I see these a lot in Mexico...

I see these a lot in Mexico. They're built with concrete blocks which are then covered with a layer of concrete and painted. Some are two storeys high. My question is, how do they build the second floor? Is their a wooden floor and is it really that strong to hold up a concrete floor? Or do they use large slabs of concrete laid across the top?

Other urls found in this thread:

acerosarequipa.com/manualesdigitales/manual-para-propietarios.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_slums#/media/File:IztapalapaHousingDevelopment01.JPG
youtube.com/watch?v=ZST-1c27kTo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

in what kind of a house do you live in?

shit, even mexican slum boxes look stronger and more durable than american cardboard houses.

I live in a wooden house, 3 floors (one underground for cars) in a rural area (10 minute drive to town). Never seen these kinds of homes in my area.

They're cheaper too, usually because there isn't as much skill in stacking a bunch of concrete blocks as there is in carpentry work. I know a lot of these homes are built by the home owners themselves so cheap + durable. Plus as you get more money, you can build more floors and have more floor space. Some Mexican homes look far better than American homes because they're painted in multiple colours and have decorative materials around the windows

>first world
>live in a wooden house
i live in a house made of bricks and has 2 concrete floors so concrete blocks shouldnt have any problems supporting one. only very old and poor people still live in wooden houses here

How many bullet holes does it have ?

Looks comfortable to live in honestly

Euro's don't live in plastic-wood houses, but we sure as fuck don't live in a windowless pastel concrete box.

Wooden homes are spacious and a lot of the modern material is now fireproof. Earthquakes are the only real problem but we don't get them around here. Flooding as well, but I live above sea level.

Don't forget, wooden homes are easy to heat, since stone, cement and concrete stores cold.

>Is their a wooden floor and is it really that strong to hold up a concrete floor, or do they use large slabs f concrete laid across the top?
that depends on which beams they will use. not sure that metal beams would be so expensive as to avoid using them, but if it's wooden beams then the floor better be wood too
it's all engineering. any mistake on the load bearing calculations is fatal, so i'm sure mexican construction workers have it all learned by experience

ah yeah this too
it's better for us to use concrete and stone because we live in hot weather
when you think of russians living in cold concrete commieblocks and see pics of them using mat rugs or bear skins in the walls you realize why they do that: heating

They do something like pic related

First they make a wooden frame, then they put a kind of light block with iron beams between them.

After that, they pour concrete over it

If that comes crashing down, your whole family is dead. Good luck in a war. At least if my house collapses I have a better chance of surviving.

yep
lol i'm digging the mascot on these illustrations

lol war, what about earthquakes? they're far more common depending on which part of Mexico people live in

But flat rooves accumilate cold air which freeze the house. Don't they get super cold?

Yeah, that's actually a problem. So most of the time, the main columns have to be rebuild

That construction guy is really happy and excited.

>If that comes crashing down
that only happens with cardboard houses like yours.

Well, it doesn't get very cold here

>sheet metal roof shack dweller attemping to talk down to a Canadian

The nerve of you latins

Don't know how frequent the earthquakes would be on the east coast but I can see the west coast being a problem. However since most of them are short boxes they're probably really firm. You try pushing over a box or making it collapse without pushing it from above.

>Aceros Arequipa
Wait a second...

He likes his job

yeah i fucking love him

almost no building has impenetrable defense
in the case of their wooden cabins, a wildfire appears and POOF! burnt leaf

well whenever you read "disaster! 100 dead" you know now why
earthquake intensity fucks with the building structure, no matter how solid it appears. it depends on the intensity

>acerosarequipa.com/manualesdigitales/manual-para-propietarios.html

Yeah, based on this I would think that most latinamerican houses are build like this.

>sheet metal roof shack
nope.
even our slums are built with proper materials, unlike your cardboard """houses"""

And they complain about our homes looking the same. Disgusting.

Just because something is dirty and falling apart doesn't make it a slum. More like a ghetto if you ask me.

eh, it's commie projects, you know how they are
most people who live there end up customizing their houses, once given enough money and time

>Flimsy concrete bricks 1/2" thick with holes in them

Get off the internet Jose

That's pretty cool

Yeah and those are actual cardboard houses, only retards take houses like that

what the fuck are you talking about?
that's a slum.

There are equally disgusting and poor places in the US that aren't called "slums". This is more like a developed area that went to shit because all the rich people abandoned it. Kinda like what you'll see in parts of Detroit. Definitely not a slum.

>1/2"
wait, how much is an inch?
can't you stop using retarded measures? even NASA uses metric system, that's why they went to the Moon and Mars

Poor people are poor, they don't get to choose. Instead, it is your upper middle class the ones who purposefully does this.

Nasa didn't switch to metric until 2006

That's a slum though
Villas miseria in Spanish

looks like a diorama of a neighborhood

you're wrong and he's right
those are uncontrolled constructions. there was an empty lot before that slum was created

the fuck?
how did they survive all this time? no wonder Apollo 1 and Apollo 13 exploded

Nope, not a slum. Do South Americans really like to brag about living in shitty areas to the point where they have to downgrade their shitty areas to even shittier areas when talking about them?

>This is more like a developed area that went to shit because all the rich people abandoned it.
no it isn't.
it's clearly a bunch of poorly made dwellings constructed by absolute niggers with no idea about architecture or civil ingeneering at all, look at those fucking metal snail ladders, that's how they get to their homes.
stop being retarded.

> giving (you)'s to a fucking leaf

ah you never learn

Ok rajesh you vast knowledge of slums is noted

Apollo 13 didn't explode. And they only switched over to work with Yuropoors because their poor conversions fucked over a satellite once

And 1/2" is 1.270000cm according to google

>71394071
Stop being stubborn khanada, those are slums

What is your fucking definition of slum?

A slum would be an area that isn't developed at all. Usually with temporary shelters made of sheet metal/tarps, etc. Just look at the immigrant camps in Europe during the immigrant crisis. That's a slum. A semi-developed area would be a ghetto. Learn English.

why white people built such a shit?

>canada

>A slum is a heavily populated urban informal settlement characterized by substandard housing and squalor. While slums differ in size and other characteristics, most lack reliable sanitation services, supply of clean water, reliable electricity, law enforcement and other basic services.

Villa 31 is by definition a slum.
fuck off you retarded nigger.

Like this?

Maybe we don't really differentiate between them because most of the time they appear at the same location

ah ok because those hollow bricks aren't 6.35 milimiters thick, in case you weren't trolling
they were also not supposed to be used that way to make a wall, they're hollow so metal beams and cables can go through them. but yeah, niggas

wait a minute, are you saying that slums and favelas are different and that favelas are "better"?

Villas Miserias are just that, and they arrived there at the beginning of the previous century and they have stayed there since, refusing to be moved, only when they get money and abandon the slum
This is in the province of Buenos Aires, maybe you'll like it more
no $$$

You're either trolling or retarded
gg

A FUCKING LEAF

This is what our government considers to be slums, you don't get to decide.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_slums#/media/File:IztapalapaHousingDevelopment01.JPG

Well I'd rather live in a rundown concrete building than a fucking tarp.

Yes, this is a true slum. Good job.

>white people

indians from neighboring countries built it in the 1930's.
then some poor argentinians went there because they had no choice.
today it's populated by 60% Bolivian, Paraguayan and Peruvian shitskins and 40% of Argentinians.

>parking on the grass

>gringos actually pay money to go on some shitty favela filled with trash and africans

youtube.com/watch?v=ZST-1c27kTo

Men go there for cheap prostitutes. Everyone knows this.

>Salta
>not Bolivia

she's also a fucking idiot.

>cheap prostitutes
>gringos pay money to have sex with literal trash

yeah but these aren't "run down", they're actually, as you see, very poor built new buildings
i looked up the definitions and yeah, Villa 31 constitues a favela ghetto
- ghetto = place where a race or ethnicity is segregated
- project = a neighborhood that had planned construction and it got run down due to time and neglect
- favela = a specific type of slum that keeps growing and "improving" with the use of better construction materials and time
- refugee encampment = what you said, tarps and the pretense that they're all temporary

An earthquake is a form of natural selection so only strong houses survive

over half of the population is foreign, and those who are nationals, are from our northern provinces, so not white.
if you look at pictures from La Paz or El Alto in Bolivia you will notice it looks almost the same, even though those pics are at 4000 meters of altitude.

villas miseria/slums are built on empty terrains that belong to the state generally, terrains that around railways, highways, or ports.

We would not call that a slum because otherwise most Americans and Canadians would have to admit that they take vacations to slum cities during the summer. And no one wants to come home and admit that they were too poor to go somewhere like Paris.

Or that they were actively seeking nasty hooker sex in those places. Everyone knows that Bangkok and Rio are full of nasty trannies

Tourists don't go to the villas, they are easily avoidable

It's just the idiots who decide to enrich themselves by going to a favela in Rio

Give us Salta then. We'd love to have people more like her on PerĂº

There are only 3 reasons why Americans vacation in the Caribbean:

1. Cheap
2. Sex
3. Sun

Most Americans would rather go to Florida but can't afford the expensive hotels.

gringos are fucking idiots

What?

It's more expensive to leave the country unless you are on a cruise

heh, you could always lie
but these are the three characteristics of favelas ("mysery villages" in spanish):
- full of poor people, crime is usual there
- very young: not only new buildings appear everytime, the average age of the populace is young
- zero urban growth control: authorities can't inforce construction codes on them niggers because they chimp out. just ask Bogota. not to mention that when they need water and electricity they just steal it via clandestine connections, and you better not even ask about sewerage

More expensive to leave, cheaper to stay at a resort on the beach. Plus the caribbean isn't that far from Florida so the flight wouldn't be too much more.

1 earthquake and booom! "Hasta la vista baby"

Oh dog a chilean making that post.

You can't fabricate this

What we've been doing lately is building roofs out of large blocks of styrofoam covered in a thin layer of plaster or cement. Not only is it much cheaper, but its also much easier to work with, lasts just as long, is weather resistant, there's pretty much drawbacks to it.

I don't know, they handle earthquakes pretty well.

>there's pretty much drawbacks to it
yeah, don't jump and jump on those or they will break, that's a drawback

finns build entire basements from styrofoam.. the more you know

its called a scandinavan plate/foundation here

Kill it with fire.

later its covered in concrete
it has superior insulation and you can build a really heavy house on it too

ah ok