Warning:Boring thread seeking advice

Warning:Boring thread seeking advice

>Be 18
>Get pulled over for going 45mph in a 25mph zone
>Be really nice and polite to officer
>Still get 250$ fine
>First ticket Ive ever gotten(Never been pulled over either)

So saying this information. What is the best possible way to get this ticket, A.) Dropped completely B.) Reduced fine and not show up on record

The officer did give me a sheet for a "Safe driving" course I can take for 60$ that is 4 hours long, and can make it so that the ticket wont show up on my license or insurance apparently.

Is there anything I can do to get the ticket dropped?
Should I plead not guilty or guilty in court?
Should I attend the 4 hour 60$ course?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pA8DdkM2Wqo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Im in the same situation. 86 in a 65. already pleaded not guilty and requested trail by written decleration.

>Be really nice and polite to the officer
>Still get fined

This only makes you seem like an entitled cunt.
You should be nice and polite regardless, and you should "still" get fined because you were going nearly double the speed limit.

pay the ticket you over privilege piece of shit,learn to fallow the rules and don't drive like an asshole...

I am an entitled cunt. But thats not the point of the thread.
Im asking for legal advice.

It was 3am at night with no traffic. I clearly wouldnt drive like that if it were possible to affect anyone else. Im just asking for a little advice lol

Damn savage.

change your name legally so they cant charge you with the crime.

Dispute it in court and request a jury trial. Since the charge is so minor and putting a jury together is a hassle the charge will almost definitely be dropped.

Source: my mom's ex boyfriend did it all the fucking time to get out of DUIs.

youtube.com/watch?v=pA8DdkM2Wqo

You're a retard, this isn't a simple "oh hahaha you were only kinda speeding a little so I'll let you off with a warning" kind of situation YOU WERE GOING 20 OVER CUM BUCKET. take the 60$ hit if you can afford it or your insurance rate is gonna be FUCKED for the next like 4 years

>I clearly wouldnt drive like that if it were possible to affect anyone else
except if some drunk retard happened to be crossing the street

You good sir are a complete fucking retard

20mph over can be considered reckless driving
which is ~$500 in fines, potential jail time, and enough points by itself to suspend your license
>pay the $250
>be grateful the cop gave you a break
>stop doing 20mph over the speed limit

It wasnt a residential area. Was a back-road kind of. But I guess that kind of could happen. Maybe Im just searching for a way to get out of it. Sorry about the hassle everyone

In my state any speeding above 20mph is a 500$ fine, several days in jail AND your license will be revoked for a minimum of 12 months

>Is there anything I can do to get the ticket dropped?
Unlikely. Assuming that you were going approximately 45MPH, the officer doesn't need radar/lidar to make a speed estimate.
>Should I plead not guilty or guilty in court?
You need to talk to a lawyer or someone who knows the law in the state where you were stopped. Not guilty gives you the chance to argue the case and possibly get the ticket dismissed, but may lock you into the fine/points if the court convicts.
>Should I attend the 4 hour 60$ course?
Even if it just prevents the insurance increases that come with the ticket it's worth it - the fine is $250, you would probably pay at least three times that in increased insurance before the ticket rolls off your record.

>revoked for a minimum of 12 months
I think you might mean suspended
revoked means that you don't get your license back
suspended means you get it back after the time set by the judge or your points expire until you're allowed to have driving privileges again

Yes that's what I meant, my bad

Ask for a prehearing with a prosecutor. Tell the prosecutor that you will pay the fine but don't want the points. The points are what get you because they will raise your insurance and make it nearly impossible to get any job that requires you to drive, whether it be a porter at the airport or a merchandiser, etc., which are decent jobs. You want the fine if it means no points.

This is probably BEST case scenario, you dun gun fucked up op

Retarded advise. He can learn from this without being raped by his local government AND insurance company. He should pay the fine and get out of the points.

learn how to speed without getting caught
and dont speed at night in cities or towns
u are 100% going to get caught by asshole officers

I smell a pourch monkey

Often in this scenario they raise the fine to justify getting rid of the points, but it's worth it.

which might work if the charges weren't already reduced
the DA can press additional charges than what the cop brought
and asking for a deal in that scenario will result in the DA either saying no or saying no and bringing the additional charges against you

Okay, this thread is cringe as someone that has gotten out of every ticket hes ever gotten.

Get a a lawyer. You pay $300ish, they go to court for you, fight ticket, it disappears. You don't even have to do anything.

"Just sit back and let the insurance company raise your premiums by $50 a month over 2 points on your record. Don't do what you can to make things better. If you do, you're a porch monkey." literally retarded.

Just get a traffic lawyer. Last one cost me like $50. Dismissed. A lot of the time the officers don't even show up, and if you got that ticket at 3am, and that ofc. is working the night shift, you got a good chance he/she/it isn't gonna interrupt their sleep for that.

Speed laws exist for a reason.

You broke the law and got caught, suck it up, stop being a pussy and accept your fine like a man.

The most you can hope for is to be polite, honest and professional in court and hope the judge lowers things for you, but DONT go in there expecting it.

As long as you show up to the court on your court date, they usually either drop it or reduce it because you showed up, especially since this is your first ticket, they'll more than likely be quite lenient

Most often the city just wants their cash, though. So usually you can plead up to blocking/impeding which carries a heavier fine but no points, and then everyone is happy. City gets more money and you get out of points. It could just be like that around here because I'm in a suburb of Detroit and we're all poor, though. Don't try this in a wealthy community.

You got to do what lawyers do. Pick it apart. go to court and ask to see the officers qualifications to operate the device used to catch you with. (they never seem to have that on them) it will get rescheduled. At the next court day ask to see the calibration records for the device. It will probably again have to be rescheduled. If they are unable to provide any of the documentation it must be tossed, also if the officer fails to show up for the court date it gets tossed as well.

> pay $300 for a $250 ticket
> logic

>you made a mistake, now your life just has to be fucked up

Great advise, asshats. None of you have ever fucked up before.

take it on the chin like a man.

Actually i just got a ticket 1.5 yrs ago for going 15mph above got a 120$ ticket, took that shit like a champ paid the fine the very next day

See

im speaking from experience. just pay the fine and be done with it. sometimes you will be have to go to traffic school or do online crap

And after paying for your skyrocketed insurance for 1.5 years you wouldn't go back and try to work a deal if you could? I'm not saying don't pay. I'm saying pay more to get out of the points.

It actually didn't jump much since it was my first ticket maybe 20$? It's already off my insurance

I don't even think OP is here at this point...

Still here

>paid the fine the very next day
either that is bullshit
or you bribed a clerk to lose the case
it takes at least 2 business days for the paperwork to make its way to the court's computer system
that is why on your ticket it gives a no early than day

Thank you everyone for the advice. I think I will try and just setup a plea to where it wont show up on my insurance or license. Hopefully it works out

Actually ya you are right i tried paying the next day but they said it wasn't filed yet

$20/month * 12 months = $240
$240 * 1.5 years = $360
$360 + original ticket of $120 = $480

Blocking/impeding ticket with no points is $180.

$480 > $180

Guess i just have more money to burn than you

>ya you are right
did I get lost and wind up on a board other than Sup Forums?

No i just admit when im wrong, call me ome of a freaking kind lol

This thread has been pretty respectable actually, aside from a few.

Lol, what a joke. Fucking loser faggit.

In al my years of medicine I've never seen a case of butt hurt this severe

hahaha you can't pay $250 for a ticket broke nigga get your funds up

I was literally out of words to say, I was amazed. I used math to show you that you were wrong and you stood by your bad decision so confidently anyway. Bragging, even. Brag about having a lot of money when you have some real cool shit to show for it, not when you pay $300 more dollars for the same ticket, moron.