Remember when this show was actually realistic and not some feminist power fantasy?

Remember when this show was actually realistic and not some feminist power fantasy?

Like the realistic dragons

>the very first scene was white walkers
>realistic

I think you mean "grounded"

>dragons tho

Congrats on your stupidity OP!

yes, obviously.

It's midieval fiction with a tinge of supernatural fantasy.

The number of women in power is unrealistic because it's not a social norm for medieval times, despite it being a fictional, fantasy realm—especially for a serieis that continuously highlights emphasizes the lack of women's rights and misogynistic themes.

I frankly don't care which characters the producers choose to place in power, or whether they 'pander' to feminist or not; that really doesn't matter to me. Though, you'd have to be a fool to refute OP's claim with the "muh fantasy world" argument.

the book has all the women in power as well

You're retarded. The only reason there are so many females in power is because all the men are fucking dead. You know, like in actual war.

Is it really that far off from the books, though?

Arya was always going to have absurd plot armor (GRRM promised his wife she'd make it)

Jon was ready for the Bastard Bowl

Danaerys is still Danaerys

Cersei was already the Mad Queen in the books

Euron still rules the Iron Islands

The only real differences are Dorne, no Faegon, and Theon's sister providing ships for Dany

remember that time when after wars in europe female leaders took the throne and most of europe was ruled by womyn? yeam me neither. because thats not how reality works

No it doesn't

not an argument

Good thing this isn't reality! It's a fucking fantasy universe where the dead become undead, dragons will fight ice spiders and every little possible symbol could end up as a prophecy.

Feminism was a popular ideology post WW2 though.

I couldn't possibly imagine why

Jon is still dead in the books. That's almost the opposite of ready.

Dany seems to be going insane before contracting fantasy dysentery and then running into the dothraki.

Cersei is shown to almost entirely powerless after the walk of shame

Euron is an awesome insane pirate king in the books, not some Trump stand in who exists just to be killed by stronk wymyn.

Speaking of the Greyjoys, "Yara" is shown to be captured by Stannis in a Winds of Winter preview chapter along with Theon who is likely going to be executed for all the shit he did to the Starks.

Sansa is little more than a mindless pawn of littlefinger doing exactly as he tells her to do.

There's none of this "stronk womyn now rule everywhere" shit in the books outside of Dany and Cersei who are constantly fucking everything up.

>The only reason there are so many females in power is because all the men are fucking dead. You know, like in actual war.
>Good thing this isn't reality! It's a fucking fantasy universe

Fucking pick one or the other

You quoted me but included a statement from another user's post.

But I will say that men and women are dying all over the realm because of the wars, and magic is fully alive again. All the Westerosi customs and traditions in this universe are pretty much fucked, right? For me it isn't that unbelievable that women--or even men such as the High Sparrow--are taking advantage of all the turmoil and grabbing any position of power they can. A nine-year-old girl controls a house now, that's how much shit has run amok.

Bump

>There's none of this "stronk womyn now rule everywhere"
Except the fact that there is only numales characters survives.

The show is blatant feminist propaganda now. The books atleast try to be authentic. The show is just an excuse to brainwash kids.

Feminist you said?

think about it.

what could they ever have achieved ALONE, without the support of any men?

that is the irony of feminism. you see articles poping up, saying this is the glorification of feminism, empowerment of women, but with just a look, you simply see that it is not true.

Only few characters manage do be good on their own. Like Brienne for example.

But, I can assure you, that is not feminism that is displayed.

You can now laugh and watch the disgust on one's eye when you will tell them this.

Feminism is just a big farce. It is truly pathetic.

Are you dumb? The books are feminist. GRRM said so himself.

>what could they ever have achieved ALONE, without the support of any men?
Numales aren't men.

still, that makes the argument valid.

They achieved nothing on their own.

>still, that makes the argument valid.
Nope. Only another bit of propaganda "male characters good only when they served the bodypositive mowyns who always right".

not sure cleagane would fit.

GoT was never realistic.

It used to be gritty, but now it's devolved into shittily written Tolkien-tier fight between good and evil where the good guys (female) kick dirt on bad guys without any effort or consequence.

Now it's just:
>Muh dragons
>Muh explosives
>Muh ass-pull army.

I really don't blame """"muh feminism"""" for ruining the show. Truth be told it's just shitty writing. Things resolve themselves super quickly and easily, people no longer suffer consequences and the modicum of politics involved in decision-making is simply gone.

The writers killed off nearly all the decent characters and at the same time are no longer able to write interesting protagonists with vices of their own. In short, GoT's cast is just left with a bunch of cringy Mary Sues and the show's writing has become extremely dull and predictable.

What's different now is that GRRM decided to give the women of the show a bit more plot relevance. So it feels as if GoT has gone from some uber-gritty, pseudo-political fantasy drama to some feminist wish-fulfillment
fantasy show.