What does Sup Forums think of Aphex Twin?

What does Sup Forums think of Aphex Twin?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wlr8duyToKo
youtube.com/watch?v=HEz4i6v79Ew
youtube.com/watch?v=92Bhc4geWQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=926fiS2kvt8
youtube.com/watch?v=233okxv8Fp8
repertoire.bmi.com/title.asp?blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&keyID=8997536&ShowNbr=0&ShowSeqNbr=0&querytype=WorkID
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

better than scruffy

I think he's a top guy. Prefer his ambient stuff but tracks like Windowlicker are solid also.

talented and funny guy

why the led zep hate?

I love his works. I consider him the Mozart of electronic music.

youtube.com/watch?v=wlr8duyToKo
The part that starts around 2:30 is so damn beautiful.

How essential is his non-album material and stuff under other aliases? I'm just getting into his music and I know that he's prolific

Pretty much anything released as AFX is great, The Tuss, Polygon Window and Caustic Window are pretty good too. Also, if you can find it, he has a collaborative album with Mike Paradinas under the name Mike and Rich called Expert Knob Twiddlers which is a pretty interesting listen.

His stuff under AFX is great if you love his signature acid techno farts

his acid techno stuff as AFX are brilliant.

youtube.com/watch?v=HEz4i6v79Ew

youtube.com/watch?v=92Bhc4geWQ4

Thanks man, I dug both those. Slightly preferred he 2nd track, but probably just cause it's more similar to what I've already heard

Fingerbib is such an underappreciated track and is years ahead of its time.

Great music

Superb taste in aphex
My personal all time favorite track
youtube.com/watch?v=926fiS2kvt8

His oldest stuff is consistently fantastic. Everything after that has great gems but a lot of it doesn't appeal to me personally.

Like his more downtempo stuff, don't care for it when the music speeds up to about 700 bpm.

I like his music so much that I've bought like two dozen releases with my own money.

Really good. Not one of my favorite artists though, but I love some of his stuff.

anyone else catch his set at day for night festival? was it not insane?

A man to be reckon with.

Yeah that was just one example i listened too recently, there too much masterpieces too mention.

The first two songs get me everytime.

youtube.com/watch?v=233okxv8Fp8

Check out his Analord Series, as well as Hangable Autobulb, the Analog Bubblebath EP's by AFX and Surfing on Sine Waves by Polygon Window.

It's confirmed that he is the Tuss? How could've this passed me by. But we all knew it somehow, nice to have it black on white.

Is there such a thing as "too prolific"?

With some artists, regardless of genre, you get a sense of cohesion. With Mr. Twin I struggle to find any sense of what he's trying to say or do. I love most of what he does, but I often find him quite challenging to listen to. I get fatigued just looking through my library.

Most of RDJ album still sound futuristic 20 years later, and the electronic tracks on drukqs are even better

Yeah someone looked up the BMI listing for royalties, ownership etc: repertoire.bmi.com/title.asp?blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&keyID=8997536&ShowNbr=0&ShowSeqNbr=0&querytype=WorkID

he was good, but Daniel Lopain is better

amazing artist, love a majority of his work, SAW 85-92 is GOAT

His RDJ Album-and-beyond stuff is really good but also kind of overrated
His ambient work deserves all the praise it gets and more
Autechre is better overall but Aphex is still one of the best in his genre

talentless hack

I've gone back and forth on that, but I really don't think you can compare the two anymore. Afx makes really pleasing, detailed tunes full of personality. Autechre since confield are R&D for a technological singularity grey goo AI disguised as hip hop beats

He confirmed it in an interview when Syro was released, saying he had been recording two EPs under the name of The Tuss between albums

Analord / Rushup Edge / Melodies From Mars / Analogue Bubblebath / SAW / Xylem Tube are GOAT

A bunch of robot honkies