>YOU SAY GOD, I SAY SAY 10
>*beheads Trump*

This is going to be aoty isn't it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WCqaXfFJD9c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>*beheads Trump*

definitely. we need to bring edgy back now more than ever.

is it out yet?

I'll never understand how things can go from quality to shit so comprehensively

The Simpsons being the best example, it cant have been purely luck that made it good in the first place? where did it all go?

fucking sweet belt though

>mfw Trump will...
>...build the wall
>...imprison Obama and Hillary
>...ban all muslims
>...shut down all fake media including Hollywood
>...achieve world peace by befriending Russia
>...make America great again

all of mansons "good" music was because of reznor

I'm pretty sure Reznor had nothing to do with say10

>"good"

so you're trying so say objectively antichrist superstar isn't a good album?

IF YOU'RE 555 I'M 666

More like 444 because Manson is a NAZI with connections to BOYD RICE!

Sorry Brian, leave AOTY up to us.

objectively that's not the case.
Reznor didn't come up with good riffs for Manson.
Reznor didn't come up with the themes and lyrics of Manson's songs
Reznor didn't make Manson's vocal performances as good as they were

what Reznor did was contribute to the fucked-up post-apocalyptic aesthetic of one of his albums by adding plenty of little sound arrangements that make it fun to re-listen to.

And, like any producer worth his salt, he gave them a good guitar tone, but that's nothing worth writing home about.

If you compare the demos of his first two albums to the final product you'll quickly realize that Reznor's participation was useful but certainly not the only thing that made them good.

>tfw Boyd Rice ft on the new album, and a Trent diss track

reznor had nothing to do with mechanical animals, holy wood and pale emperor though

I'd buy that for a reichsmark

trent is far more jacked than that

Agreed, also Trent is a boring family man while Manson is still a crazy freak

Trent and Manson are both huge now, but in different places.

Brian has a huge goiter and Trent has a huge beer gut.

Fuu

Nice legs Brian, shame if someone were to feel them up.

does boyd rice feature on the new Marylin manson album? might be the first time I'll listen to one of Mansons album

yeah but it's a secret

If anything Reznor's life got more interesting with a family. He's got a quirky Miliennialfu who makes him do young people shit, four kids, three of them potential future Elliot Rogers, in-laws that probably disapprove of him ( there was an interview at his place and the reporter found him brushing his dog's teeth just to impress the in-laws), and is still combating Alcoholism and cokehead mode.

how is that?

why not imprison G.W. Bush too?

"Say10 = satan. Clever wordplay." - a youtube poster

Trent quit the heroin, got swole, and started banging some asian model.

Manson dont want none

Tront is larger then lif

He only used Heroin once and it killed him for several minutes because he Pulp Fictioned it thinking it was Coke, his actual narcotic of choice following a brief period smoking crack in the late eighties.

helo this is tront

guis pls stop beign mean to brien

its not his flaut if hes got fat ok

its very hard to work out wen u dont have a famly to suport u

thank u

Manson has Depp

Also Trent releases better music and has more talent, so there's that.

If Manson will release something better than Hesitation Marks or NTAE I'll be surprised

are you serious? the guy that wrote "hurt" only used heroin one time? ffs

>"Alright Trent my boy. Ready to give your fans some seizures?"

Wouldn't be very hard, Hesitation Marks was pop garbage and NTAE is a very lazy attempt at industrial rock.

but manson doesn't really have it together anymore so who knows?

Hurt's heroin connection got popular when Johnny Cash suggested it was the best anti-heroin song he ever heard. Hurt's the last song in a concept album about killing, then regretting killing God.

embarrassing

what the fuck else does "the needle tears a hole, the old familiar sting" mean though

>tfw you inspired Christian Bale's most horrifying acting transformation in The Machinist

thats just steriod injections

sterodis come in litle sirynges

Hesitation Marks and NTAE both were really good though, Hesitation Marks had some of the best songs he has ever written and Burning Bright will be a NIN classic.

Well if manson wants to be shocking again, the most edgy thing he could do is make some neofolk or some edgy stuff with boyd rice and piss off a bunch of normies by dawning far right aesthetics.

Making fun of trump is just the same thing every libtard is doing.

Baleman was trying to show Trent the way to becoming a proper rock star again.

Physical mutilation. The protagonist is one fucked up individual.

>if manson wants to be alternative he should start supporting the president elected by popular vote

you

Atticus' golden penis.

No they weren't. NTAE has interesting sounds that a more inspired musician could work into proper songs, and Hesitation Marks is some of the most forgettable synthpop I've heard in years.

>I AM A BIG MAN, YES I AM

you

And I have big guns

that sounds like a pretty normie thing to do honestly

Isn't that what he's always been doing though?
Subtly playing with fascist aesthetics and philosophies?

I could almost buy it but honestly why a needle

why not a knife, it just doesn't sound anything like an image of self harm

That is all an opinion, I don't see how anything on Hesitation Marks is forgettable, Various Methods Of Escape, I Would For You are forgettable, I find that album to be an amazing package where every song is good and has something to offer one way or another with hidden sounds that are discovered upon more listens.

manson: "isnt le trump le dumb xDDD"

What manson could do : " actually trump is cool and good"- said while wearing a nazi uniform and running away from lynch mob

Hesitation Marks is prime depression core. It took me a long time to get into it admittedity, but then you start to see how disturbing the music actually is.

The man who wrote Heresy is now praying to God to help him.

The man who wrote March of the Pigs wrote a song about where he's timidly watching everyone live their lives with no fight left in him. (While I'm Still Here)

It's uncomfortably real.

again, it's hilarious that you picture trump supporters as this oppressed minority who are running from the society's metaphorical lynch mob when he was literally elected by popular vote

Yeah, I can imagine that the protagonist might be an actual drug addict as well, as it isn't Trent who he's writing about, he's killed God, dumped all his morals and embraced everything self destructive right up to rape and eventual suicide much to his horror.

TDS is an odd album to interpret beyond the surface ("Closer is about sex, Hurt is about heroin!")

yeah, i'm thinking he's back

>Random youtuber: So this album became relevant again
>Kekposter: This album has been relevant since it's release, you've just been pretending for the past decade it hadn't.

Oh, yeah hollwood and newyork, the entertainment industry is ground zero of the 4th Reich.
The edgiest thing manson could do as a musician at this point is make a neofolk album and dawn fascist aesthetics and say shocking things like, maybe hitler had some good ideas.

>depression core
man you just dismissed your own tastes altogether right there.

What weight could the opinion of a guy who likes "depression core" conceivably have?

And all you're saying is that Hesitation Marks is embarrassingly un-rebellious. And I agree with that but it sure as hell doesn't make it good.

but user... if you're not new in the neofolk post-industrial circles you would know that unlike manson, rammstein or laibach, boyd rice and douglas pearce didn't appropriate the far-right aesthetics for means of purposeful irony.

rape isn't self-destructive unless you're raping an STD carrier without protection.

The point is, he's not acting like a 50 year old 16 year old rebellious edgelord. He's grown up, he's writing about what he's dealing with in the time he wrote the album. And being uncomfortable in your own skin can be a greater nightmare then anything you can dream up.

Skinny Puppy did it first

Skinny Puppy did it better

Skinny Puppy did it harder.

>he's grown up
he's pussied out. Sure being a pussy is embarrassing but it doesn't make for good songwriting material. If it did the entirety of emo would be good.

Why can't he act like a rebellious 50 year old instead of acting like a spineless 50 year old? Doesn't he have anything to be pissed about other than himself?

That being said, his lyrics have always been about how disappointed in himself he is. But at least back in the day, the music itself didn't sound like pure self-pitying.

Did they stole that idea from silent hill?

>harder
the theatrics maybe, but their music's always been pretty soft by harsh EBM standards.

manson is actually a rip off of rozz wiliams you plebe

that's true, but he was, like, Rozz Williams with badass riffs and more energy (but less authenticity).

That's a fair enough obsevration. Maybe nothing was pissing him off in 2013. Maybe he got enough rebellion out of his system follwoing Year Zero, maybe he was... content... I mean, he was still in a new marriage, being a father, maybe he was still figuring how Nine Inch Nails was going to evolve.

Like With_Teeth and Broken, Hesitation Marks might be looked back on as a transitioning period. It will all have to depend on the upcoming album.

observation.

rozz made better music and created mansons entire aesthetic.
Manson is a talentless clown

youtube.com/watch?v=WCqaXfFJD9c

they were both talented clowns, honestly

>When you attempt to hide the fact you're actually a polite, animal loving, torture hating, leafposter named Kevin by spelling your name backwards.

well not his ENTIRE aesthetic.

he didn't come up with the kindergarten junkie aesthetic of the Spooky Kids.

Spooky Kids was some good stuff honestly

>manson-thread turning into a reznor-thread
every single goddamn time

rezposters just can't get over the fact that Manson's success didn't depend entirely upon Reznor.

I think Hesitation Marks isn't rebellious, what I would call it is sincere and honest and I have a lot of respect to that. I can't call the album pussying out, as Trent must have known this calmer NIN wouldn't appeal to much people, but the different sound and approach did benefit and I can imagine looking at Hesitation Marks in years and seeing it for a very good album, like every other album it stands out.

It's the album that is the most straightforward about his drug addictions and past, it feels very open and vulnerable.

SAY10 will unironically be aoty.

Oh come on. If he was "honest" he wouldn't put his feelings into a musical format with silly lyrics and synthpop instrumentals and then sell it to the masses.

Music is entertainment anyway, and there isn't much to be entertained by in Hesitation marks. Vulnerability has to be glamorized through baroque aesthetics for it to be entertaining, otherwise it's just mildly disgusting, and Reznor didn't do that on this album, he simply juxtaposed it with safe, uneventful synthpop.

Maybe if Manson put something interesting out since pre 2005 it might be different. Maybe if he embraced age and adaptation, he might be better embraced.

Reznorposters come because there was an era when everyone expected Manson to overtake the king and leave him in the dust creatively, but not only did it not happen, Reznor actually evolved with the times.

Man, that sounds like the life.

>Music is entertainment anyway, and there isn't much to be entertained by in Hesitation marks
I think the album is entertaining from start to the end with catchy and building Copy Of A, to pretty intense In Two.

Reznor stopped being good around the same time Manson did, his only saving grace is that he can still do somewhat interesting stuff with electronic material.

But rezposters don't actually care about his music, they're just mystified by the narrative of the "grown-ass man who's no longer an edgy teen" despite the fact that there's nothing impressive about Reznor anymore.

>kindergarten junkie aesthetic of the Spooky Kids.
nice revisionism! Actually it was an idea from Daisy Berkowitz & Twiggy Ramirez

fucking Sup Forums why you gotta be so autistic?

The next Nails album is going to be brutal.

Trent's mom and the Grandfather who raised him died in a space of 6-8 months of each other a few years back.

You want miserable Trent back? It's coming.

Copy of A isn't catchy at all dude, what the fuck?

I may be biased (in the right way) because I mostly listen to riff-focused or danceable music but come the fuck on. Copy of A sounds LIMP. The vast majority of Hesitation Marks does, as a matter of fact.

Since when are Daisy and Twiggy the other names of Rozz Williams?

You might wanna re-read the thread, man.

in popular mainstream media and on social networking sites, trump supporters are the minority...

I don't think farmers in nebraska or whatever who voted for trump are gonna be listening to manson

youre right, Nebraskan farmers are reznor men

I don't want miserable Trent I want PISSED-OFF Tront. The one who puts energy into his music instead of just sprinkling funny little sound arrangements over it.

trent transitioned into old age better, you cant be the edgy fuck you like an animal guy when you are in your 50's so now he is making movie soundtracks and being a corporate shill for apple