INTERSTELLAR

Why do people pretend this wasn't the most smartest Sci-Fi film ever made?

le nolan is a bad director meme

>TARS, set intelligence to 10%
>DUDE FEEL THE BERN LMAO

people fear what they don't understand
interstellar is too advanced for plebs

I think it was the use of real science and the retarded plebs got BTFO

it was ok, a little too long though

>most smartest
trying to claim a movie is the smartest of its genre by typing retarded shit like this...your argument is null and void you dum dum

>LOVE TRANSCEND LE TIME SPACE MOM

wow such smart

I can't believe just how redditthis place hasbecome

Really well acted and directed movie.
Visuals and OST were top notch
My only problems were some corny lines and the pacing.
It went from slow scifi kino in the first half, to an action blockbuster shitfest in the second part.
Really no need for a villain, we already had the struggle of men against nature and themselves

>the most smartest

>literal plebs detected
if you were ever to take a film or science class you would understand the pure significance of this work

that's acceptable in the us

>TARS, convert the data from Dr Romily into Binary and read it to me so I can transfer it to Murphs watch using gravity
>Cooper. Dr Romily has 23 years of data, reading that out in binary and transferring into that watch with no mistakes would take decades. How are you going to do that?!
>LOVE TARS! LOVE!

you dumb fuck, im not criticizing the movie. im criticizing retard OP who tries to say a movie is the "smartest" smart by stating shit like "most smartest"..instead of taking your film or science class, take a basic english composition class instead first you dodo bird

>shitty pacing
>muh love deus ex machina

If you did highschool science you'd realise how dumbed down this film is. It also has exposition out the ass in classic Nolan fashion to explain to all the retards exactly what's happening

>le ebon babus first trole

The narrative scope and way it is incorporated to the film's story is top tier filmcrafting.

>you dodo bird
where did you learn to insult? who taught you?

seestop meming

Nolan isn't a bad director but he's a bad writer, at least in his recent films

The writing was good in Interstellar. I can't find a more suitable way to tie a narrative of something crossing spacetime in a better way, let alone the subtlest of 4th wall breaks.

Yeah Nolan always writes in some cyclical bullshit that ties into a small detail alluded to early in the film and retards like you take the bait in believing it's good writing. You're also ignoring the fucking awful dialogue this movie had.

>Yeah Nolan always writes in some cyclical bullshit
For you.

It doesn't tie to the small detail. Love is everywhere in the beginning within Coop's family you moron.

Please would you care to explain what was actually smart about this movie? Of course apart from failing literally every scientific model, like escaping earth gravity with a rocket and then a planet with 130% earth gravity with a lander etc.

The Matt Damon parts were good.

The tesseract/ayy lmao part was uninteresting and felt like a really stupid plot device to get a happy ending where humanity survives.

Sunshine, Moon and Martian were better.

>Edgerlord thinking a positive, optimistic ending is 'really stupid'.
aww

and Martian wishes it had the writing on level of Interstellar. That film deals within its themes in 18 minutes and rest of it is filler.

because "2001: A space odyssey" and "Metropolis" are the best Sci-Fi movies ever made???
Interstellar is mediocre...

hey buddy....OP never said it was smart, he said it was "the most smartest"... get it right guy

>if you were ever to take a film or science class

What science class teaches The Love Dimension?

I like positive and optimistic endings where they are warranted.

The movie goes from a harsh tale of desperate measures for survival to AYY LMAO DW THE ALIENS WILL FIX EVERYTHING in an instant. It's not satisfying.

None of the characters really accomplished anything, they were just magically gifted the solution to their otherwise impossible problems.

it was a great drama

kinda silly as a scifi though

it was surprising that nolan can do this after how meh inception was and the abonimation batman rises or whatever

>expect good sci fi

>its actually an overbudget, sappy, weepy melodramatic story about love

>normies still have to say its 11/10 best movie ever because its made by nolan

he overreached and it sucks

>inception and batman sucked

wut? despite inception stealing ideas its probably top 50 films all time easy

Nolan subverted himself while showing the love towards filmmaking, it's a fine film

inception was ok but I felt that the action scenes were forced and really fucking unncessary and brought down the movie for me

as for dark knight rises, the flaws of that movie were discussed to a great extent on this board
the script, the acting, the pacing, the stunts, the sound mixing
and so on

>smartest Sci-FI
>Climax is literally "the power of love defies science"

Find a hole.
Sit in it.
Die in a fire.

It's stupid when you need a ridiculous plot device for it to happen

Most of them don't have the intellectual capacity to appreciate it. The rest don't think anything can live up to their standarts.

>Go to a planet so close to a black hole that millions of gallons of water are displaced
>Walk around fine

I watched that show with a bunch of non science normies, pissed me off.

>top 50 films all time
Jesus Christ are you serious?

Teenagers and people who watch capeshit absolutely loved interstellar. What does that say about the films fans and their intellectual capacity?

love is science bitch. Learn about neorobiology before you start talking about shit you don't understand.

Not all of them no. Also some of the casual folk only pretended to like it because it is a "Nolan film."

It is true that you don't need high intellectual capacity to watch/appreciate capeshit, but everyone who watches capeshit don't have low intellectual capacity. So your assertion is not correct.

Chemical reactions in your brain do not transcend spacetime in a plaid eternal bookshelf that only mirrors the thoughts of one crop duster so he can travel through time to set up his own stupid plot. Oxytocin does not affect time and space.

You know how I know youre a fucking freshman? Cause you just tried to tell me the equivalent of "go take a class like someone with a REAL major."

You think this way because all youve ever known is being in school.

Enjoy your faggy art degree and the look of people rolling their eyes when you walk into any room.

Newsflash. He dies at the end. And you're a fucking child.

>doesn't know that love is science

/sci/ reporting in

> love
> science
>>>>>>>>>>>>> love

/sci/ out

>I could swing around that neutron star

autism desu

so Nolan is correct?

Hello retard. It's not science in the way Interstellar presents it. That's superstition

All forms of stupidity are acceptable in the US

Don't kid yourself user. The guy is probably still in highschool

Movies that had smarter science fiction themes than Interstellar.

You ever thought it is not meant to be taken literally? Fucking autistic niggers, Jesus Christ.

Fuck I hate summer.

>Love is science u retard
>No it's not
>It's ackshully a metaphor u dumass

this film was entirely more smarter than interstellar

>love is science bitch

This one goes without saying
Yet still retarded

Is Sup Forums seriously that fucking lame and thoughtless that the only criticism we can reach after over 50 posts is 'muh science?' Are you faggots saying that if it weren't for the black hole time travel nonsense Interstellar would be a perfect movie?

How about the fucked pacing, almost total lack of thematic direction, nonsensical character motivations which are confusing due to poor presentation rather than complex ideas behind them. The whole movie feels like a confused and aimless imitation of what a technically competent autist thinks an epic film should look like with absolutely none of the heart or intelligence that truly makes the films which inspired Interstellar memorable.

Really, aside from shitposting on Sup Forums, which is what 50% of this thread is in case some of you newfaggot autists didn't realize, why does anybody care about Interstellar? Why should anybody care about Interstellar? Why won't people care about Interstellar? These are the lines we should be thinking along, not 'no muh pop-scientist disagrees with your pop-scientist.' It's a movie not a fucking textbook.

It's not a fucking metaphor either you fucking retard.

damn kid kys

i think that was awesome. i didn't like that love was the key to everything. Just seems like they couldn't come up with something that at least pretends to be scientific

you alright mate?

Which has nothing to do with I said.
The guy I quoted claimed that the premise of the film is that love defied science. I said love is not a concept that defies science.

Agreed, but the kind of person that loves interstellar is the kind that knows fuck all about dialogue, themes, metaphor or good character writing. Thus all they can argue is that the science in the film is too smart for the average viewer (it isn't) even though Nolan literally has his characters draw diagrams at multiple points in the film to explain it to the audience.

>i jus smokked a dooby an 2001 is the most greatestt movie eveer on the subject of tha space witht the images
how retarded are you?

The way in which it is presented in interstellar does exactly that, though. Unless I missed some massive discovery, and love doesn in fact transcend space and time?

>heh heh people r so dum they didn't even watch that yatub vidya when they already explained that stuff
>peh, they have to explain all det stuff to dem dum masses
>i is smart

If you keep hang up on some shit like 'scientific details' in a film about exploring love transcending spacetime you're probably a fucking retarded desu

NOOOOOOOO, I'M NOT ALL RIGHT AT ALL. I FEEL LIKE I'M THE ONLY POSTER LEFT ON Sup Forums WHO ACTUALLY LIKES MOVIES, LET ALONE SCIENCE-FICTION.

YOU DUMB ASSHOLE, NOBODY LOVES INTERSTELLAR. IT'S ALL SHITPOSTING. LOOK AT AND TELL ME THAT'S NOT A FUCKING SHITPOST. STOP FEEDING (you)s TO SUCH LAZY SHITPOSTERS. YOU AREN'T SMART FOR POINTING OUT THAT A 'SCIENCE CLASS' IS A FUCKING STUPID AUTHORITY TO BACK UP YOUR POINT, YOU'RE FUCKING STUPID FOR EVER BELIEVING user WAS SERIOUS.

Thematically it is more intelligent than interstellar and a far better crafted film than anything Nolan has ever done. It's an obvious pick but valid nonetheless

Pic related is not meant to be taken literally.
Interstellar is selling us on the premise of a Science Fucking Fiction story where elements depend on technology and space travel.

Coopers relationship with his kid, goes from being character defining trait to LITERAL fucking deus ex machina of the whole mission and plot. And it "literally" is happening in the plot of its own movie.

If this element was kept in while Spielberg was still slated to make it- it would have been handled a lot cleaner and at least had the balls to admit it was cornball heartwarming fare.

All these fucking faggots keep trying to act like Interstellar is a sci-fi movie. It's not. Like Star Wars it has a futuristic and sci fi SETTING but it is not a sci fi film. You can't posit a scientific 'what if' story and round it off with THE POWER OF LOVE CONQUERS ALL horseshit.

Interstellar has some amazing PRODUCTION DESIGN. Too many fucking morons confuse the fact that Nathan Crowley decided to give the sets and ships a really grounded aesthetic so we as an audience could relate better. It dashed in some modern NASA designs with an homage to 2001. The film is a fallacy of science fiction. Merely using the genre as a backdrop to a heartwarming "maybe when you have kids you'll understand" kinda story.

Unless your "headcanon" is that Cooper is actually DYING once he goes into the black hole- and that the ending is him coming to terms with failing his mission and his kids and humanity-- he's just giving himself the happy ending he thinks he deserves, then even trying to defend this turd is a waste of time and brain cells.

You're not deep. Read more books. Watch more movies. Stop settling for this horseshit unless all you really want out of a movie is the Hallmark Special Of The Week on TV.

Nolan is a hacky writer. He sets up two (usually well paced) acts and then the last 30-45 minutes of all his movies take a hard left turn into a dumpsterfire.

Such shit bait desu

No, it's just terrible exposition and terrible writing in general. There are more creative and natural ways to explain things to your audience. Unfortunately Nolan is autistic

considering the huge impact it had on popular culture, yes

are you going to populate your top 50 with hipster black and white movies that only like 10 people actually watch?

it was a very solid, gripping movie made in hollywood without the capeshit sjw cancer

Read the post I replied to. Interstellar is shit for other reasons

Mate sit down and rewatch blade runner or something, you'll feel much better.

>You're not deep
don't challenge my notions bro

>blade runner
IF YOU'RE IMPLYING THAT THAT IS THE PEAK OF THE GENRE THEN FUUUUUUUUUCCCKKKK YOOUUU!

I MIGHT GO WATCH THE FURY
I MIGHT GO WATCH THE RED SPECTACLES
I MIGHT GO WATCH HARDWARE
I MIGHT GO WATCH THX1138
I WILL GO WATCH SOMETHING OTHER THAN THE SAME 3 FUCKING MOVIES Sup Forums JERKS OFF EVERY TIME THE FUCKING GENRE IS BROUGHT UP. IF ALL YOU'VE SEEN IS 2001 AND BLADE RUNNER YOU DON'T FUCKING KNOW SCIENCE-FICTION. READ A FUCKING BOOK YOU APES.

i am a professor of love and time and i can confirm this

You should be challenging them yourself

No fucking shit. And in Interstellar it has nothing to do with science, it is literally Muh Feels in a contradictory way.

Even anne hathaway gives some cornball speech (even though shes a top notch scientist and fucking astronaut) about how she's on a non-sensical mission because she has caught feelings for some guy.

Just because our brains produce chemicals that allow us to "fall in love" and "protect our children" doesn't mean that-- love CAN'T be connected to science, what I'm saying is THIS IS A FUCKING SPACESHIP MOVIE ABOUT SAVING THE WORLD and it shoves its big knuckle-dragging fists up your ass.

And just because you want to give it a shot or "dissect" it further cannot save the movie from being what its always been this whole time:
Fucking stupid and made for stupid people.

You're right. I was out of line.. My bad.

Ah yes, the catch all Sup Forumstard response for when you're too retarded to think of anything else

>uses the word "literally"
pleb detected, opinion discarded.

I like Alien too.

Used it in quotes because I'm not a teenager at the mall who means to say "figuratively".

Good luck dismissing more details in your life.
One day you might have to explain some things about life to your wife's son.

>being this autistic and butt hurt

No all caps m8y? You can watch The Thing if you want.

All right i'll stop. But before I do i must mention I unironically enjoy Lynch's Dune.

Because it wasn't. Also its greatly anti-scientific and religious in its core. Main message: "you just need to believe , even if it contradicts your knowledge, just close the eyes and jump, there will be Heaven on the other side not bottom of pit". This is not sci-fy, this is subversion result of religion, blind faith. Really makes you think that this is now face of sci-fi, blind faith.

>Lynch's Dune
Aesthetically awesome but doesn't really have much going on. The plot was simply too big for a 3 hour movie. Scenes that should have been powerful come are spoiled by the shaky buildup, even in the extended cut. Paul offering his life to Thufir is in my opinion the most powerful scene in the story, and it's presented well in the movie, but the first time I saw it I hadn't read the book and was just confused more than anything. It's still a good movie but as it came out it was a waste of an interesting story.

Did he tell you shit your opinions all over him? jesus christ

If we aren't going to shit our opinions all over each other what the hell else are we going to do on Sup Forums?

shitpost