Calling all medfags

Calling all medfags
Something is wrong with my cat. He's been laying like this since I've noticed last night. I'm trying to diagnose him but have no clue what could be wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hWToW9ZNOpo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

kick him if he moves he's ok if not he's dead

1. Insert sharpie in pooper
2. ?????
420. Profit¿?¿?!

I'm no vet, but a nurse, look into eyes, pupils dilated or pins, flash a light into eyes to see if they will react.

Is the cat reactive to your touch? Feel around it's stomach, maybe it ingested something sharp, if it reacts to it and causes pain.

Check for bleeding incase it got into a fight

Sup Forums this is a fucking cat get your shit together

if dubs rape and kill him

This morning he also vomited some white foamy stuff

Our cat just died right after acting this way. Lung cancer

Reacts to light normally and no dilated pupils. Doesn't react to my touch on his stomach or body either

Your cat ingested some poison or ate something poisonous . A while ago, if you want it to survive you should take it to a vet. Or let nature run it's course.

How's it's breathing?

I would take it to a vet..

Close up on face. He's sticking out his tongue

Yeah, the cats sick. Looks like it got poisoned of some sort. nurse here agian, happened to my cat and it didn't last long

Don't know exactly what it was.

Can you afford a vet?

go to a vet you nigger

I figured it had ingested poison of some sort but we have nothing like that around the house. It's been roughly 24 hours since it's been noticed he's been acting this way

my cat was acting like this after he ate a snake once,stayed like this for 3 days then became alright again.
but yea i would advise you taking him to a vet since im not an expert.

ER vet here. If you cat is unresponsive then go to a fucking veterinarian, Jesus Christ.

Is it an outdoor cat? or indoor?

do you have any plants? any sort of glues around, paints, anything by the door, floor cleaner?

Ate a poisoned mouse.

>this is literally a bait post

jebus christ nigga take him to a damn vet

I do have a vet scheduled at 9:30 i just gotta wait around for like another 5

This

Okay, perfect.

until then, check it's breathing, speak in a calm reassuring voice tot he cat (this may sound stupid but cats respond to stimuli), pet it and keep it comfortable,feel under it's belly to see if it's cold. If it's cold put a blanket over him or keep him warm some way

Good luck Sup Forumsro and kitty. I'm not on B much but send an update later. I hope the cats okay

Poor pupper

I'm the ER vetfag above. ~50% of GP veterinarians are fucking useless for animals that are actually sick. If your cat is that lethargic and there's a nearby ER, you should consider just going straight there (if you don't have severe financial constraints).

Cat has not been outside since Tuesday and was only out momentarily

ITS SLEEPING

>Sup Forums this is a fucking cat get your shit together

Cat, this is /b. Sharpie in pooper. Expect no less

Dubs!

youtube.com/watch?v=hWToW9ZNOpo

Kidney failure, has about two... maybe three days tops.

Have you put out poison to kill rats or mice inside or outside? Your cat got into that or ate a dead rat or mouse. Got a really nasty smell anywhere? Tons of big, hairy flies showed up?

Guys, calm the fuck down about rat poison. Cats barely ever get that. Something else is almost certainly going on. OP should take my advice and go to an ER.

At vet rn. Lady's on phone gotta wait

Good luck. I worked overnight and am going to bed soon, if you post what they tell you here and I'm still awake I am happy to give my opinion.

Good luck dude.

His temp is very low and cats dieing

Vet you stupid fat cunt

An update on catzo.
There sure his condition is some sort of urinary block and he's not able to go pee. They wanna give him some anesthesia but because his heart rate is so low he could just die

Thanks for the update. Urethral obstructions in cats are typically due to a condition called feline lower urinary tract disease (FLUTD). The exact pathophysiology is not known, but it involves sterile inflammation of the bladder and urethra. Standard treatment is to anesthetize him to pass a urinary catheter and relieve the obstruction, then leave an indwelling urinary catheter in for >24 hours while keeping him on IVF and monitoring his urine output.

The reason why this is a life-threatening condition is that he is not able to excrete potassium into his urine, so his blood potassium levels get really high, which causes a low heart rate and can be fatal. Emergent treatment for this involves medications to help lower his potassium level and minimize its effects on his heart until the catheter can be passed. He is at a high anesthetic risk and could die at any time from the high potassium level unless it is addressed quickly. The other big danger in this is that you can tear his urethra while passing the urinary catheter.

Kitten: free

Vet for dying cat: $847

Still ending up with a dead cat: priceless

Anyways, if he survives he should go home on medications for pain and to relax his urethra. Also do not let them send him home without putting him on a urinary diet unless you want this shit to happen again (it may anyway).

Right. Already up 200 on fees for exam + x-ray. Can't wait til I see the price for being kept a few nights + surgery

Cat is in vets hands now. Just gotta give it time

>cat died at one point

your forgot to say "faggot"

>>cat died at one point

died for our sins