When was America ever "Great"?

When was America ever "Great"?

in the 80's when the media was more safe and comfy, but now it's all violence

They became great after defeating us and the Krauts and harvesting us economically.

>80s
When the American middle class collapsed?

funny i heard the same phrase in an old american movie but about the 80s

>50's

Women in their place, high employment, niggers kept at a safe distance, Mexicans yet to begin their invasion.

Long before you were born.
You may get to experience it.
Then you'll laugh when another user
Tells you that your generation screwed everything up
And can't possibly put Humpty-Dumpty back together again.

People were saying the same thing you're saying in the 80s

Pre-1776

It's apex was the 50s and early 60s

when we had the highest standard of living in the world, probably

Before there were hordes of non-whites, it was

The 50s America was comfy, I know because I played L.A. Noire.

That depends on what you consider greatness to be. In terms of material goods and standard of living Americans were the envy of the world but that's all they've ever had.

I don't know.

All (or most of) the first half of the XX century

50's to 70's

The 50's, America was decent at the time but the rest of the world was in ruins so they came out on top.

But that was set in the 40s

when Trump was elected as president

Jesus it's looks like a dictatorship from a fucking movie

Wasn't Clinton one of the better president that USA had?

>"We're going make america safe again"
What did he mean by this?

He was, that's why I find Americans side stepping the Clinton years 2.0 for the Bush Jr. years 2.0 baffling.

You neets are so fucking cringy.

You tradcons are so fucking divorced from reality and history.

no

1989-2001

hope that faggot dies from cancer or whatever is the slowest most painful disease for a human

No.

y u mad tho?

In recent American history, yes.

still mad about americans being heroes and saving croats and bosnians from genocide by serbians

Post civil war until Vietnam war.

what the fuck is your problem?

1945 to 1960 US golden age. Highest standard of living in the world, military and economy years ahead of the second place.

What else is there though? Muh culture? Who cares

The real 1950s was not a Leave It To Beaver episode.

this

haters gonna hate

One of the better ones recently? Yes, but the standard is so low that's not saying much.
Overall in the history of the USA? Probably one of the worst

I think he just had basically nothing happening at the time so it was easy cruising for him. He even had time to play.

What's the point of nominating 2 people in the same family anyway? Isn't it the whole point of abolishing monarchy? Yet American's have had Bush II and Kennedy II.

I mean, we have plenty of nepotism, but 2 presidents with the same surname would never fucking happen.

We had one Kennedy as president and he never even finished a full term.

The 50's

The 80s

Then who a I thinking of?

Or was it just the Bushes?

Before the civil rights movement and communists usurped it.

John Quincy Adams and George W. Bush were the two sons of a president to become president.

"After WWII" to "Before Hippies happened".
Even Black communities were well off.

Roosevelts (cousins) and the Adams (Father and Son) are four I can think of which were Presidents from the same family.

1945-1990

That's very weird in such a large country. We had a minister (not prime) who was a son of a former president/prime minister, but he was quickly removed from that position.

Yeah, I was thinking of the Roosevelts, not the Kennedies. But apparently the Adams as well.

before 31 dec 1979

You have to remember the US founders never wanted it to actually be democratic. Thomas Jefferson said he wanted a sort of Aristocratic Republic.

He was the first major representative of neo-liberalism that is the source of modern identity politics and rampant corporatism, so no. FDR, Truman, Eisenhower and LBJ were the only good modern presidents.

>is the source of
Paved the way to*

>lbj
Opinion discarded.

Admittedly, he's the weakest among them, his Vietnam shit was pretty bad, but still he's miles above modern dems like Obama or Clintons.