What's holding you back from killing yourself Sup Forums?

What's holding you back from killing yourself Sup Forums?

i dont like firm decisions.

the circuit breaker

The fear of nonexistence

My mom would be devistated. I'm alive till she dies.

I'm letting alcohol do it

This is a common theme

Fear. I know it's the right decision to make, but still, fear keeps me here

Ironically, I'm aware of my own problem and I'm practically not doing anything to stop it but none of my family or friends know about it

I'm content with my life.

I think it would hurt my son too much.
He's already a bit on the depressed side, I guess it runs in the family.

Same.

I don't want my family to deal with my suicide. I'll drink myself to sleep and worry about tomorrow tomorrow

Same here dude. Just could not possibly while my mom is still around. Could not inflict that much pain on her.

iv'e already spent 20,000$ for university. i may as well ride it out. i may get more government money. blow it all on a fancy vacation and kill myself afterwards so they cant get it back

the dank memes

Too poor to afford the means. Too white for suicide by cop.

The hope that I can just get through something again, and be done with it.

Really, there's not a lot holding me back at all. I'm half prepared to just slit my throat and bleed out in a bathtub. Worst comes to worst, I'm down with that.

a 16 tentacled space monster from Japan

The government will get it back, rest assured... They'll go after your family for it.

Except that white people are killed by cops far more often than black people... ;)

All that would do is heat up the fork very quickly, but most likely simply trip the breaker within a few milliseconds.

To kill yourself with electricity, you need current flowing across your chest (ie through your heart). This stops the muscles or triggers fibrillation, blood stops pumping, you die.

To get current across your chest you'd need to hold wires in both hands while sweaty/wet, somehow disable any breakers or fuses, and plug the wires into the wall. I mean, you can do it, but it'll take a pretty educated effort short of climbing a ladder and grabbing hold of overhead power lines.

Eh, think I blew out a blood vessel in my brain playing with the extension cord tonight. I've tried to buy Nembutal, just get ripped off. Gun is too shitty. Can't afford enough heroin right now. Jumping off the bridge means I have to leave the house. I'll probably get a decent rope when I get some money and huff some nitrous cans till I pass out and hang in the basement.

I have a few debts to take care of. I have one final push in me to get in shape and establish my life.

after I get paid off and that fails. Sweet whatever the fuck happens, here I come! Got my Glock 23 all nice and ready for it!

The very real possibility there is no afterlife.

The pizza shop I work for is busy af. I can't screw them like that

They will try to pressure you into paying family debts but no law says you have too.

I'm actually a talented/intelligent person.. and when I have enough drugs to self-medicate, I really enjoy life, especially manipulating people to suit my needs.

I really like messing with people's minds and seeing results.

The simple answer is that I don't want to be a "failure". I want to use my talents to make mad dolleroos off of autistic/naive people (artfag), while helping my family financially. I truly don't care about much other than my own endeavors, but when I look down at people who live the kind of life I do.. I realize I am no better.. but I CAN be.. and desire to. Most days I am literally a 20 minute car ride away from grabbing my shotgun and blowing my head off in the woods.

I'll do it eventually but I have some things I would like to try to accomplish before admitting complete defeat.

Honestly, I've got too much shit to try and accomplish...

I sometimes get the feeling that I should've offed myself in high school, like God's plan or whatever was for me to be an example, for me to be "that guy that killed himself in Junior year" or whatever that everyone remembers for being weird until he shot himself whilst jumping off a building naked, live on the local news.....

But I forever cling to the false hope that I'll ever get any of my projects done... I skate through life under the radar for the most part, just waiting for something to happen... I do what I can to get things moving, but eventually everything just slows to a halt and I gotta get up and find something else.....

30/m war vet back in college because all I have now is a GED, no degrees...

I really want to get into law school, but my funding is gonna dry up soon and I'm sure it'll be a bitch to try and find a job in the legal world, especially around here where there's nothing for anything (North Dakota)....

What do you think, Sup Forums? Should I just fucking an hero already?

>pic unrelated

Hope is what is holding me back.
Hoping that everything will get better.

i'm a pussy. like i have terrible anxiety about anything that is out of my comfort zone.

trump is president so the country is going to stop being shit tier and my life will get better as a result of it.

lol maybe in your country, but the gov cant go after family members. im a 26 yr old independent.

Have ya thought of....gee I dunno, getting the fuck out of North Dakota and into somewhere new? Somewhere more worthwhile? Your putting yourself in an unnecessary box.

Fucking know that feeling bro.

>be 40
>mortgage even though i have to youtube how to fix stuff ebcause i have no idea about house repairs
>married, no kids, couple cats
>have crippling anxiety and depression
>make a paycheck, boss doesn't even know my name...been there 15 years
>neighbors though I had died a couple years ago because they didn't see me for like 3 months
>keep a paltry 600-800 in the bank because of mortagage interest rate and stagnant wages
>figure one day I'll just drive off a cliff and say fuck all of it

You guys are depressing. Smoke some fucking weed.

My upcoming job interview that will hopefully start me on a career path I will enjoy for many years.

Let's trade lives, please.

Come back when you are 30

The straight jacket

Hope lol

I'm 25 so I mean I'm close.

Keep the thread alive for me please I'll let you know.

Not going to do it while my parents are still alive, but the drinking will kill me eventually.

Although, I managed to not drink for the past 3 days. Tomorrow a girl from work *might* meet me for drinks at a bar tomorrow night. I'm a 32 year old virgin so fuck my liver if there is a chance I'll get to actually have sex with her at some point.

I hate my life.

Bump

exactly

>work hard every day in your career. come home and still think about work.
>massive uncompensated overtime (14 hour days) at hellish customer sites.
>see the popular, rich kids with their stupid laugh grow up and make obscenely more money than you because of being agreeable, ass-kissing sales droids.
>personally develop anxiety issues. what's this month's new manifestation? oh, my eyelid twitches. oh, my ear thumps.
>fucking M I G R A N E auras.
>soon see the fucking millionaires at the company christmas party with their fake laughs and fake wives.
>hate them all. resent them all. fuck them all.

All I'm saying is that weed helps me be happy.
Takes my mind off of what's bothering me. Takes my mind of the sadness and helps me focus on more important things.

It works that way for about 4 days before I turn into a schizophrenic walking hurricane of insanity.

Weed used to help me but now when i get high i just look inwards at how shit things are and it gets so much worse. Wondering if i just get high enough maybe i'll actually fucking do it.

Also I've been going to bed wearing my wireless head phones. I listen to lectures on quantum physics, space, other cool things as I fall asleep.

I don't think I'm going to retain any of this information by doing this. I just need to listen to something other than the negative thoughts that go through my head each night. I've lost a lot of sleep because of this.

I sleep much better now.

Got 2 great kids. That's about it.

This.

i have to become successful so i can say fuck everyone and fuck all my exes.

Jesus, don't slit your throat, it will be a super shitty and you will be choking and sputtering. Just do the wrists and let yourself pass out slowly and peacefully.

But also, don't kill yourself.

You're the reason us sparks have to install arc-fault protection everywhere now.

You lack imagination.

I guess that's why you are suicidal.

Only good reason in the thread.

MFW?!?!? I'm taking notes

I'm slowly finding reasons why I shouldn't. It just takes time, patience, and the hope that if I last one more day I might find more stuff to live for.

Too true bb

Eh. No one will hear me choking and sputtering, though, so I don't see much wrong with it except for the difficult, painful, uncomfortable death part. While I guess the wrists are a better way, I'm really game for doing just about anything. I mean, I could go jump into a moving train. Or blow myself up. Or drown myself. Or huff enough chemicals to pass out and die. I might even be willing to say that the pain makes the death worth experiencing more. To know that you're dying, and to feel it.

I'm actually really partial about setting myself on fire. It would be the way I'd want to go, but it's obviously not very realistic and has a lot of potential to backfire or fail. So... wrists, I guess. Or enough painkillers. Or, enough current to stop my heart.

With regards to not killing myself, we'll see what the future holds.

If I can't get into medical school, then everything has been a waste of time and resources.
I would disappear into the Alaskan woods, and that would be it.
My first semester at college isn't promising.

yall need some milk

The off chance that I deploy and get to kill hajis. Other than that, I have nothing to live for anymore..

all the poon I'm slaying.

Same here i would destroy my family if i killed myself parents would prob divorce and blame themselves for life

I have zero motivation to do anything with my life, including ending it.

Nice holy trips

>my life

If you're in the US, they'll go after your immediate family, then your parents, then possible grandparents, then aunts/uncles/etc... The gov gets theirs...

No Sup Forums in hell.

no gareuntee i will die

if i live through it, my life would become even worse

Many times... I keep coming back here..... I wouldn't mind getting out, but with no education, I'm as good as starved if I do go anywhere. I dream of the day I can live somewhere more in-demand, making six figures....

Absolutely nothing

But we're all gonna die eventually. What's the rush?

Alcohol. Once my liver can't handle it, I'll drink till I check out.

my son. literally nothing else.

My family, I don't know why, but they trully love me, I know they will be devasted if I did it, so I can only hope death catches me, I'm not killing myself, but I'm not stopping life from killing me neither

Don't have a gun and don't know any other quick/painless way to be 100% sure i'd die and not just end up severely maimed/disfigured

I've thought about diving under a train every now and then, but then i remember the train mutilation I've seen on Sup Forums. So thanks Sup Forums for convincing me not to an hero.

Though about crashing my car at 100 MPH without a seatbelt then my entire coolant system died so i have to replace the radiator, water pump, power steering pump, etc first
>one less reason to live, no car, job, or anyone to care

Do it right dude

Had sex a few thousand times, it could theoretically happen again. But that could be gamblers fallacy.

I'm scared of commitment.

helium exit bag or does someone recommend something else?

I'm just working to compile some interesting lore for anyone who would be looking into the cause. You know, keeping journals with disjointed and cryptic messages mixed with personally annotated esoteric imagery. Having conversations coded enough that they are insignificant now, but will haunt people in light of my suicide. Several novel-length letters to write to people.

Basically just wanna be Laura Palmer.

duty.

sure it was dumb to join.
now im home and i feel my country needs me and my brothers more than ever.

my success

I'm not a faggot

I see a lot about how it's peaceful, quick, and effective. Though i rarely here about it actually being used. Majority of suicides are overdoses, even though it isn't effective at all. From what I've read, guns are the most effective suicide method with, I think, over a 90% fatality rate.

Basically this.
I had an older sibling kill himself 4 years ago and it was horrible to see how it affected my parents.

I don't want them to go through that again, even if it means I have to live longer than I want.

fuck i dont want to wait to get a gun

Just do what I do and take all the pills you can while fucked up. If it doesn't finish you, at least you might have a fun time. Worst case, ER and some social services. Liver problems will fuck you eventually.

Not afraid of death, only of the things I will miss in the next years

First I kill you, like we agreed, then Obummer, then me. Order is important.

Underrated

no im done like right now. just trying to find something thatll work and somewhere to do it

Heroin.. Although it will probably kill me eventually

my dog i guess

I saw this one kid wrap a rope around a coat hook and tied it around his neck. He choked himself out and when he passed out he ended up being hanged. Looked like a good sure way of dying