The Lannisters are soon to be completely extinct with only the Lannisports left

The Lannisters are soon to be completely extinct with only the Lannisports left.

The Martells are extinct

The Baratheons are reduced to a few bastards

The Starks are (most likely, depends on if Bran can procreate) extinct in the male line

The Boltons are extinct

Are we supposed to believe that all these thousands of year old houses just all go extinct in a matter of a few years? And never before, with wars like the dance of dragons and the blackfyre rebellions, not to mention countless others? And worse, the families are so small that they have nearly no spare heirs and average about 5 individuals per house? Suspension of disbelief can only take you so far.

Forgot to mention the Tyrells. Grandmother Redwyne is the lord now?

You're right, OP, but this is no ordinary game. It is a Game of Thrones™ in 4kHD® on DVD and Blu-Ray at participating stores!

4 out of my 6 stark children are still alive, Starks are far from dead

I'll take 10

There's a shitload more people in the books.

Only the males can carry the name, idiot.

>Only the males can carry the name, idiot.

Not true.

You're a retard the females can choose to keep their last name and a male takes on their last name.

Bran's the only male heir left, Jon's no Stark, he's a Targaryen or a Snow.

Females can keep their last names have you never read anything from history look at Queen Victoria you dumb autists.

Christ, they are fucking bundled up. That Bernie Sparrow guy had it right.

>Potato Sack

>Baby's first meme

This pretty much screams, "OP's first thread".

Sure. Harry the Heir is a Waynwood but took her mother's last name.

I'm an oldfag I promise I've been here since 2010 I sorry I didn't greentext :^)

Do you see how easily houses can grow and be taken away? None of these houses stayed in power for more than 100 years. You see how easily the Frey went from the weakest house to the strongest after claiming Tully land, thanks to Jaime.

D'aww, is widdle babby upset becwause another widdle babby is making memes on his super-sewious board? Here, babby, have pwacifier to keep babby calm while mommy gief you hugs.

Daaat's a nice bwabby

Lannisters already went extinct in the male line once before.

All of these houses were already damaged in the previous wars. You know, the ones that overthrew a 300 year dynasty.

>2010
>thinks he's an oldfag

Uh dude, Cersei just took the iron throne and is still a lannister, Dany is probably going to take the iron throne and keep her name. Jon was just named Jon Stark, the King in the North, despite being a bastard of a targ by a stark mother.

It's time to check yourself and forget your sexism. Women can inherit and carry the name.

The Starks have run the North for like 1000 years

I just think it's fucking stupid how the Starks being an 8000 year old house has only produced two cadet branches, one which was exterminated

You'd think with houses being so old there'd be some status quo laws to never exterminate houses that would justify their ridiculous longevity

More like 8000. Lannisters, Starks and Arryns all date back to the age of Heroes

The Dance of Dragons was a much worse conflict. Just about every house was involved in it, the war lasted longer, and had multiple dragon riders

Oh sorry I mistyped I meant 2001 not 2010 :^)

The Starks have never been in as bad of a situation as this before. They had the loyalty of all the northern houses and strayed away from the conflict from the Southern wars.

Keep in mind, Robert's Rebellion lost the main heir, the warden Stark, and their sister. War of the 5 Kings cost Eddard, Robb, Sansa(since she's hidden), and both Stark boys(as far as what people know).

Karstarks are still alive, but the books hint that the Stark line has never been a prosperous one, but they've managed to avoid ends of their lines by luck and avoiding conflict.

The rest of the houses have all lost/gained power throughout the years, with the Lannisters being a house that was almost surpassed by a vassal when Tywin was a child.

Int he books most of these people are alive

Book deads:
>Renly
>Robert
>Ned
>Robb
>Tywin
>Oberyne
>Joffery
>Quentyn
>Lysa
>Kevan
>Loras (most likely soon anyway)
I think thats all the major family members who are dead

Why can't he be a Baratheon? Did I miss something or is there really no possible way for Robert to have shagged Lyanna before she got sent to the tower?

Fucking cringey

She was betrothed but not married, there was no way he could've fucked her.

Because it makes literally no narrative sense. It's stupid, pointless and has no evidence pointing to it. In fact, for Robert to be the father he must have found the Tower and shagged her. The timelines don't match up.

There must always be a stark in winterfell.

Jon isn't a stark. Sansa is, but she's probably going to go off to politick in the southern lands.

When winterfell is left starkless, is that when the others will be able to invade? Does the wall lose its power?

pretty sure most of those houses just have lesser cousins/branches of their family that would just inherit those titles

Please post the Jon and Davos edit if you have it

They've gone out of their way on the show to talk about how much Rhaegar loved her and was a nice actually a person and all that shit. He's clearly the father.

Why doesn't Benjen just make a ship and go around the wall?

>kidnap a woman knowing it will start a war that tears the kingdom in half, costs thousands of lives, and sets up the entire world for invasion by ice zombies.
>nice person

8000? What the fuck. Aside from the fact an average royal family has a lifespan of 500 years, there would hundreds of Stark-branches throughout the generations and this isn't including bastards.

>But muh unpredictable GRRM avoiding tropes
R+L=J deniers are literally as bad as D&D with their valar morghulis meme interpretation of what the series is about

If the narrative is leading up to something and the clues are all pointing to something GRRM isn't going to ignore that just because he wants to make it unpredictable, he'd be a hack if he did that

No Cersi will die

Redeemed Jaime will breed with Brianne the Beaut

Tyrion might have heirs as well

Except she wasnt kidnapped.

sure you did

Lyanna eloped. The war wasn't started because of her believed kidnapping but because of Rhaegar's retarded father. Rhaegar didn't know. As for the ice zombies part, Rhaegar believed in the Prince Who Was Promised prophecy which stated someone from Aerys' line would save the world from the Others. Rhaegar's motive for eloping with Lyanna could have been to produce this child and save the world.

Aside from that pretty much all characters we meet in both the book and show aside from Robert who is clearly biased speaks of Rhaegar as if he was fucking Jesus and think he would make a great king

>kidnap
>knowing it will start a war

The war started because Aerys had Ned's father and brother executed and everyone was sick of his shit. Everyone always talks about how great of a man Rhaegar was.

As soon as Sansa was married to Tyrion she was no longer a Stark unfortunately. The only real Stark left is Bran, but who knows if he will ever go back to Winterfell.

Sansa's Lannister marriage was never consummated and her marriage to Ramsay is void since he's dead. She's a Stark, and even if she wasn't, since they're openly rebelling and shit she can just claim that the marriage wasn't valid. Might makes right and the victor makes the rules.

I meant that after her marriage to Tyrion she lost her Stark name. Even if the marriage wasn't consummated she was a Lanister then, and even after that marriage was dissolved she is a Bolton now. Even with Ramsey dying I don't think she goes back to being a Stark. No one in the North believed in her, since they don't consider her a Stark, and in that scene in the finale they rallied behind Jon Snow rather than Sansa and made him King in the North. I just don't think anyone outside of Jon thinks of her as a Stark.

Also I forgot to add that is Sansa is pregnant with Ramsey's baby (I've seen some speculate on that) then she is even worse position. People not thinking her as a Stark might be what pushes her to Littlefinger's side.

Baratheons are the result of a male targ bastard taking his womans name

Months past between her leaving ramsey and reclaim winterfell I doubt it.

She has been wearing a lot of heavy clothes because of winter. So maybe she is hiding it.

You were here 5 years before it existed? Wow you must be really cool!

>major houses being extinct
I thought they still had dozens of cousins and kinsmembers?

Don't forget the Targaryens, they're all extinct in the male line, which basically means they're extinct by law.

The Lannister's main line will not be going extinct. Quip man will have a son after taking over Casterly rock and name it after his deceased brother.

I like to think most of Ramsay's dogs died from high cholesterol after eating Fat Walda and the ones left to eat him were the /fit/ browsing dogs who knew better.

Stop spreading this targyrian lie

>mfw people don't realize that the Dayne's are the oldest house and date back 10,000 years

kek

>Papa Stark dies
>Eldest brother dies
>Older sister dies
>Older brother is the only one left
>Better fuck off to the wall without leaving any heirs

Fucking Benjen.

Wow look at this shitlord

Based Daynes most likely date back 12,000 years to the age of Dawn. That's right they were most likely the first men to settle in Westeros.

I actually think the Last Hero who defeated the others was a Dayne wielding Dawn. Would explain why Dawn is the most unique and distinguished sword that exists in universe and why Arthur Dayne is tied into the prophecy of Azor Ahai who we all know is Jon Snow.

It's because D&D have to wrap up literally everything in, what, 13 episodes or some shit? So absolutely no loose ends can exist.

In the books it's a bit different, because there are usually dozens upon dozens of side characters per house. For example there are, I think, two more heirs to House Tyrell in the books, with a metric fuckton of relatives and whatnot, but in the show they aren't going to give a flying fuck about relatives "because omg did u see that the tyrells just all DED mein gott all that shock value!" - d&d

Uhm no? Orys Baratheon took the lands, sigil and words from Argilac Durrandon after marrying his daughter. He kept his name but thats about it

Well it's all Jamie and Cersai's fault.

Jon Baratheon is Robert's true heir.

>19th century british social customs are the exact same as westerosi social customs

ok

If a highborn woman marries a lowborn man, does she lose her right of inheritance? If they have a child, does the child get anything? Say, if Jon weren't around and Sansa had a kid with some northern farmer. Could that kid keep the name and inherit the land?

So Jon needs to be a Dayne to inherit that sword?

It would depend on if there is any other male heirs. If there isn't any and a Queen marries someone (i'm guessing it is like this for any highborn families too) then they wouldn't become King but be given the title of Prince Regent (that is what Prince Philip is now who is married to the Queen) and have no claim to the throne really. Their children would be next in line to the throne though.

funny how they show the sword in the last episode, when Ned leaves it there... maybe Dayne cucked the Prince and got Lyanna to himself. So Jon could use the sword later... WOW