Just face it, Marilyn Manson and the Spooky Kids were like Radiohead but better...

Just face it, Marilyn Manson and the Spooky Kids were like Radiohead but better. Sup Forums's favorite band should be Marilyn Manson instead of Radiohead because they have a lot in common:
>started around the same time in the 90s
>Radiohead tries to change itself on every album but fails to while Manson greatly changes his style on each consecutive album
>both went to shit after 2000
>both had brooding moody singers with unique voices and tone
>both had catchy melodies and interesting little noises in the background that you are rewarded with noticing after repeated listens, Radiohead's electronic diddles and Manson's industrial machine-like dings
>main singer was adored by women
>had albums about sad stuff
>were a fusion of their influences, Manson's Alice Cooper, Nine Inch Nails and Radiohead's U2 and Pink Floyd
>both idolized Jim Morrison
The only difference is that Manson's albums were always considerably better than Radiohead's and he had more talent in his band. Case and point. Your move, Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JYhgqFBs19w
youtube.com/watch?v=tEcWY2WlJuI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've always thought of them as pretty similar bands, but I go back to Manson much more often.

I was hoping somebody would respond, it took me like a whole 5 minutes to write all that out

>both went to shit after 2000

o i am laffin

Go back to Sup Forums Thom.

roll

Ok then, I'll do a point-by-point kind of thing
>granted
>Radiohead succeeds on changing themselves on almost every album, bends to okc, okc to kid a, httt to in rainbows, meanwhile I can hardly notice a change between marilyn manson albums
>marilyn manson did, but not radiohead
>sure
>sure
>i guess
>kind of an overgeneralization, but i see your point
>sure
>sure

o i am rollin

Brian, we all know it's you, you fucking white pasty-ass clown.

Trent Reznor & Thom Yorke >>> You. You need to face it.

Also stop shilling yourself.

k-punk-pop

roll

avant-garde folk metal get

k-vaporgaze

There's barely a difference between Radiohead's first 3 albums, whereas, Portrait is very different from Antichrist, which is verrry different from Mechanical Animals, which is also different from Holywood

You can't honestly say with a straight face that any of Radiohead's albums or even a single one of their songs after 2000 was good, you simply can't, game over, bud.

this is now a thread dedicated to Divine Styler's Spiral Walls Containing Autumns Of Light

yeah man, I love charles manson and the funky bunch. too bad these kids on Sup Forums can't appreciate real pop music.

stop listening to Sup Forumscore other than my albums

if you actually think there is no difference between pablo honey, the bends, and ok computer, you might be underage.
Also, 2+2=5, there there, in rainbows, all of kid a, and most of AMSP kind of makes your argument moot

>any of those songs are good
you just made me bust a gut bro

mfw Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals were genuinely great albums but people would rather fall for the LE MANSON IS BAD meme than hear me out.

>any of those songs are bad
this is terrible bait

LOVELY HUNTING STRANGERS
HERE COME EUPHORIC RANGERS

I know this feel

Not an argument.

t. Small Thinker

r0ll

IN A WORLD OF YOU

>be tone deaf
>believe I can identify the degree of genuine argumentation in a post about musical instrumentation
EVERY TIME

Portrait of an American Family is really good too

>trying to defend radiohead
>posts their worst songs
way to slip you dip

Only his mom may call him Brian, try using Mr. Manson, he just might give you a (you)!

These were all me btw

no

FGHGGGHgfhuf

Nice edit buddy

rowley

rolling

sounds up my alley tbfwy

>trent reznor
>good
Nice Sup Forumsdrone opinion
Reznor is for fags who don't even like industrial and are so afraid of their image that they won't listen to "edgy" music like Manson so they pretend to like Reznor's light industrial music so they can seem trendy and have a diversified range of genres that they're ""into"". Basically RYM stuff.

>Reznor is "light industrial music"
>Manson is not

WHERE THE FUCK IS SAY10

I wasn't implying that Manson was, what I was implying was that Manson is more their speed, as far as opinionless Sup Forumsfags go. Reznor is only popular now among numales who want to be edgy without being called edgy.

It's kind of funny watching all the Manson fans getting ready to kill themselves on twitter on Feb 14th when it was supposed to be released, just type in Say10 and look back at the feed and you can find some crazy shit. Bring back some screenshots if you do.

people who listen to reznor constantly get called edgy though

Calling Reznor's music "industrial" is enough for me to call you a fucking moron, since NIN and MM aren't even industrial.

Also, Reznor pop songwritting with the influence of post-industrial musc was superb in The Downward Spiral.

>Reznor is only popular now among numales who want to be edgy without being called edgy.

Jesus fucking Christ, you're beyond wrong and uninformed. Shitty logic as well.

I've never personally witnessed such things

you've been missing out my dude

sup TJ

TJ is faggot, his liking of Marilyn Manson is the only bad thing about Marilyn Manson

So what you're saying is that they're similar because they
>started in the same 10 year period
>change styles
>slumped during the same 10 year period as each other (wrong)
>front man has emotions and a singing voice that's easily recognized
>they both have noises in their songs
>front man is considered attractive by some people
>they both had influences
>they both love Jim Morrison
These things aren't unique to either of these bands. Comparing them would be like comparing a rock to a piece of wood because they're both round, hard, and can hurt people when thrown

Antichrist Superstar > Mechanical Animals > Portrait of an American Family > Smells Like Children > Holy Wood = Eat Me, Drink Me > The High End Of Low > The Golden Age of Grotesque

Didn't listen to his latest two

>since NIN and MM aren't even industrial.
>heavy distrorted guitars and synths and occasional drum programming and sampling
>not industrial
IF I DON'T LIKE IT IT'S NOT INDUSTRIAL WAHH

CHEEJAYYYYYY

well if you wanna get autistic about it then you can classify nin and manson as industrial rock. but it doesn't have much in common with throbbing gristle or boyd rice or something like that

Uh, no user. NIN and MM use pop music structures (chorus verse chorus). Industrial music was enterely experimental, used noise music elements and most importantly used non-pop music structures (most TG stuff had synthpopish songs here and there, but just a few).

>heavy distrorted guitars and synths and occasional drum programming and sampling
It's called production.

>IF I DON'T LIKE IT IT'S NOT INDUSTRIAL WAHH
Not an counterargument. I fucking love NIN and MM and I know they're not industrial, fucko.

>use pop music structures (chorus verse chorus)
so did Neubauten, guess they're not industrial then

>Industrial music was enterely experimental
and ACSS, Downward Spiral, and Fragile weren't?
also NIN were surprisingly noisy as hell for a ~mainstream~ band.
I remember when i used to be an autistic purist like you.

Now you are just an autist that doesn't know what industrial is.

I'm not the one being a purist and if you deny Neubauten being poppy in their structures you really do know fuckall
youtube.com/watch?v=JYhgqFBs19w
youtube.com/watch?v=tEcWY2WlJuI

Neubauten first two albums were industrial. Later albums post-industrial with pop structure elements and then art rock (with the same mentioned structure) or someshit like that.

ACSS, DS and TF were experimental for pop music, they used elements of post-industrial, making it something special. Noisy=/=noise music. The fact that NIN were noisy doesn't mean they were industrial.

I rememeber when I was an ignorant like you.

>muh post-industrial
if we're gonna keep throwing this buzzword around to de-merit bands and be autistic, then technically speaking any band after Industrial Records is post-industrial. Any band on that label even Leather Nun and Clock DVA (who were post-punk at that time) are ~industrial~. Post-industrial is a nebulous buzzword with no real meaning. Chris Carter himself said there hasn't been a real industrial band since TG, which in his words would exclude SPK and Neubauten. So if you really wanna be anal Neubauten isn't industrial at all.

worst thread in a long time

Post-industrial is not even a buzzword. Autistic in the other hand, is. I would suggest to stop using it, hypocrite.

Actually, most bands that were industrial evolved their sound to something most "accessible", which in this case, post-industrial is. We are talking about a period of time. C Voltaire, Neubauten, SPK, TG and Clock DVA were all industrial, but changed their sound completely because they didn't want to do the same shit over and over again, while other industrial bands remained cult and underground. Industrial as a genre is fucking dead.

Power electronics is considered an updated and a new form of industrial music, without being it of course, because PE is its own thing. So yeah, stop throwing tantrums becuase of things you don't know jackshit about.

nope

ur pleb artest isnt in my faverit genres

I prefer Radiohead albums better tho
fuck off

your not my mom

15 step

I've listened to a lot of legit industrial for years and like NIN, though NIN isn't even industrial, it's rock music.