Why do girls pretend to like punk?

Why do girls pretend to like punk?

elle

please stay on topic friend

it's just one of those genres that function more as a fashion statement than music to half the people aware of it

Why does OP pretend to like girls?

because punk is whiny rich kid music

Ramones are probably one of the poppiest "hard" bands to have ever existed.
If she were wearing a Rudimentary Peni shirt or something I'd see your point, but Ramones are entry-level as fuck.

Why do girls pretend to like:
>punk
>grunge
>metal

when all they really like is country, rap, pop-punk, and indie?

Gets them closer to person they like.
Same with any scene.

i would never doubt that a girl likes the ramones. they're very accessible and loved by plebs

i haven't really known any girls who pretended to be into punk

Bingo bango bongo I don't wanna leave the Congo no no no no no no

Bingle bangle bungle I don't wanna leave the jungle I refuse to go

Does Ashley have Instagram? Is she active anywhere?

no as far as i know. and i don't think she would risk that

ah fuck off Sup Forums

damn, is she from colorado?

that is a boy on the right I RECOGNIZE THE DICK

yeah, i think that's where everyone claims she's from. they found her through facebook which is what freaked her out and made her leave

to get daddy's attention while simultaneously shielding themselves from the male gaze

because if nirvana and gnr are nike then ramones and sex pistols are adidas

The same reason women do literally anything in life

Attention

Please tell me that's horse cum she's drinking

>horse cum
i bet you entered puberty when you watched Jackass

Why do people pretend to like The Ramones?

its actually her own cum

Why does anyone, its fucking shite.

pleb

The Ramones are not and were not punk. They were a throwback to doo-wop

The picture you have shown does not support your idea.

false

OK then

Why would anyone be into punk?

its fun

i used to know a few punk girls
they used to hand around the car park sniffing glue out of plastic bags
you don't see that much these days

ITT: Virgins venting their sexual frustration

Not anymore.

how do i get a qt punk gf Sup Forums?

Go to shows

ok and then?

She's so cute but I hate her nose.

i have to pretend to be *totally* into generic indie rock every time i fuck a culturally unaware dumb-but-hot girl

its chill, the music is accessible but what is with the fetishization of seeing shows? most bands aren't really that great. do you just like hearing rough sounding guitars really really loud?

pleb

emma is best girl

What type of music does Emma listen to? 80s new wave? Free form jazz maybe?

If a a rock band sucks live they were garbage to begin with.

>punk

the most important elements of punk are: 1. systemic blood loss and 2. rejection of car culture. it's not really possible to "pretend to like punk" any more than it is to "pretend to have not fought in fucking Vietnam." also, the music is only tangentially related to the movement. being able to mentally resolve notes in a melody is probably enough.

probably. i know she's a huge bookworm and her boyfriend evan peters is a huge future islands fan and they've went to quite a few of their shows.
i think she listens to a lot of pop music though

because they saw someone they like/admire wearing a band shirt or saying they like xyz band

Because the kardashians wore some band tees and made it cool/socially acceptable to do so, so now you see plenty of normie girls wearing ramone shirts or whatnot (not that I'm implying ramones aren't normie-tier)

>coalburner
>best girl

i enjoyed your post

She's cute in that one webm and that's about it.

Who is this?

Because it's aesthetic

my gf

People in general pretend to like things in order to improve their social status and keep up with people

'fashion' retailers like h&m and topshop sell them as part of their selection. I doubt most of the people who buy these shirts know much about these bands.

Every single thing girls do revolves around image.

what is this from?

i love that you fucking faggots don't think that girls can 'get' punk.
its 3 fucking chords you cretins. ramones are the most consumable band on the earth.

They obviously can get into it, but we are talking about the ones that don't and still pretend to like it

what's the difference between 'liking' punk and the facsimile of liking punk?
who are you hanging around with pretend to like punk?

>mouthbreather jaw
dropped

>do you just like hearing rough sounding guitars really really loud?
YUP

PUNK AS FVCK!!!

Women have really done a number on you lot, haven't they?

fag

No shit.

everyone likes the ramones

Most chicks with ramones shirt didnt even listen to the band
Just like Joy Division

You hear one Ramones song you've heard em all, and most people have heard at least one.

lolno

kEk

please continue

Why doe she wear the choker?
Why does she wear the crucifix?

Because she's a Christian

Am I on Sup Forums?

to show her submissiveness

yes

stop this

that's like saying the jesus and mary chain were doo wop, technically true but disingenuous as fuck

The Ramones, The Damned and The Sex Pistols were Punk

Every other act who came later on were just fashion statements

see

it'de shocking if she was into deppresive black metal or something

Punk died around 1980, after that it was just a label

I mean, that asshole of Green Day dyeing his hair green at 40, getting on a fight with a flight attendant because his pants were unzipped or some shit?

I pity the poor sods who believe there is still such a thing as Punk

yeah that Ramones shirt is kinda like the Unknown Pleasures or Nirvana sadface shirt

why do they have to do this whole dance and immerse themselves into a culture instead of just telling the person they like them?

Girls look for alphas, in any area. You must remember that girls are not interested in anything; art, sports, science, hobbies, nothing. They are only interested in status, violence, and procreating.

Anything in the world that can bring them closer to these things, they will gravitate towards. A frontman is in front of a crowd, and appears to have influence. If pretending to like a culture, and getting money for shows bring them closer to that guy, they will do it. I remember in high school, whenever there would be a fight scheduled on facebook, girls would come from across town to watch 15 minutes of that shit. One time this guy stomped the other guy's head into the a curb, to where blood oozed out of his skull and he was unconscious. When I tell you the look on those girls' faces... It was like a bright shine in their eyes followed by a exhaled sigh of ecstasy....

Anyway, they're there to try to get with the frontman. Nothing else

what makes you think they pretend to like them in the first place? odds are you are just making assumptions based on fucking IMAGES

punk is probably the easiest fucking genre in the world to "get". OP is truly retarded if he believes shit like the Ramones are inaccessible.

Using clothes of the bands you like vs forcing yourself to like certain type of music to fit into the aesthetic

Being accessible doesn't mean that everyone likes it

Only correct and socially aware response ITT.

They occasionally do. Occasionally.

They also love the imagery and culture around the music. Men do too if they're being honest with themselves.

because they need the dick, simple

I knew her way too late. Wish I was in the ride.