Why don't people above 30 (e.g. our fathers) listen to new music?

Why don't people above 30 (e.g. our fathers) listen to new music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OMlDLvA-nDE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My father does. More than myself, I must say

I do

He's dead

I'm above 30. Most of what we hear is repetitive because some new shit is just identical to old shit. But, there is new shit that doesn't sound like old shit, or you haven't heard of the old shit that sounds like the new shit yet.

But most of it is that they are too busy feeding you.

Same, the only time my dad didn't keep up to speed with current popular music was when he was raising me and my siblings but now he familiar with most things on the radio and sometimes tells me about new albums. His taste is pleb-tier by Sup Forums standards but he clearly really enjoys music and that's why he tries so hard to listen to what is new.

My Dad,62, actively, seeks out new music online. Hell, both my parents are music lovers, but my Dad autistically has to have FLAC, my mom will just go on spotify and doesnt give a shit

Oh, you misunderstood me!

My dad listens to new music, but by no means he listens to current popular music (except Kendrick Lamar, who is, alongside Stromae and that old guy that made an album with jamie XX, the only rapper he listens to)

He listens mostly to current indie music, but still prefers the classics

they would rather be trapped listening to a few albums than have fun and admit some new music is good

although with shit like Car Seat Headrest becoming hot it makes you wonder if dad is right

They need to work to support their children who do nothing but browse image boards to seek out hipster garbage.

when you are too young, almost everything sounds good, when you get older you need 100% originality

Oh ok, that actually makes me that it would be cool to create a chart of the favorite albums of our dad's.

The one thing my dad listens to that isn't pop music is electronic, he loves the type of music that would appear on pulpy action movies in the 80s. I showed him the OST to Hotline Miami and he loved it so think of that.

I remember reading somewhere that music is pretty much nothing more than a social experience for 90% of the population. Our generation is going to be listening to trap in 20 years the same way our fathers listen to glam metal now, and when their children put on post-minimalist retrohop or whatever they're gonna go "what the fuck is this? kids these days baka".

>That old guy that made an album with jamie xx

Damn user, Gil Scott Heron is more than that.

Every 20 years everything comes back into fashion. Soon the 00s will return, whatever the fuck was in fashion then.

im 26. i dont listen to new new music, cause its garbage. my "new music" is the old stuff i either never heard before or missed out on. im listening to Johnnie Taylor as im typing this. stuff like this makes any modern music obsolete.

My dad's favourite's are easy: all by Supetramp, Roger Waters, Pink Floyd led by Roger Waters, Interpol, National, Bill Callahan, Matthew E. White's debut, Unforgetable Fire, Late Beatles, Vampire Weekend, Cure, Xx, some Frank Zappa, and Peter Gabriel-led Genesis, plus some dudes from my country

>30
>our fathers

MODS!

Forgot Charles Bradley, or whatever his name is (the black guy that sings soul music written by whites)

fuck of old fuck let the kids be.

Nu-metal probably

Also, maybe some songs with guitar riffs you'd expect to see in an early 2000s Nickelodeon/Disney show, kind of like
>youtube.com/watch?v=OMlDLvA-nDE
@46

*0:46

nice try, I'm only 19. I'll give OP the benefit of the doubt and assume he was the result of two young teens having unprotected sex.

My dad's 45, calm down

Your dadis alright,your mom is a filthy casual though.

ah, right. my dad's 73. I've been trying to get him into grimes but it's not going so well.

Nice, do you think your music taste reflects his or is it completely different?

My dad's favorites are David Bowie (everything, but especially Ziggy Stardust, Low and Hunky Doory), Yes, Bjork, Fleetwood Mac, Giorgio Marauder, Cream and then I really need to ask him about the rest of his favorites the next time I see him because I know I'm missing quite a few.

Recently he did mention that he liked "those twenty one pilots people".

We do you fucking dumbass kiddiewinky. Why do teenagers all listen to pop music?

Yeah and that old shit is just like the older shit, and the newer shit is gonna sound just like the new shit
Protip: don't listen to shit

Right! Forgot David Bowie too!

He varies his taste with what he finds on internet. Just like me

I like Supertramp, Beatles, Interpol, Vampire Wekened, Cure, Zappa Xx and some Pink Floyd too. He has influence

my dad listens to a lot of early 2000s indie and has conditioned me into liking my morning jacket

When I'm riding with my dad (in his car), he'll play music from his iPod on the speakers. It's the same mix of dadrock/light buttrock each time. Although he doesn't straight up say that he hates all music after 2000, he says that he feels like music (or at least popular music) has gotten kind of worse in recent years. He doesn't really like rap for the most part, and he really doesn't like most electronic music. He thinks that there isn't any musicianship to electronic music. I don't talk to him much about music, but he gives a lot of new indie bands a chance.

Just like mine, but it was Interpol

i hopped in the truck after coming home for my younger sister's 16th birthday, My Old Man by Mac DeMarco was playing.

Dad says, "Look!" and turns up the radio.

I love that man

We do.
OP just has a pleb for a father.