Just got a letter in the mail for jury duty

Just got a letter in the mail for jury duty.

Should I just do it and vote not-guilty if they're a QT?

Help me Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uqH_Y1TupoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=pA8DdkM2Wqo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What benefit would you gain for voting non-guilty? Especially if they've done something especially shitty?

I've been called to jury duty four times in the last five years. Filed for an exception each time, and it was granted.

It's not hard to get out of legally, if you'd rather not go at all.

I like hot people and want to live in a world where the good looking get preferential treatment. In like, an idealist, daydreamer, sense.

Also, I hate the idea of doing jury duty, because it would interfere with all my plans I have over the coming months.

If I'm going to do jury duty, I'll do it for what I believe in, not for the law.

Really? I might just file for an exception then. I definitely don't want to.

Checked the mail on my 36th hour of non-sleep (pulled an all-nighter for a research paper), and seeing that shit got me fucked up.

I hope it works, thanks for the advice!

>implying in your ideal world you'd even be part of it
kek

went in to get it over with. wasn't even remotely likely to be selected; completely out of the demographic that day i guess. now i don't have to worry for a good 10-15 years about it.

other way to look at it is this is as close as you get to play god without being in the medical field, law enforcement, or some rather high ranking politician

try bribing them. Ask for like $500 to vote not guilty and/or deadlock the jury.

You can't make this up

doesnt work any more, i filed for an exemption because i didnt have a car, and they said they would send a free uber to pick me up and take me home.

I'm a straight-A student, well off, appear like a perfect citizen.

That said, they'll know I'm insane if they try and asking me my political views.

They're going to be a nigga

ARE YOU SLOW?!? obviously fucking do it and say not guilty NO MATTER WHAT.

>try committing a felony

That's exactly what I'd do if I had infinite time...but I don't want to waste my time saving some loser either.

lol, who hasnt, welcome to 2016

I'm on a couple of psyche meds, and will probably be on them for years to come.

It just say "I'm on psychiatric medication that interferes with my ability to concentrate and impairs my judgment."

Sure, they could demand a doctor's note and all that, but the court doesn't give a shit. They send jury duty notices to like twice as many people as they actually need because most of them won't even bother to show up.

Nah, just realized I'm kidding myself. If they're dumpy they're getting a GUILTY vote no matter what.

Forgive me for spewing bullshit, I'm sleep deprived.

If you don't wanna go, just flunk the selections. In Ausfalia here, the defence and prosecution briefly examine potential jurors.

Just tell them you hate niggers, jews and fags. Tell them you identify as an attack helicopter, or that Sup Forums is your bible.

Your feet won't touch the floor after they boot you out of court. NP's... ya didn't wanna be there anyway.

If possible, reply to all questions with "when will Millhouse become a meme?". Post results.

>Implying having an exemption granted is a crime.

I don't want to stoop to racist or offensive stuff though...

If I show up wasted will they reject me or arrest me for "public intoxication"?

Guilty. When they ask why, say "I can tell someone is guilty just by looking at them." Don't budge. Pretend you are an elderly conservative and the defendent is not, so guilty no matter what. Greentext the story here after.

hahahaha, right? fucking normies.

Just start talking about jury nullification and pretend to be a sovereign citizen.

youtube.com/watch?v=uqH_Y1TupoQ

Poison the well, OP.

You'd most definitely be arrested.

I could pull that off easy actually. Hmmm... best advice yet.

Just fuck off with your bullshit you fucking junkie faggot, kill yourself, just end it all you worthless fucking loser, scum of society you are - and you know why? Because all you do is sit behind your little $10 keyboard getting Cheetos all over it, and the $250 PC you build expecting to be able to play some vidya only to realise you can't because it is shit, thus you come on here and just fucking whinge and whine. You little piece of shit.

Good to know!

Won't be doing that then.

Sweetness! *cyber high-5*

you dont even know what a normie is. you probably think it means natsoc or something political.

WITNESSED

Show up totally fucking drunk. Tell the judge to fuck off while drunk. Bailiff arrests you for Drunk in Court (yes, it is a real law.) Plead to the Mercy of the Court. Get bullshit alchol rehab sentence. Fuck the girl that runs the rehab. Make her your sub. Profit for an inside line to the courts.

Just do it. try to get on. We hear about this every day and see it on TV so why not witness it? It's fun even if it's slow.

The thing that pisses me off though, if I've sacrificed time for my hobbies, my friends, my family, and everything else so that I'd have the EXACT time jury duty is going to be relatively free.

It's going to be my last semester, and I have TWO classes scheduled. I wanted to spend my last semester getting fit, and hanging with my friends that I miss.

Basically, if they make me show in court, imma just be mad.

I'm debating betwen doing this or just asking the interviewer if the defendant is hot, and just being my real self with the interviewer.

$49 bucks a day just isn't enough for this shit

I did it once.. got on a jury.. I managed to convince everyone he was guilty based on the fact that statically no one else could have committed the crime based on the evidence. It took me 7 hours to do it but by the end everyone agreed that it was impossible for anyone else to have committed the crime.
Pretty sure the guy was innocent but I wanted to see just how stupid everyone else could be if I could corner them and feed into the fact that people won't admit they don't know something if they don't understand it..

He was black so it was ok

If you're in school you have an exemption.

i got called for jury duty in florida shortly after moving to maine, really dodged a bullet on that one

Even a part time student graduating this semester, 26 years old?

If that's true, I can't thank you enough for putting my mind to rest.

youtube.com/watch?v=pA8DdkM2Wqo

Compromise. Do the Guilty thing unless the person is hot. Then change to innocent when you see they are hot with "Innocent. Hot people cannot be guilty." Same stubborness on that one. ;D

They don't know your schedule or how much work you would actually do. Some trials go on for months which would probably interfere with your classes. They'll mention in the beginning if you have an exemption where to go.

lmao, I'm honestly tempted

I wouldn't even have to act, that's just how I'd do things if I'm not trying to be all righteous

After it's over, you MUST greentext the story here. DO IT! XD

Jury system is for plebs.

This one (summons or whatever letter) says Jan 1 until Jun 30, but I get the feeling most end earlier? Classes start mid Jan tho, so it'd definitely interfere.

As fun as getting paid to mess with the system sounds .. I think I'll focus on my career

what if they ugly tho.
> ew i hate court
> ew defendent has acne
> ew nobody deserves to look at that
> why am *I* being punished
> fuck you
> GUILTY