This is the best Green Day album. Zero filler and every song is good. Everything else since has been shit

This is the best Green Day album. Zero filler and every song is good. Everything else since has been shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EnKYmUp4JAQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's the only Green Day album I like

Agreed. Nimrod is okay but has way too many songs.

love this album

castaway is great

DON'T WANT TO BE AN AMERICAN IDIOT

Dookie > Nimrod >= American Idiot > Warning > Insomniac >> Kerplunk >>>>> 21st Century Breakdown

debut is fine
new stuff is shit

BITE MY LIPS AND CLOSE MY EYES

THIS IS MY LAST RESORT

Their creative peak desu.

Their most mature album too.

It's so much better lyrically than American Idiot.

the trilogy was absolute garbage
wtf were they thinking

21st Century Breakdown is shit too.

I think you meant to post Dookie.

Green Day was never good

Why people are pretending to like this piece of shit?

peacemaker was pretty good
but the rest of that album was an absolute mess

*tips fedora*

Don't you have to argue with your parents because they won't let you go out today?

lol this is the first record they made that sucked. great bait

warning and everything after it sucked, but everything after warning sucked a little less than warning, which really sucked

Sup Forums likes fucking Green Day?

Lol you guys hit a new low everyday

>American Idiot gets unironically posted
And yet we're still here

Sup Forums has always liked Dookie and Warning (and some express love for Insomaniac)

>overdriven power chords: the band

whoa. check this out guys: what if in our next song we write i v vi iii iv i iv v

Listen to Misery bro and stop complaining about >muh technicality

Green Day is garbage.i thought it was common knowledge here.

i will give misery a listen.

i don't think technicality is the only thing that matters. but i do think it's nice when professional musicians can play better than the average high school student.

something something something CHURCH ON SUNDAY

no but really, great album

Dookie was always loved here. Check every Sup Forums's 90's or punk chart, Dookie is always there.

And about Green Day, they are solid, but being part of the emo movement from the 2000's really hurt their image. If you like punk there's no reason for not liking Green Day, only if you believe in the "selling out" meme.

update: i listened to misery.

fair enough in that i didn't realize that green day had made anything using mandolins and accordions or the genre-markers of european folk music.

but honestly it sounds like they listened to a tom waits album and thought "let's make an extremely watered down version of this"

Did you like the lyrics? One of Billie Joe's best imo.

>better than the average high school student

green day as a rock band are very professional and tight. Yeah, it's 3 chords but they sound way better than other simple punk bands that do the same thing. Also, Tre Cool is a phenomenal drummer.

Green Day is much more professional sounding than bands like Radiohead, even if they play simple songs

>t. guy who can play Eruption but still respects Green Day as a competent band

THIS IS MY LAST RESORT TOO

don't pretend it's any better than american idiot. they are a shitty band that got famous off billy joel pretending to be an english punk.

>dookie was good
dookie was liked by literal elementary school kids. that was the fan base. some of the choruses are simple enough for little kids to sing along to so they liked it compared to pearl jam.

Joy fucking Division!

that's a fair point, their recordings do sound very professional. but to me that speaks more of their producers than of them as musicians.

anyone half worth their salt can sound lush, tight, and larger-than-life in the hands of a seasoned producer.

i can agree that tre has chops.

>Kerplunk that low
I'm hurt user

i meant live, Green Day is really good live. They play better than most bands, even bands that play "difficult" music

youtube.com/watch?v=EnKYmUp4JAQ

i didn't pay much attention to the lyrics desu. i personally find most song lyrics, even from bands and musicians that i like, pretty cringey and didactic, so i kinda stopped paying attention to lyrics. i tend to like the lyrics in songs by the smiths. i think morrissey tended to be pretty subtle in a way that did not condescend to the listener. he gave you credit for being able to figure out subtext. i also enjoy lyricism that is the complete opposite of subtle--stuff that is knowingly and intentionally over-the-top. a lot of rap lyrics come to mind, like this bit of self-satire by chip tha ripper: "interior crocodile alligator / i drive a chevrolet movie theatre". now, that's cringey and didactic, but in the extreme. it takes the piss for comedic effect.

that's my own personal bias and just a particular thing i have my head up my own ass about.

tl;dr i don't like lyrics in general other than for their sonic quality

cheers for the example. during the intro, billie's downpicking and palm muting is solid

Kerplunk > Dookie > Insomniac > 39/Smooth >>> Nimrod >>> Warning >>>>>>> Dog shit >>>>>>>>> 12 year old Tumblr pop-punker shit >>>>>>>>> The rest of Green Day's discography

the title track is a blatant rip off the kinks picture book.
dookie was their best album.

I can agree with this

It's better than picture book though and original enough

Their track Waiting is a rip off of some Broadway song from the 30s. They've also ripped off Sabbath, ELO and Husker Du, but hey the end result is still terrific songs so I'm not -that- mad

It's got to the point where Dookie and some other albums from that era are appearing on 90s punk charts
that's not a bad thing, I still listen to the odd song for nostalgia value because I was into them when I was 13
I imagine Sup Forums listens to them for the same reasons, just because they trigger some emotion in them
If you didn't listen to them as a kid then viewing them from an outside perspective may mean they seem shit

Warning > Nimrod > Dookie > American Idiot > Insomniac > Kerplunk > The Rest

it's not better than picture book though.
what's their ELO ripoff?

Opinions

Telephone Line/21 Guns

Although, The Waking Hour's song "Jade" from 2003 also has exactly the same chorus, and I'm sure I've heard it elsewhere (did ELO even do it first?)

it's the right opinion.
yea 21 guns rips a fraction of the chorus off but it's applied in such a shitty way and man it's a shit song.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that Billie admitted they only really put that out for attention/money and that almost all the songs were just written quickly without much thought. There are a couple of good tunes on there but most of it is filler garbage.

Also Warning is my favourite of their albums by far. Waiting is such a good song. Saw them live in 2013 and they played that song for the first time in about 7 years and it pretty much completed my life.