Do they make good JRPG's anymore? Before you tell me to go to Sup Forums, I already am there...

Do they make good JRPG's anymore? Before you tell me to go to Sup Forums, I already am there, but I thought I'd ask here too. It's at least marginally less autistic here. Anyway yeah I loved Xenogears back in the day. Is there anything this good on PS4?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pA8DdkM2Wqo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Disgaea you pleb

This is a pretty long series by now, yeah? I remember hearing about this years ago.

Does Bloodborne count?

No but I recently platted it and it was one of the most god-slayer tier games I've ever played so great taste, genres aside.

There are 5 main games, then a few remakes/side games for mobile. Disgaea 5 is the only one made for Ps4, but you can get the old ones from psn too

Right on, thanks, so should I start at the beginning or with 5? Or does it matter?

Also, look into almost any nippon ichi software or atlus game and you'll likely find a quality jrps

Much better than the souls series imo

Each game kinda refers to the previous ones in endgame. Like, only seeing the old main characters though. The stories are pretty much standalone, so you'd be safe starting wherever

I've tried DS1 and DS3 and while I haven't gotten far in either, I'm inclined to agree. I have every intention of getting back to them but they just didn't grab me by the balls in nearly the way Bloodborne did.

No youre rigjt. Jrpgs died with the psx

youtube.com/watch?v=pA8DdkM2Wqo

You don't recommend any one in particular?

Man xenogears was fucking tits man I remember picking up at a video rental store have no idea what it was and man I was fucking blown away

Fuck yeah man. One of my best friends bought it and didn't dig it, said it was retarded, I borrowed it from him anyway because I wanted a new game and I barely left the house until I was finished.

Ni No kuni is getting great reviews, ps3 tho..

Yeah I never had a PS3. I went Xbox for that and the generation before. If I remember right I believe it was Morrowind that made me choose Xbox over PS2.

when i neede a good jrpg fix, i went for a DS emulator, they realeased some really good stuff on there, google some top 10 list you'll get some decent stuff. 3DS isnt emulated well yet.

Final Fantasy 9 is my fav JRPG for the PS

FF9 was a good game but I didn't love it as much as many people on here seem to. I liked FF7 the best out of the PS1 FF games at the time, although granted at the time I was a depressed angsty fag. Now I'd probably say Tactics is my favorite FF from that time period.