgvFg
youtube.com/watch?v=_XhOKIHGH7Q
youtube.com/watch?v=SUu0KIvTe44
youtube.com/watch?v=p6Z-gsQLJjk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electroacoustic_music
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

DAE LE WRONG GENERATION XD

well first of all you can't said bubblegum fluff for teens isn't "art".
also theres plenty of stuff being released daily its just all over the place

t. raptard shitter

I didn't say music today sucks faggot, I just said music probably will never have years as rapid or changeful as 65-69 ever again

but hip hop has done that already

Only plebe faggots think music in the 50's was bad

lol i was only pretending obviously you were right music at that time was the greatest i mean ask anyone they sure will agree with you

You know there are more than rock music in the world right?

I'd say 2010 - 2013 was a boom that has yet to be fully observed.

Wut r u seriously?

youtube.com/watch?v=KZazEM8cgt0&ab_channel=schavira

>Hip-hop starts as a sample-based genre
>Hardcore hip-hop emerges in the late '80's.
>Trap emerges in the 2010s.

These are really the only major innovations in hip-hop

DAE LE POPTIMIST xD
DAE LE KENDRICK & YUNG THUGG xD
DAE LE FUCK DRUMPF & FUCK WHITE PEOPLE xD
DAE LE OMG YAAAAAAAAAAS QUEEEEN SLAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY xD

It's sad that rock music peaked so early on in its history. Everything since the early 70s has just been copying what came before. Not that there hasn't been lots of good music but nothing truly original.

yeah.. internet music happened and the rap game started its renaissance.

don't forget pop rap , experimental rap and alt rnb

90s jungle music evolved from cookie-cutter rave fodder to ambient/jazz-fusion to electro-acoustic experimentation within the span of 5 to 10 years.

1977-1981 was better and more important.

most ignorant post I've read on Sup Forums this week. congrats mate

>These are really the only major innovations in hip-hop
>What is Death Grips

Regardless of what you think about DG, what they brought to the table cannot be denied.

Well obviously rock music seemed original at the time; it was still new. That's not to say that those original rock bands from the '60s didn't get their inspiration from folk or blues or jazz or r&b. Nothing is truly original.

That's high honor around here, boy
but at least as far as rock music goes, you know it's true. Everything that could be done in rock, had been done by 1972

WRONG

What is trap, honestly?

Pls no bully I just have no idea what sets it apart from any other rap. Is it a feel? Is it instrumentation? I've never heard any rap that makes me think "wow this is a new sound" except for maybe the large influx of tropical rhythms and the emphasis on autotuned singing.

All I know about trap is that sample packs often have "trap snares". That's all I know.

you could watch vice/noiseys mini documentary about it

but this is "modern trap"
youtube.com/watch?v=hwVs4-IgvFg

and this is classic trap youtube.com/watch?v=_XhOKIHGH7Q

also forgot to add this is edm trap youtube.com/watch?v=SUu0KIvTe44

>alt rnb
I wouldn't exactly consider this rap
>pop rap
Pop rap started when producers made '90s-era rap more club friendly. Nothing really groundbreaking about that.

I agree that Death Grips are innovative, but they haven't really had much of an impact on rap as a whole. They're still a more recent band, so their influence will probably be more apparent with time.

Trap is a trend not an innovation.

youtube.com/watch?v=p6Z-gsQLJjk

best trap in the game

>electro-acoustic experimentation

*takes long drag from vape*
*holds it in for a bit and pulls velcro back on fingerless gloves and reapplies velcro to tighten fingerless gloves*
*blows out all the vapor smoke in a huge cloud as he drops his tax return into a mailbox before april 15th*
*smirks proud and smugly*

Yeah, dub music

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electroacoustic_music

i know what that poseur shit is

>he knows
confirmed for poseur

You left out Rakim introducing the idea of a flow, the Bomb Squad introducing multiple samples from disparate genres into the same song, turntablism, the shift from samples to synthesizers, G-Funk, boom-bap, featured rappers, the Wu-Tang Clan's group/individual performer business approach, abstract hip-hop, incorporating flows and ideas from Jamaican dancehall deejays, etc. etc. etc.

Kill yourself.

what is metal
what is hardcore punk
what is grunge
what is indie rock
what is synth pop
what is new wave
what is no wave
what is post rock
what is goth rock
what is post punk
what is glam rock
what is industrial rock
what is noise rock

its like you never listened to 90s music, a decade that wasn't defined by one genre like yours

All shit except no wave

>no dance music
>electronic was just abstract and "experimental" pieces
>rock music about riffs and machism and not texture and atmosphere

it isn't about what's good, it's about what hadn't been done in 1972. Also you have bad taste.

Just because they did it after 1972 doesn't make it should be treated as a good thing when its all shit. Except no wave.

again, you have bad taste in music if you think all of that is bad