>Tarzan set to flop
>Ghostbusters set to flop
>Star Trek Beyond set to flop
>Suicide Squad could go either way, massive reshoots
>Fantastic Beasts not gathering hype
>Rogue One going through massive reshoots

Deadpool can be made responsible for half of those

Can he really?

Maybe people are tired of too much capeshit, sequels and remakes. They spend that money to watch quality stuff at home.

All the films in your list are shit.

Oh wait, I mean, Disney paid off critics, JEWS kek kek.

None of these are original ideas so I don't see why I should be upset

>Fantastic Beasts not gathering hype
Please don't let this happen I need something in my life. Star Trek is gonna bomb which sucks. Hope the TV show is ok next year.

Suicide Squad has a chance!

Making big-budget movies for the sole purpose of setting up shared movie universes without actually planning these things out is a dumb idea?

That Marvel was really fucking lucky to have Iron Man 1's production be a perfect storm of absolutely the right director, producers, actors, writers, etc., which in turn laid the groundwork for their shared movie universe?

>shit movies flopping

wow

I'm personally cheering for all of them to fail

>hurr but what do u want then
I want something new and unexpected. I can't say anything about what I'm not expecting.

The larch?

>>Batman VS. Superman underperformed
>>WarCraft flopped

Two of the best films of the year, literally too intelligent for Disney fags

well then, seems like you're the minority. way to have shit taste.

it was after Hulk tested the waters.

>thinks because he agrees with the masses of retards who like infantile Disney trash and can't understand subtlety or nuance that makes him right.

Civil war did amazingly

>implying blockbuster trash is intelligent
Plebeians like you should be gassed.

>Adults start to decide that they are tired of every single movie being aimed at children and/or manchildren
>This is seen as something "wrong"

In the future, people will look back on this era as the lowest point ever in film.

>Warcraft
>subtlety
>nuance
It was a dumb fantasy action movie. Even the people who like it will admit that it's nothing more than dumb fun. You're the only person on the planet who thinks it's intelligent.

>>Rogue One going through massive reshoots
That won't make a difference. People are going to see it no matter what, simply because it's Star Wars.

This is the only reasonable view to hold. If you're upset over any of the films OP mentioned failing then you're part of the cancer that is ruining cinema.

>Marvel movies still making mad shekels
>every other franchise dead in the water

>Suicide Squad could go either way, massive reshoots
>in one week

Don't turn this thread into childish company wars bullshit. Everyone should just be happy that Hollywood is getting trounced.

wow indeed
Maybe normalfag audiences are finally wising up

the pendulum has shifted too far towards pandering for man-baby sci-fi and fantasy genres. the age of pandering for feminists and rom-coms is upon us.

The actual problem is the general public is finally getting sick and tired of ENDLESS sequels/remakes/reboots. For far too long Hollywood has over relied on brand recognition to sell a movie.

that time has come and passed

People are finally getting tired of brand management/franchise building.

Hollywood has finally gone full corporate mode and put aside whatever quality control of artistic merit remained in the name of profits.

All of this shit is boring and without artistic merit.

Honestly, Freddy Got Fingered isn't terrible when compared to most mainstream comedies. Some of the humor really doesn't work but at least Tom Green did something unique.

HOWEVER

I saw the star trek trailer the other day and it had a banner saying "Order Tickets Now"

Are they banking on confused normies thinking its another star wars film and flocking to the cinema in mass by accident?

Its baffling because Star Trek has never been a popular enough franchise to warrant pre-purchasing tickets. The new films haven't done badly yet but they're not nearly successful enough to make seeing them difficult.

FFFUUUCCCCKKK Trek is doomed. I wanted the movies to do well and launch a second coming of Trek, but nope that ain't gonna happen.

This third film will go out with a whimper. CBS better nail the upcoming series or I will have to wait 20 years like TOS to TNG.

Sad

>the 20 years between TOS & TNG
the golden age of trek fandom

The worst part will be in August, when Ben-Hur will be defiled.

Are they still keeping the gay subtext?

It might do alright. Probably less than the last one but it could still make money potentially.

There's another Bourne movie a week after Star Trek releases which I'd wager is the biggest competition.
3 weeks before that is another animated kids film which will probably make bank too.

But overall in July there isn't that much worthy competition in the blockbuster market at least. I think that the Tarzan reboot will flop harder tbqhfam

They'll either cut it out or have a character openly talk about the gay relationship. Modern Hollywood doesn't understand subtlety at all.

Probably, it's 2016 after all, there's no Heston to defend us.

Disney single handedly saving kino

>Warcraft flopped

it made 4:1 box office returns because China ate that shit up, get ready for sequels aimed at Asian markets son

Warcraft was legitimately a fun movie with great visuals, though the acting was cheesy and it spent too much time trying to set up for a sequel

BvS was hamfisted pretentious garbage that feels like 2 movies haphazardly stitched together

Well, at least i'm getting delicious shlock.

>BVS
trailers looked like shit, Snyder

>Alice 2
trailers looked like shit, Depp

>X-Men
trailers looked like shit, Lawrence

>Independence Day 2
trailers looked like shit, no Will

>Warcraft
trailers looked like shit, Jackson killed fantasy

>Tarzan
trailers looked like shit, way too soon after Jiungle Book

>Ghostbusters
guess

>Star Trek
trailers looked like shit, no JJ

>Suicide Squad
trailers looked alright, but Snyder('s massive failure with BVS sent WB into panic mode)

>Fantastic Beasts
u wot m8? link trailer

>Rogue One
trailer looked like shit, Gareth's not JJ enough for the studio

Marvel also has a guy who actually knows what the fuck he's doing spearheading the MCU, while the DCU is stuck with Snyder.

>knows what he's doing.
>makes the same infantile disney trash over and over

Considering we're about a decade into the MCU and it's still bringing in money like crazy, they're obviously doing SOMETHING right.

>Star Trek Beyond set to flop

I'm still putting money on the idea this will be a sleeper hit. The last two did pretty well at the box office, and this one doesn't look completely like a rancid turd, so we'll see

>What went wrong?
>Doesnt list Civil War and Deadpool making tons of money
Thats the true crime.

You're an idiot for not liking that movie.

People are sick of the same old shit?

who gives a shit? all of those are 3D remakes, re-boots or comic book capeshit movies.

watch real cinema kino.

>tfw nobody watches neon demon because everyone else went to see Finding Nemo 2 instead

appealing to the lowest common denominator

The PT Barnum of modern film.

It looks fun, but there's no buzz. Most people don't even know it's coming out.

It doesn't help it's getting a wildly spaced out international release. Brazil, for example, is getting it two months after the U.S. It will do no money there.

I'm sure Feige is weeping into his mountains of cash as we speak.

It's not playing in any theaters near me. They're doing this on purpose.

Much as Refn gets hated on at least he is putting a movie out that isnt comic book capeshit or remake/re-boot franchise related.

Eh, probably.

At the very least, I expect it to be the "holy shit, where did this come from?" critical darling of the summer. Like Mad Max was last year.

why cant we get more movies like nightcrawler or john wick?

those are fun popcorn movies that aren't capeshit or remakes/re-boots.

Oh god ya that Tarzan movie is fucked. Surprised Disney is still pushing that hard in the ad market. I just started watching True Blood and the actor who is tarzan is good looking and all, but he has ONE fucking mode. Brooding good looking tall dude.

Anyone heard anything on Suicide Squad other than the reshoots for humor stuff? I have seen comments of those who saw it.

Still haven't seen BvsS waiting for a good torrent around DVD release.

>Mad Max was last year
Why am I the only one who thought that movie was awful?

>Why am I the only one who thought that movie was awful?
Fetal alcohol syndrome?

I'm not saying that movies should be only for hipster artfags but damn at least get one or two non capeshit/remake re-boot 3D movies out there for more options.

The best option now is Shallows which was just OK it still didn't out beat 10 Cloverfield imo.

Conjuring 2 is probably the best movie out right now and it's not getting any notice on here.

(on a side note I am noticing a lot of horror films coming out which might be good at least it's different from the usual capeshit Disney bullshit.

>BvS
Stupid audience and studio meddling

The rest that already came out are shitty films.

The predictions of the films that haven't come out yet are simply your speculation.

/thread

But then wouldn't others with FAS feel the same. All the retards I know LOVED that shit ass movie.

Maybe it is because I live in a desert and watching dirty people drive around in the desert is a daily thing for me.

Tarzan is actually Warner Bros, but that's an easy mistake to make, what with there being an animated Disney Tarzan, and with Disney's recent compulsion to live-action-ize all their animated shit

I just hope they don't over due it with all the horror films coming out like Lights Out or that one Evil Dead related movie.

I would rather see cheesy horror movies instead of the constant comic book 3D Disney movies. MCU puts out a movie like every 3 months now it seems.

>implying neon demon is suitable for general audiences

Literally two per year.

Movies shouldn't just pander to general audiences. Just look at whats popular now MCU movies Disney/Pixar etc.

We need films once in awhile that are different or somewhat original. Just look at how good Nightcrawler and John Wick were.

Ok ya thanks I realized that might not be right when I wrote that. Also gotta confuse people because Jungle Book wasn't long ago was it?

Hoping Harry Potter movie thing-kinda, Star Trek (doubtful), Suicide Squad do well or are good.

Damn this year has nothing in the back half. What is the big christmas movie this year? Harry Potter spinoff?

I'm gonna say it now 2011 and 2012 were the best recent years for movies. Seems like the last few years it's been really bad since everyone just stays at home and watches shows on Netflix instead.

Cinema is dead or at least dying and in 20 years or so everyone is just going to stay home and watch shows on the small screen instead.

people want to see fresh IP

I agree on TV being such quality. We are in a golden age with so much good content.

I had a chance to go see any movie I wanted at the theater for free on Sunday and I didn't even have to think... No thanks, Game of Thrones is on.

TV is shit atm this isn't a golden age, that was in 2004. The only good shows that there are atm is The Leftovers and Fargo. Sure TWD and GoT are popular but, they aren't good shows.

Hollywood is a fucking husk of dead ideas at this point. I don't know how people still keep denying it and hype up the next batch of consistently shittier films probably because all hype is anymore is shilling.

Just do what I do watch classic 70s and 80s shows and old movies.

You crazy man. The growth of streaming services that produce quality content is what is killing movies, cable companies, and networks.

GoT, TWD are good shows to some. I have never watched anime and think it looks fucking awful, but I suspect those are quality shows (thus why they are popular).

You really don't think there is a lot of high quality content for every taste out there? 2004 was better? Why?

I was talking strictly about TV shows not streaming services. TV shows were at there best quality wise in 2004-2005 don't even try to argue this.

The Wire
The Sopranos
Six Feet Under
Carnivàle
Deadwood
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Rome

What could go wrong?

Lost
Arrested Development
Battlestar Galactica

Well I guess for me (mid-30s) if we are strictly talking television shows delivered by traditional means then I will have to argue. Late 80s early 90s was pretty great.

Seinfeld
Friends
Cheers
TGIF
early simpsons

I could even name a few in the same vein as your list (premium TV as it were).

The Gary Shandling Show
Twin Peaks

I think it has a lot to do of when you grew up maybe!

You seem like kinda a dick so I will leave you alone now. Bye.

Zootopia is original though

>There are people who liked Warcraft and BvS: Dawn of AIDs
How

they're called Sup Forums

warcraft is the highest grossing video game movie of all time annon what more do you want?

>Its baffling because Star Trek has never been a popular enough franchise to warrant pre-purchasing tickets.
Plus the new films are mainstream special effects extravaganzas and not the sort of thing that inspires dedication. Folks will watch them, but very few people absolutely HAVE to see them as soon as possible. Star Wars is unusual for being able to combine mainstreaminess and hardcore nerdity into one successful (though not always good) package.

>I wanted the movies to do well
I wanted the movies to be good and more than slightly reminiscent of actual Star Trek. I'd rather these movies didn't do well so as to stain the franchise and make Star Trek all about attitude and lens flare and punching shit in the face from now on.

>Star Trek
>trailers looked like shit, no JJ
I'm getting a mixed message here.

Take any capeshit to Sup Forums and they will call it stupid because it's not japanese

>thinking an obvious shitpost like that was serious

That sad thing is. New and unexpected doesn't make money. I really don't know why that is, but most original titles don't even get advertisment marketing when all the capeshit that people already know are coming out is everywhere.
Why doesn't it occur to studios that something people haven't heard of requires marketing. They just let it get shit out, it flops because no one knows what it is and then they point at that as an example of why original ideas can't gt made.

The top 10 best movies of 2015 can be renamed to "The only good movies of 2015" and it honestly looks like this year is even WORSE

I've only seen 5 films this year and didn't hate any of them fortunately.
Warcraft: not bad,way better than I expected.
Nice Guys: I thought this was great. Again way better than I expected.
Vvitch: pretty damn good from the dialogue I could understand.
Midnight Special: not a bad movie that gave off an ET feel, could have been much better but it wasn't borning.
Neon Demon: wasn't sure I liked it when I first saw it but it has stuc with me since. Easily the best film in a couple years for me.
Not sure there are any other movies coming out this year I even plan on watching.