I wanna build a bong that uses aluminum heatsinks to cool the smoke

I wanna build a bong that uses aluminum heatsinks to cool the smoke.

Thoughts?

also general weed thread

the smoke would have to make direct contact, glass is a bad conductor. Decent idea tho, could see it working.

It would be. The smoke would travel through the square tubes touching all of the fins.

Then the ice water in the jar would cool the outside of the heatsink square tubes

I would recommend putting the heatsinks in the two large air pockets, it'll prob get dirty quickly but should clean easy enough with some ISO.

No need, the smoke is sucked in from the top of the jar

solid idea.

The aluminium would probably warp over time. Try tool steel and put a anti rust coating on

I doubt it would warp, I think it just turns into aluminum oxide around the surfaces exposed to water

I agree but aluminum is way better than steel for cooling, also its pretty rust resistant. I feel you could get a lot of use out of it before warping accrued and just replacing it periodically.

Silver. It is a better conductor of heat and less corrosive, also naturally anti-microbial. I mean, if you're going to all the trouble of crafting a futuristing bong why not drop 50 bucks on a few oz. Of silver bullion? Or you can be a fag and stick with your gay ass aluminum.

If you're going to do all that you might as well get a 20cm allihn condenser, an elbow adapter, a reducing adapter to fit the bowl, and a little 3w water pump. You can set it up on a stand with plastic clips to hold the glass together, and have the pump circulate water from an ice bath through the condenser. The smoke never touches anything but glass and it's ice cold by the time it reaches you.

OP is making a homemade prototype bong out of easily available items, also you would need way more than $50 of silver if it were solid siver
>silver coating
that's a hassle and a half, ive done armature smelting/guiding it would be 100X more difficult than making the bong itself

Pic related. You can also seal the ice bath and affix it and the pump to the side of the condenser to make it handheld

>I wanna build a bong that uses aluminum heatsinks to cool the smoke.
Learn thermo, faggot. You'd quickly find out that water/ice is far more efficiant than your faggot plan. Slap a mesh screen near the smoke intake to breakup the smoke bubbles to increase the surface area. Or, you delay the time that the smoke takes to leave the water. Or both. Using your design would end up with hotter smoke and a crappy bong.

glass is a bad insulator. perfect for sucking out heat

I don't like the idea of hot smoke touching aluminum. Why not just get a bong with ice nips?

I didn't know this existed, absolute game changer

hot air touching cooled metal= heating the air more!!!!
>"SCIENCE"

Just use ice, faggot. Bitxhes love ice.

Dis bread.

Try breathing bong water. I hear you get high as fuck.

Glad I could help. The big reason to use an allihn condenser over other kinds is the volume let's you use it as a steam roller

Here's a few different kinds to check out. The dimroth is also known as a reflux condenser and is the second best candidate for an ice cooled steam roller (bitch to clean)

nice idea, but i believe, that if water get in the part with the aluminun, it could get into your mouth to easy from there, you may need a mechanism to prevent that, or just s higher tube, do it wont get in the mouthpiece in the first place

cleaning could suck, but shouldnt be a problem with iso and salt

you only ever see aluminum oxide

>you only ever see aluminum oxide
Not if you scrape it. The oxide layer is very thin but also quick to form.

uh

Holy buttfuck thank you for showing me this.

Rethinking the design now

He probably knows ice is the obvious choice, but he wants to sell something to trick potheads into thinking there's more impractical to cooling smoke than ice. With just the right marketing, potheads will buy into anything, even conspiracies.

yeah. make sure to saran wrap your aluminum so it doesnt oxidize while you work on your new plan. tesla