Tonight's Sup Forums browsers: Do any of you consider yourselves as a good person?

Tonight's Sup Forums browsers: Do any of you consider yourselves as a good person?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=wtFTLoufKtg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'd say I'm a 4-5/10
I've never broken the law but I've also never helped anyone

You come to Sup Forums and ask that question? Does your mother know you're here?

like probs a 2/10

4/10 a piece of shit really.
not so much bad as a failure

2/10 i try but the past haunts me and people wont let me

this really speaks to me

I don't know maybe 6/10 I have mood swings (not diagnosed bullshit, just matters how I feel about life) where I am an asshole to people and not care at all about others feelings and just want to be left alone. But then I have some days where I'm nice and help people.

I'm a nice person but I'm very selfish

Yup

On top of this, people just don't like my person in general. I'm an funny easy-going person but I just get pushed away by everyone because I'm an honest, smartass, opinionated, asshole.

But I just try to help ppl and make them feel good

I consider myself and 8/10. I don't lie or cheat or steal. I put in hard good work everyday and I am as nice as possible to almost everyone (unless they have done something to me).

nah i'm a piece of shit

There's gotta be something else. Maybe you come across as a conceited know it all who states people'a obvious flaws everyone noticed but was too polite to mention. Not saying you are, but if people are pushing you away it's more than likely ime

generally bitchy, almost abusive and/or a bully, will joke about people's insecurities for fun, 3/10?

No. No I don't.

Does doing bad things make you a bad person or can they exist independently?

I'm an addict who's stolen and lied my way through almost a hundred grand over the past five years on my substance alone, but felt shitty about it. Does that absolve me?

I figure nah

m.youtube.com/watch?v=wtFTLoufKtg

I'm a fuckin' hooligan, but I got credibility, so it balances itself out

I do things for people when I have the opportunity to do so, but I also have a dark side.

No, but it doesn't bother me too much.
Good or bad, my goal is just to get through the day.

>I've never broken the law
John Whitehead of the Rutherford Institute says that every MuriKKKan adult commits an average of three felonies each day. Maybe you're not a MuriKKKan, if so good for you.

Shitty bait, but got me to respond.

That must make you a shitty fish. Por su boca muera la pez.

Could someone establish a concrete definition of good that we can use universally or are we going by our own personal definition?

good and bad are cultural creations, the only important thing is nonviolence.

I'm aight

well, non violence is also up to culture because violence could be accepted and not have the negative repercussions as it may in other cultures. Also what that culture constitutes as violence. Words to some may be violent while to others words do not harm so they are not violent. I get what you are getting at though

Yes, but that's a very open ended question.

Redemption comes from doing something to right your wrongs. You don't have to be a bad person to do bad stuff, but if you feel bad about it, you should make a change.

Lol no. Came to terms with that a long time ago. Its a good thing though, I live much more freely without the pressure to be 'good' or 'nice'

Yeh no, that shit ain't happenin
Your 15 and 16 year old counterparts couldn't keep a conversation up if it were to save their lives. Let alone debate the philosophical boundaries and meanings of right and wrong, bad and good. besides, you know as well as the res that you'll just end up having a conversation with one guy, even if the thread is kept alive past 100 replies

Yes. But I could and would do things to people for my own reasons, reasons that would come off as wrong, and things that would come off as bad, but for purposes that would be deemed right, and for my own good.

and the ugly people losers smell like poop and the ugly people losers is ugly and bother people and smell like poop and nobody says anything cause ugly people losers outnumber everybody and will give bad services if people call ugly people or ugly people losers ugly while try to convicnce other people that dont know that ugly people losers is ugly is not ugly

If we actually manage to create standards for objective good, ethics and morals. This thread would go down in history.
Subjectivity is the human condition.

and that is why the ugly people losers look ugly and smell like poop and is ugly and watches everything we do so this life sucks and not worth spending money on to have fun things to do

No.

You don't do bad things, you make bad decisions.
You made a decision to stop making those decisions, and now you're deciding to re-examine your past decisions to help you make better decisions in the future.

I have done so little in life that I can't even begin to think if i'm a good or bad person.

who the fuck talks to 15 year olds
keep your fantasies to yourself fag

well, maybe dividing up the cultures and drawing in what is similar and what is not to set up the foundation of bare minimum characteristics of "good" and since we are looking at applying this to today, we should probably not dig too far back into each cultures moral evolution. It would make sense to do that but for this threads sake keeping it more concurrent is best so maybe to the past 150 years

We are on Sup Forums stupid fuck. None of us can be considered good.

But then again, that wasn't the question. No, I don't consider myself good, blessed nor evil for all that matters.

I have come to term that I am simply human. I help charities, lend the hand to the fellow that ask for it. But the more I do it the more I feel most of them don't deserve it.

But I have the weird fetishes someof the fucks here have and I have done some illegal things without a single fuck given, like torrenting.

Fair enough actually

you are so bad
like really bad
like bad to the bone

ITT eternal edge

I do good actions, but I thougth all the time to torture everyone in some weird ways... so I don't know

I've been clean for six months but I have no plan to pay any money back (not that I don't plan on it, just that it's not feasible). How much effort has to go into redemption to make it legitimate? If I'm only doing it to absolve myself isn't it inherently a selfish act? Interesting...

Hahahahaa no, not 150 years. Keep it about 100 years.

I'm about 5.05/10
I just don't do all that much.

I don't know if doing that would be accurate though.
Within the last 150 years, people have done a bunch of horrible stuff that we now consider immoral, but at the time it seemed alright to the people doing it.
I think looking at the biological components of our morals and ethics and then expanding on those would be better.
Well it doesn't have to be payback in monetary form. It could also be you taking on volunteer work to help other addicts and ex addicts like yourself.
Also there is something to be said about positive selfishness. If you do something to redeem yourself, both to feel better about yourself and to improve the lives of others, I would consider that positive selfishness.

I just took a picture of my kids ass and sent it to a guy who says he's jacking off to it.

So no.

not even close

Meh. Cry me a river Shekelstein, I ain't paying for those shit.

Stop doing that man, shit like that can escalate.

>If I'm only doing it to absolve myself isn't it inherently selfish act?
Recovery is a self-centered process, and introspection is one of its key components. YOU feel bad about what YOU did, so YOU make amends to that person so YOU can move past the guilt and begin to heal. This only gets underscored when you approach someone to make amends, and they had already completely forgotten the offense to begin with. This process is for you, to help you grow. All of it is an "inherently selfish act."

I genuinely enjoy helping people, but I still find trouble in viewing from the perspective of others. I'll eventually see through my plight, hopefully. Just with a little more experience.

Oh, and this entire thread is just a giant fucking circle jerk.

Damn, I wasn't really up for a circle jerk, but kek demands it.

Watch out for Chris Hansen. No pun intended.

I understand you, but that doesn't mean I agree with what you are doing. Take more care of yourself Sup Forumsro.

im quite selfless but im a complete arsehole about it also i "bully" people

>Check'em
I don't quite grasp why this is circle jerking?

I am a good person, but I am also very competitive and will do anything to win.

Anything along the lines of eye fingering and nutshoting? Or simply anything within the rules, because you would still be righteous.

>heavenly trips
Deus Vult, mother fuckers.

tbh famalama I haven't even looked at a single post in this thread. Might just take that back, seeing the current state of things.

well looking at 150 gets a nicer glimpse of the moral evolution without looking too far back and not voiding out those horrible things which lead to wider spread tolerance or acceptance so It is good to see the rise and fall of revolutions and their outcomes to better come to terms with todays standards and maybe tomorrows foundation

what shit, i shit all the time for free

well, ok i guess

I'm mostly a good person, however, lazy and could probably do more to contribute to society. I'm probably morally a better person then most people, and I'm also far much intelligent.

No

I'm not worried. It's just fun and gets me off.

>>I'm also far much intelligent

your grammar does not agree with that statement

faggot

Under close enough scrutiny everyone is a criminal.

I like the studies that indicate that our morals are in part biological. The fact that we as social animals survived by working together. So we had to evolve behavior that enabled us to be near each other, which then moved on into our philosophy and in part started our religions.
But yeah history is also a good way to determine what behaviors we need to avoid.

>FAR MUCH INTELLIGENT

I'm generally a good person to everyone, but behind everyone's backs I'm almost always out for myself. With the exception of a few family members, I'm just looking to profit of off anything I can get so I can continue to get by without wanting to fucking hang myself. My life is boring and I just want to have a good time, even at the expense of others.

For example, I steal stuff from people who don't need it and arent gonna miss it. It's morally wrong I know, but if it doesnt hurt anyone and I'm to gain from it then I'll do it.

also classical conditioning helps me avoid behaviors and reinforce others

ohhh now thinking of nature as the conditioner is interesting

>I'm also far much intelligent.
No you're fucking not.

I do believe in nice, I do, I do

Yeah I like the idea that we basically found a point between bonobos and chimps in our interactions with each other that enabled us to prosper.
The idea of small tribal groups that through trial and error, natural selection and a use of language to codify these behaviors to each other through written texts and fables.
The even cooler part is that we've progressively been expanding who we consider part of our tribe as time went on. I believe were on the cusp of recognizing that all of our species(humans), are at least tangentially part of the same tribe.

Dang my post is full of flaws, I shouldn't be talking philosophy without having been to bed yet at 6:48 am in the morning.

I believe fundamentally, at least at an early age, most children see each other as part of the same tribe and as they grow older they will select social groups and ideals that they want to align with/ are raised and grow up with. However, all these different "tribes" had to start somewhere, and knowing/seeing them evolve would be very interesting and cool to watch evolve

Observing them without influencing them would be hard though. Children seek out information and the rules of tribes from adults. That whole question asking phase they go through is basically the brain seeking out the non-hardwired behaviors that are pertinent to the tribe they are in.
So I think you'd have to put controlled role models into the different tribes that these kids could join with age. Otherwise it might end up screwing a bunch of kids over.

well if only we could build a super duper satellite with a super duper camera and sent it about 5 million light years away then we could observe the earth forming and watch from afar the evolution of the earth, and for controlled role models are we talking like rc controllers or what

just kidding

>far much intelligent.
I'm not english native and even I found why this statement is false.

Still, if you are like me and know more than two languages then this wasn't all that bad considering you are not native.

That sounds like a hard thing to do though.
I rather like the discworld world notion of creating our own version of the universe in a smaller scale and observe how morals evolved on the planets within it.

Sorta. Never killed, raped or abused another person. I've hurt certain people for reasons that can't really be justified. I've also helped people for nothing in return.

tbh anyone who lives in the West is complicit in harming people every day. The rare earth metals in our phones were mined by some poor fucker who probably works 20 hour days, 7 days a week for a buck. Our clothes were prob made in sweatshops that are only a slight step above child prostitution. The energy we use still largely comes from the shit we dig up and burn which hurts the Earth and its environment.

But unless you physically remove yourself from society, build a hut out of mud, grow your own food, source your own water and never use any energy other than the sun and waves you can't avoid hurting people.

So fuck it. Give me another panda burger, cunt.

are we talking floppy disks or what

or dvds

or like those game cube disks

/thread

spoken like a true pussy.

I'm talking the Discworld, it's a fantasy universe written by the late great Terry Pratchett. It's a series of books that take place on the same world, which is flat, resting on the shoulders of 4 giant elephants who stand on a interstellar space turtle called great AtuĂ­n.
They are a really good read.
The wizards on this disc make their own mini universe with a curiously round planet in it, to study a world without magic.

No.

i know i was just messing around

How come so? As someone that has fought in combat sports and whatnot I agree.

Oh okay, well I was just about to tell you all about how great those books are. Don't have to now i guess.
I'm gonna head to bed now, I wanna try to fall asleep before the sun comes up.