How many of you have dealt with chronic alcoholism...

How many of you have dealt with chronic alcoholism? Either yourself or seen other people cripple their lives in front of you?

What symptoms did you go through and what was the final outcome?

26yr M here, day one / two of weening off the booze. Had everything so far as withdraws... Heart palpitations, liver pain, body jerks, anxiety, insomnia, hot / cold sweats, chest pain... Etc.

Just trying to hear out some user's in similar situations, thanks.

Bump

Can relate. What are you struggling with though?
I just hate people in general and think to myself to do physical shit that hurts their stupid over positive emotions and i drink to suppress that shit, so I can stay a functioning psycho.

You've gotta walk, or do some other tiring activity that takes a whole day. You'll be too tired to do anything but sleep.

Don't ever drink past 11 PM. Ever.

On week two of not drinking. The first three days were rough, grumpy, felt like shit, short tempered, sweats etc.. Feels better now though.

Boo hoo the only way I can handle a day in my life is by drinking poison. Now I suddenly can't stop poisoning myself more than a responsible amount for social lubrication or relaxing. Fucking get your shit together.
You will die one day and none of this matters so live every day like it's your last.

Am I the only one who thinks this shit?

lmaoing at all those edges.

Recent loss of a woman, legal issues, have not seen any family for over 6 years, living alone for the past 2 years in a 1br apartment. So just depressed and what have you... I've been drinking for close to probably 11 years... Only stopping to go on deployments (ex military) and that's about it. Recently have been on a month long binge with a day here or there to try and stop but giving up due to WD's. Hoping this time I'll actually make myself better, I can't see my body taking this beating to much longer

Ive gone through alcohol withdrawal once, benzo withdrawal twice, GBL withdrawal twice, and last week GHB withdrawal. (They all in ways work on some of the same receptors)

I can tell you every time it gets signifigantly worse. My last withdrawal with GHB was 5 days 24/7n a fraction of how I abused GBL and the withdrawal put me in the hospital. This is known as the kindling effect, look it up and scare yourself off the abusive destructive path you are leading. Alcohol withdrawal is no joke. But you are young and have time to turn things around.

Im getting an ultrasound done on my liver in a few days, as well as bloodwork. I would recommend you do the same.

Do note some of those pains can be due to vitamin deficiencies, b vitamines for sure. Get in to a doc, be honest about your use, and start working towards changing your life now.

I've been and seen people go through this. My best advice is to take up running/cardiovascular exercise. Whenever you feel like a drink, go for a run. Give it a shot for a month and let me know how you feel. Good luck user

One time I was out with this chick on a "fancy" restaurant eating soup or whatever. She is sitting there nagging about what we need to do to keep all of Saturday busy! I dont want to do that shit! And as she says that, I think to myself "let's just smash her face into her plate and hold her there until the bubbles are less frequent" Just to see what fucking happens, what people will say. I think it, but I don't do that shit. I have these thoughts all the fucking time.

Women are like psycho robots just coming at you all the fucking time and I have come to realize that you just need to let them go and follow whatever shit they are up to. That or be without a woman! Drinking helps with that shit, but then again she says you are drinking too much.

Bump

> IT'S NOT A PHASE MOM

But there are no physical ramifications for them not to be psycho robots though! You can't hit them, it's socially unacceptable to do that shit. I'm just saying I too would be a nagging bitch and a dick if none would beat that shit out of me. I would be trashing everyone I saw.

FYI physical withdrawal symptoms from alcohol addiction can be deadly. see a fucking doctor ASAP.

Any alcoholic in the early stages of withdrawing ever have problems pronouncing words? Maybe not to the point other people take notice per say, but you hear yourself slurring them or pronouncing them wrong?

my parents never taught me to deal with emotions
mum is mentally fucked
dad is alcohol
this shit is hereditary. sever ties. see a counsellor.

Mate from school went way too hard too quick had sorosis of the liver at 19-20. In denial about the incredibly evident herpes on his face, is now 25 with 5yr old child he doesn't see, about 130kg, lost his license lives with parents dropped out of university works part time to pay for alcohol

I know I can be a dick to family members and girls i'm with. "I probably should now have said that last part, I was kinda being a dick back there" BUT am I the only one here thinking about smashing another person in the fucking face when they are stupid? add too happy about life.

Bump

One time my girl hit me in the head on valentine. You guys wanna hear this story?

>woke up this morning with liver pain
>look up liver pain symptons on the web
>"Ah its not that"
>keep drinking

I'm sure it will catch up to me soon

Had a friend who treated alcohol, and drugs in general, as something to make him feel okay, to 'fix' himself. Of course this didn't work, and I didn't realize this was his approach at first. I then noticed how he always tried to get as smashed as possible at bars or parties. He, and our group of friends, tried various hallucinogens, and other pretty safe drugs. Eventually I found out the ass had tried heroin because "the other shit wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be". He was hooked right away, something I was oblivious to for a good year. Eventually things were obviously getting worse with each day, until he finally cracked and told me he wanted to kill himself because he was so far down the opioid hole. I made him get help, contacted medical services etc, and he wanted to get that shit behind him. He basically checks himself out of rehab, after having received benzos for treatment.
Months pass, he's more and more fucked up each time I talk to him, telling me he's on benzos constantly.
This june I got a call that he had been found dead in his room after a sub/benzo combo OD. His 12 year old sister found him.
>alcohol is not benzo or opiates
>but treating your depression, or shitty situation with an addictive substance will ALWAYS make you more fucked up in the end
Get off the booze user, it's not worth it. Wish I could help you more.

Dad is 54. Quit his job at the fire department 9 months before his pension kicked in. Did it because showing up to work drunk/hungover everyday, grouchy, angry, mean individual, had zero friends.

No income for 9 months. No problem. He held a second job. He quit that too. Because it wasn't full time and didn't provide benefits. Gave up his last remaining source of income.

Went 9 months without income. This was 2012-2013 time frame. Inexplicably did not pay his mortgage for an entire year, 2015 time frame.

Has applied for and worked countless jobs since 2012, quit every single one of them...to drink. Is currently applying for another as we speak. Was supposed to hear back Monday.

Bought his house back in 1998 for $65,000. As of today he owes ~$109,000 on his mortgage.

That's about all for now. Alcohol fucks you up.

My sister has been addicted to drugs/alcohol for over 20 years now. Watching it slowly eat her soul has been one of the most challenging things I have ever dealt with.

She has been through five or six 30 day inpatient treatment centers and a couple outpatient treatment centers, but she is still drinking as of last night.

The final outcome is that she will die, go to jail, or live sober. There are no other outcomes.

If anyone wants to, you can ask me anything.

My girl punched me in the head on valentines day.
I tell her I love her, I give her a card and some how at the end of the day she still blasted me in the head. Thats how much of a dick I am.

I don't even remember what we talked about, but it started with her saying some shit, then I said some shit, then she said some more stuff and I said fuck it I'm going for big air! I said the last shit and the next thing you know she comes flying at me.

At first she was just hitting me in the stomach area which is acceptable right, it is a holiday, let's fucking keep it nice! Too be honest i blocked the most of it and i was leaning on her even talking some more shit trying to tire her out right.

Suddenly she goes up top and just "waaam" hit me in the side of the head. You know what hurt the most? Not that she hit me, but after she hit me she didn't have the decency to hop back like maybe something was going to happen SHE KNEW nothing was going to happen, it's against the rules! After that she just broke some of my stuff and I just had to stand there and take it. Brutal shit.

>Be me
>About to be 31
>Live with mother
>Drink Hard Liquor most of my life
>Best friends don't hang with me.
>Lots are dead.
>I'm gonna drink until I die.
>There's nothing the world can do about it.

None of you have these random violent thoughts? I even had the urge to elbow an old lady in the fucking face the other day. I don't know, it got to be me it does, i get into too many arguments.

Bump

I want to be inspired or hear something helpful ITT
I have not even tried to quit.
My main reason for quitting is for my health
but I also think I could have more time and energy overall.

why dont try not drinking

Not that easy bro

Two brothers friends of mine, or at least i used to know them would do all sorts of crazy shit to get fucked. every bar in town was forbidden to serve them but they always found a way to get drunk, they liked using me because i'm a beta and we would hang out smoking some weed and shit and i got them the drinks and sometimes even payed for them because they didn't had any money because they are unemployed lazy fuck bastards

What drugs

They sound like terrible people

Started with opiates. She got an infection when she gave birth to my nephew and they prescribed her lortab. This was back when they tried to sell pain pills as non-addictive and gave them out like candy.

She was addicted to lortab for several years until the combination of getting arrested for writing a fake prescription, and it becoming more difficult to acquire pain pills from doctors and hospitals, made her switch to drinking instead.

I'm not sure which is worse, honestly.

everyone dies faggot. instead of being afaggot when youre around her and judgeing why dont you just accept her and be happy when youre around eachother....

all alcoholics are. and yes thats why i stopped hanging out with them, i wanted to help them but its a lost cause

Hey bud, 27m here. Just got past my first year of sobriety. Feels good. You should try AA, 90 meetings in 90 days. Also try to find an activity that keeps you sober, like hiking. Its hard but it gets easier

I do accept her.

Listening to her cry, and talk about wanting to die is difficult sometimes. Watching her son, who doesn't understand the disease, is difficult. Watching her isolate, go to hospitals constantly, lose all her friends, etc. is difficult.

Why do you assume that I judge her?

Bunch of faggots in this thread who drink alcohol. "look at me I drink because I look cool and I need alcohol to help me talk to women at bars and make stupid decisions like drink and drive"
Seriously kill yourself you pathetic faggot. No hope you.

I'm 25 and already dying from alcoholism. For those that don't suffer this problem, or don't believe it exists, I truly, truly am envious of you.

an hero.
Now.

Not today. I will within the next 4-5 months. Still have debts and a few things to sort out.

Sorry to hear that, man. I hope something changes and you decide to take a different path.

Going through it now. Just puked up half of what I ate last night and I'm only just turned 23. About to have another couple shots.
>people who have an alcoholic parent are 4 times more likely to become an alcoholic themselves
>both parents are alcoholics
Does that mean I'm 8 times more prone to becoming an alcoholic?
I assume so

Bump

Different kind of bymp

I'm on the same boat

Credit goes to Bill Burr.

Threads dead

I don't know if anyone can relate, I'm 26 years old. Drinking occasionally. Used to drink almost every day, but nowadays I keep it at like 2 times a week. The thing is, the day after I'm not hangover, if I drink too much, the morning I wake up, I struggle with breathing, and get my blood pressure really high. I've done tests, everything is fine, but this is bothering me. I'm a non smoker, physically active, but whenever I drink a bit more, I just have a goddamn high bood pressure, and don't know what is causing it. If there is someone that is familiar with such issues, speak.

It's probably only in your head.

Been drinking since 21. Pretty much have been drinking till this day. I've tried to stop 2-3 days in a row. But shit is hard to stop. I mostly drink beer. No hard stuff. Maybe a shot or two occasionally. Have a stable job and loving gf and mom that don't really know about it. Am gonna try again soon. I'm 23 now.

Eternal victim

I get drunk after work everyday. Usually two bottles of shiraz, then vodka.

I fucking hate it. I can't stop

I have high blood pressure every time I drink. It's normal, I assume.

Alcohol is more damaging generally

Same symptoms here, except mine were when drinking. I didn't drink last night, and slept like a baby - no anxiety, no palpitations, no hot flashes. I'm also super depressed about drinking, and probably mostly about being an ass when drunk yet still drinking. I'm with you bro. Get on that wagon. BTW- don't think I have to stop completely, I just have to stop getting drunk. Don't know that I can exercise that self control though.

No. I'm a lawyer, so I deal with people at their worst all the time. That helps me cope with it, along with the booze. I need to exercise more and drink a lot less.

Good advice. I did it this way before, or at least similarly (running one day, boxing or full-body cardio other days). Exercise makes your life better, and makes you want to drink less.

Y'all fagits need immediately a treatment with a beautiful homemade plum brandy. This is my drug of choice, it cures alcoholism and any other unpleasant symptoms instantly, including life itself.

Lmaowut

Bump