When did you realize that grimes is the artist of this decade so far?

when did you realize that grimes is the artist of this decade so far?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nblf7Yw4jys?t=5m40s
theguardian.com/music/2016/apr/28/beyonce-lemonade-lesson-collaboration-robert-plant-karen-o-kendrick-lamarr-jack-white-mnek
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_(musician)
rateyourmusic.com/charts/top/single/2012
youtube.com/watch?v=Tv9YoYCKNoE
reddit.com/r/Grimes/comments/4g84rl/grimes_downloads_various_rare_collaborations/
youtube.com/watch?v=EOwhuTlxE54
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S71344927#p71350315
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S71344927#p71353802
clyp.it/hddhqzrh
youtube.com/watch?v=YSWwVYuqsVM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

everyday

interesting. fave grimey song?

They are all very different. Though "suicide" songs are most appealing

She needs to get off her ass and get a new album out by end 17 early 18 and if it is AA tier or above she can get in the top 10. I really don't think anyone comes close, even Beyonce loves her, but she's gotta get a mainstream hit or at the very least an advertising earwig that makes people go 'oh I love that, what is it'.

I really love Grimes but she gotta' break through.

This is Billboards top 10, which I disagree with but it's not really far off.
10. Kendrick Lammar
09. Arcade Fire
08. Katy Perry
07. Lady Gaga
06. Nicki Minaj
05. Drake
04. Taylor Swift
03. Adele
02. Kanye West
01. Beyonce

The moment I realized she writes/performs all of her own music. And when I noticed that an increasing number of major industry players (like Elton John, Lady Gaga and most recently Lorde) have started taking career cues from her.

>when I noticed that an increasing number of major industry players (like Elton John, Lady Gaga and most recently Lorde) have started taking career cues from her.

Any proof? What cues?

such a bland top (billboard top 10). in terms of popularity, those artists are the "best" of the decade. but the real best artist is grimes, imo.

Only thing she needs to break is your eardrum with harsh noise record.

fuck you and your neurotypal lists of fame.

Wow! Grimes used to be a 7/10 before her hairline started receding.

>I really don't think anyone comes close
I said that, and I believe it to be true, but it's just like my opinion, man.

>doesn't know Grimes used to have a shaved head
Do you even trivia, mate?

WEW

what are you talking about? that pic is the most recent picture of hers. check her instagram.

Elton John mentions Grimes as being one of his main inspirations for continuing to make music around the 5:40 mark:
youtube.com/watch?v=nblf7Yw4jys?t=5m40s

Not to mention the whole Grimes/Gaga pink fedora/cowboy hat conspiracy.

>the world is ours to share
>doesn't like certain ppl
what an hypocrite

>doesn't like certain ppl
she doesn't like pricks, trolls, alt-right assholes, etc. i totally agree with her.

She only likes sheeple who slaves for big corps.

was this taken in 1994?

so that makes her shirt invalid if it doesn't include everyone

You don't understand it is "Ours" as in Us and Them.

visions was cool, not sure about artist of the decade.

explain

Subhumans like you don't count as people - by definition.

but she gave me a hug when i saw her live

Grimes isn't Parquet Courts though

Then stop roleplaying as a subhuman when you're on the internet.

i think thats you

>roleplaying

Forgot to mention David Albarn (and I'm sure I'm forgetting about a whole host of other bigger name artists as well.)

And notice how nearly every major pop PERFORMER to release a new album over the past couple of years has suddenly become a behind-the-scenes co-writer/co-producer/co-etc. wunderkind of some sort (at least, if people's liner notes are to be believed...)

It used to be that just small ensemble groups (eg. rock bands) were looked down upon if they weren't heavily involved in the writing/production process going on behind their music. Solo performers/popstars were pretty much off the hook in that regard. As things currently stand, the best that Beyonce surrogate-types can do to defend against criticism is write passive-aggressive articles about people like Grimes being literal freaks of nature:
theguardian.com/music/2016/apr/28/beyonce-lemonade-lesson-collaboration-robert-plant-karen-o-kendrick-lamarr-jack-white-mnek

Imo in a couple of decades from now, when people look back on today there's probably going to be a very marked difference in the contemporary music world (more so business-model-wise than music-style-wise) between the pre-Grimes and post-Grimes era.

Yeah, definitely "artist of the decade", for sure! Idiot.

Also, this is only compared to other female artists, male ones and bands excluded. Pathetic how deluded waifufags are.

holy shit grimes btfo

>(((RYM)))

And swans is the band of the century

Still not convinced anyone here actually likes her.

i like her

I don't see anything wrong in your statement.

This chart is correct, I'd much rather listen to any of the other artists on it than Grimes

Kust 24/7 nonsense.

Fuck 'Grimes' and the entire mainstream music industry aka the mob

Agreed.

Until yesterday I thought she was just an out of control meme. Then a very kind user pointed me it the right direction. Now I just feel that SHE'S out of control!
Nice to see an artist who isn't playing to the formula and using her talent to kick the formula in the face.
Officially converted! I love this, she's fucking AWESOME!

user, you can stop pretending to be a newfag
we all know you're a grimesfag lying

Fuck off.

Grimes shilling has to go. And Grimes herself(?), ought to be deported.

Mainstream music industry and 'Holywood' are enemies of the USA.

i miss Sup Forums

Not pretending, been on this board for years. Just got trolled really hard on a thread a while back when I asked what the deal with her was and was pointed in all the wrong directions by said Troll. I listened to what was posted and left it at that, not being to impressed.
Yesterday someone actually took the time to give me an honest low down ( I know unheard of on Sup Forums) and I followed it.
I woke up with her music in my head this morning, and I'm glad for that.

February 2017. This is Grimes' current look.

i don't get it; you like chvrches that are way poppier than grimes and yet you dislike art angels.

>using that nerdy rym site as a reference
>implying that grimes albums weren't dragged down by Sup Forumstants giving it shitty ratings as a "revenge"
you're lame.

Fuck off. You can shill forever and this goofy lucking SJW scrub will never gain traction.

Americans sick of the degenerate culture you impose on us.

rym voted oblivion as the SINGLE OF THE YEAR 2012! rym nerds btfo!

that's great, user. i'm glad for you.

Fuck off.

No one is buying it.

Sorry I discovered something yesterday that I like and you don't, get over it.
Don't you have a Boston record to listen to or something?

The list of artists that like Grimes is pretty long:
Elton John
Purity Ring
Phantogram
Julian Casablancas of The Strokes
Halsey
FKA Twigs
St. Vincent
Charli XCX
Tegan and Sara
Shirley Manson of Garbage
M83
Sleigh Bells
Sky Ferreira
Ellie Goulding
Chelsea Wolfe
Chairlift
Lorde
Haim
Taylor Swift
Katy Perry
Janelle Monae
Flying Lotus
Nigel Godrich (Radiohead producer)
Chrsitine and the Queens
Four Tet
Carrie Brownstein
Ladytron
M.I.A.
Adele
Madonna
Lady Gaga (she even hired Grimes' collaborator Bloodpop)
Kathleen Hanna
Rihanna
Warpaint
Lauren Mayberry of Chvrches
etc etc

please stop

i unironically think all Grimes fans should die. If a genie gave me three wishes i would spend one of them on a grimesfan genocide

Fuck off. You fool no one.

This forced corrupt Jew culture has got to go.

Lol.

((())) colluding.

How novel.

all of these """"""""""""""artists"""""""""""""" are fucking garbage

? Not that it matters to me, but to your "point"...
Boucher was born and raised in Vancouver, British Columbia.[12][13] She is of Québécois and Ukrainian descent.[14][15][16] She was raised Roman Catholic, and attended Catholic school.[17]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_(musician)

Jews run mainstream music industry which is basically a mafia.

'Grimes' is just a pawn.

>Ukraine
>one of the places where orthodox judaism is most prominent
wow sure convinced me there you paste eating mongoloid

thats because its her only good song

So attack her? By your logic you should attack every musician on Earth.

So why her so much? Because of people like you, I didn't really find out about her until last night. Nice try, but she still broke through to one new fan.

no its just roleplaying you as a new fan.

She's the one who best represents their political agenda.

She's basically an agent against the state.

And she's shilled on here harder than anyone else

Fuck Grimes and all she represents.

I don't need to convince you. You're obviously a hateful person. Chances are in your day to day life you present that as well. Chances are people in the real world don't like you either, and you're a friendless loser.
Wallow in your mud loser, and stay salty.

Exactly.

jig is up user. pathetic that you need to lie to convince ppl to like grimes lmao
last reply from me btw

What difference does it make to you? Use your OWN ears to judge your musical taste.

Lol

Fuck off shill. Your little 'Grimes' propaganda game is well exposed at this point.

But thanks for this list of (((artists))) to DROP

see for yourself: rateyourmusic.com/charts/top/single/2012

>Oblivion
>#1 for 2012, #428 overall

not only that, but many of her singles featured high in the rym charts. shame that her albums are so underrated, but 10 years from now you'll see much higher ratings, i'm 100% sure of that.

No, really, just kys.

(((ratings)))

same bullshit tricks and schemes over and over again.

Now you know how I felt when I first formally learned of her existence approximately one year ago.

t. Person Who Linked You to the FWB Video in that Thread Yesterday/The Professional Classical Musician Who Likes Keeping a Cautious Eye on These Threads

No, I needed to hear this song youtube.com/watch?v=Tv9YoYCKNoE
Then I realized how much better this is than anything that gets regular radio play for the past ten years.
Last reply from me as well, but I'll leave you with one suggestion. Get out of the basement and go outside for a walk. Maybe if you turn your hate down a little, you might even find a friend.

You know what the funniest thing is about this )))guy(((? He's a unrepentant Lana Del Rey shill.

>"We live in false belief" -Kafka

And anyone who can't see through psyops like Grimes deserves what they're going to get.

well this decade sucks and every nigger or pajeet seems to be a fucking racist online

Dude, seek help. You're insane.

This, coming from a LDR )))shill(((

lol

This would be funny if it wasn't so SAD.

The letters in "grimes" and "psyops" spell "Soros"

it's still there

They also spell )))LDR(((

that's great. her music is very insidious and catchy. take your time to uncover other gems from discography and don't forget about her rarities/instrumentals/unreleased stuff: reddit.com/r/Grimes/comments/4g84rl/grimes_downloads_various_rare_collaborations/

it's not here

>Yesterday someone actually took the time to give me an honest low down ( I know unheard of on Sup Forums) and I followed it.
btw, do you remember which thread? i'm curious to see the conversation.

realiti and genesis are also bolded. she has a shitload of great songs, you just have to discover them.

This track blew me away for what you posted. The melody is fucking awesome. The break down is unfucking real, and how she brings it back in, even more unfucking real.
I think it's shit that this isn't exposed to a bigger audience. If anyone is obviously battling the "music industry" that everyone seems to hate so much, it's her.
If she was the "pawn" they say she is. A song like this would have well over a million views by now. It doesn't. So that tells me a different story.
youtube.com/watch?v=EOwhuTlxE54

It shows who the real shills are.

so what do you guys think of grimes?

ignore that idiot. he's so lame that he replied to himself many, many times: rbt.asia/mu/thread/S71344927#p71350315

and the btfo argument: rbt.asia/mu/thread/S71344927#p71353802

being a legit grimes fan is hard on this board. better be prepared to be insulted by these low life scumbags.

It was the Lorde thread about throwing up in my mouth a little. Pic related. Sorry don't have the #

her songs are incredibly well made. and think about it, everything has been made by her, the concept, the lyrics, the production, the videos, the songwriting, even the artwork.

user, listen to this be a body rework too: clyp.it/hddhqzrh

it's so catchy it puts to shame every mainstream artist out there. it's the fucking underworld, orbital, daft punk, enya and the prodigy mixed into one focused beam of music.

found it for you

but it isn't that a lorde thread about lorde where you talk about lorde and lorde accessories featuring lorde? i came for lorde but i didn't get lorde? because when i open a lorde thread about lorde i expect lorde

It starts here, sorry.

why did you save it under the same filename? are you some kind of nerd?

ok, i'm reading it now.

user, i have a big suggestion to you. watch some of her best live videos:
glastonbury 2016
fyf fest 2014
kexp 2012

you'll see how damn charismatic she really is. case in point (listen to this song as loud as possible for proper effect): youtube.com/watch?v=YSWwVYuqsVM

it's fucking great.

I was OP on the thread, and nerd...probably. Except I look like a Chad, so I don't know what the fuck I am...