Is this, dare I say, the most important release of the 2010's and his magnum opus?

Is this, dare I say, the most important release of the 2010's and his magnum opus?

It's a giant fucking mixed bag. Not that important. If it didn't have Kanye's name on it people wouldn't give half a shit about it.

It was decent. That's it. Not even his best work.

I made this same exact thread two days ago but yes.

>If it didn't have XYZ's name on it people wouldn't give half a shit about it
This applies for a multitude of critically acclaimed works.

>This applies for a multitude of critically acclaimed works
Alright, that's fair enough.

But still I feel like he can get away with releasing a LOT of shit. I really don't see why people see it as a 'masterpiece' when it's just...decent.

sweet and sour asian pussy

>I keep it 300, like the Romans
what a genius

shake this bitch like parnkinsons

Sigh. This argument again.

First of all, in the context of the song, it makes perfect sense. Kanye is saying he's 300 - in Latin, 300 is CCC. Standing for Cool Calm Collected. Like the Romans, he doesn't let things get to him and he knows he's a God.

It also carries a second meaning.

"Trapped in a theater like Hitler"... as you may already know, in real life, Hitler was never actually trapped in a theater. He died in a bunker. Kanye is referencing the movie "Inglorious Bastards". Kanye isn't referencing real life, he's referencing the media's version of real life.

Another line goes like "300 like the Romans..." Now, he's referencing another movie loosely based on real life, "300". In real life, the forces of the 300 didn't belong to the Romans, it belonged to Greece. He's deliberately mistaking reality for his own version of it.

Kanye deliberately referenced two historical events, that had famous movies based on them, and referenced the media's version of these real events, as opposed to what actually happened. By doing so, Kanye is making an extended metaphor on how real life can be altered by the media, a concept which correlates to his own life (how the media perceives him as an ****, etc).

By doing so, Kanye is making his own version of REALITY with this song. These themes may be extended within the album. Since he calls himself a God in "I Am God", the album might be about his own shaping of reality. His version of the world, since he is a god. During "Black Skinhead", since he is God, he can alter reality and perceive it the way he wants to.

All the movie references actually have a bigger meaning. He's talking about how the media (ie movies) can alter the perception of things. The King Kong line is a reference to how the media perceives his relationship with Kim. They portray him as the giant ape, trying to kidnap the white woman. In addition:

Pussy had me DEAD

ooooor Kanye doesn't know his history very well and confused Romans with Spartans. Which seems more likely to you?

(cont)
There's always a sense of unease and fantasy - dark fantasy - in his work. This is because it's Kanye basically creates his own reality juxtaposed against the western narrative proposed by the media. It's like a symbol for Hegelian dialectic, the dichotomy. New Slaves presents this a bit more clearly.

how can someone even be this delusional? i thought grimesfags were bad

>kanye stans

Why can't you accept he's a retard

Eh maybe

>Kanye fans type autistic screeds like this

MIGHT CALL TUPAC OVER

Except its not, and its God level.

This is actually pretty interesting, I am going to give the album a listen tomorrow.

the second one i can almost get behind but the first one is 100% just kanye mixing the two up because he's retarded (in a good way)

That would be The Life of Pablo