The Starcraft Universe is superior to the Warcraft Universe would have made for a much better movie

>the Starcraft Universe is superior to the Warcraft Universe would have made for a much better movie

you know it's true

no

Warhammer Fantasy and 40k are superior to both in every way

>It's a OP defends a warhammer rip-off episode

not after what they did in the last chapter of SC2

>Conspiratorial, utilitarian starcraft lore is the same as gothic, grimdark 40k lore because it's sci-fi

I bet you're the kind of guy who thinks 40k didn't directly lift their source material from literally every other form of science fiction media

Warhammer is extremely dark, grim dark.

You just can't adapt it. there isn't a good side in the whole lore, there's just evil fighting slightly less evil in a never ending war.

Warcraft has a lore that might end
Starcraft does that as well (Actually it just did.)

these two are easy for the general audience.

Villians, motives, heroes, are clearly defined and little is the brain used to understand those concepts.

I wish there was a project to bring 40k to the theaters, but I don't think it would work without severely butchering the source material

WE'RE ALL DEAD BLOW IT

>implying you wouldn't want to see a movie about Magnus the Pious's rise to power from Nuln to Kislev to turn the tides at Praag to being crowned emperor of the empire
fuck you

I play tons of starcraft and it would not make a good movie.

I said it the first time I played, easter '98. Still waiting

I fucking would.

The normie? not so much.

What was wrong with LOTV's story?

I tend to agree. StarCraft is a vast universe that works best as a game, where the player can experience and explore the different players on their own, stretched out over hours/days/weeks.

For a 2 hour StarCraft movie, you'd have to cut a lot of details, all of which are crucial for the countless plot twists and the heavy character development. Hell, the Terran prologue + campaign of SC1 could probably fill its own movie.

I believe Diablo could be a nice movie, though. It's not too deep in terms of story, and it has lots of hack and slay, which is suitable for horror/action movies.

Aside from the absolute Mary Sue fest (which I don't even mind that much), the fact that it becomes more fantasy than s-f, with almighty beings capable of destroying/fixing entire universe on their own, characters ascending to godhood and its very unsatisfying and half assed ending

40k is so overwrought as to become self-parody.

I don't think a StarCraft movie would work, maybe a TV show.

>implying that's not intentional

Thirty years ago, maybe.

You guys do realize the first Starcraft game would've made an amazing movie, right?

> Raynor is out defending outposts from zerg
> Raynor meets Mengsk
> Does all of his dirty work 'cause he believes
> Meets Kerrigan along the way, falls for her
> Kerrigan fulfills the "muh stronk independent wimmin" archetype so it would be a hollywood hit for sure
> Let's fuck up some zerg
> The fuck? That's not zerg
> Fuck it. Kill it anyway.
> Too much zerg
> EVERYONE EVACUATE
> Mengsk: lol bye Kerrigan
> Mengsk becomes the new bad guy

Stacraft is a shitty 40k ripoff

they butchered the whole story pretty much. raynor swore revenge but now he's a mega cuck that's still in love with kerrigan. total character assassination.

>mfw "thank gahd fer cold fusion"

its ok to say they might make a good tv show. Starcraft or Diablo would play out much better as tv shows.

tv shows are just that scary to the reddit wannabe patricians on here?

Who are you quoting?

could work as some kinda average spinoff shows.

diablo as xena type thing. heroes wondering around the world. doing "quests" that they stumble upon.

starcraft as stargate/startrek thing. would be basically the same concept, but just people/aliens running around doing stuff for whatever reason