So my friend's dad picked this up at a trade show...

So my friend's dad picked this up at a trade show. Apparently a company in Chicago is trying to bring back the dymo-style fingerbox. Think it'l manage to catch on here like it did in Spain in back in 2012?

>mfw first time trying a dymo-style
>mfw suddenly wished I hadn't sold my old collection

fingerboxes are fo sho makin a comeback, just sanded and polished my wood grain fingerbox

I don't think so. Dymos were expensive fingerbox models. Newbies aren't going to invest that kind of money from the get-go. Gonna have to bring back the cheaper wooden ones first.

Maybe, but what can you tell us about the dynamo fingerboxes? I have been thinking about picking one up. Can you pass along the name of that company making new ones?

haven't seen a fingerbox thread in years ... think it must have been 2010! hope they are making a comeback, my grandmama's one she inherited has real gem and pearl sides to it

except dymos are labeling machines.

Don't forget to drink your Ovaltine.

No. Fingerbox companies decided to make a retro style so they modeled label makers.

They had some of those too, but I feel like the wooden boxes never really went away, whereas they ceased production of the dymo in 93. Which makes its return more noteable. Your right though, noobs should start with wood, always.

The company is Sage X3. What can I say? It's been forever since I've boxed but the dymo action still holds up. Totally diff experience compared to the analog or digital models.

Wow nice meme! Keep up the stale memes, friend.

Dude boxing ain't a meme. Ur just not woke.

We call people like you "dopes" where I'm from

That kind of attitude is what made them obsolete. Kill yourself.

Oh, Sage X3! I have heard of them before. I have been interested in expanding my collection, maybe I will have to check out their dynamo boxes. Currently only have one dynamo, a really old one my great grandmother gave to me. She used to have a glass display case full of antique fingerboxes, but when she passed away in 2008, our family sold most of them.

Wow. What's a fingerbox. Wow.

What's a finger box??

Inb4 some faggot asks what fingerboxes are

It's a stale meme about a non-existent toy

Fuck man. Hope you went to a good auction house. I read horror stories about predatory collectors buying them for a fraction of their actual worth

It's not a toy, it's a luxury item from Europe

You can't handle the truth.

They're kinda like foot-wraps

Dymo is a mechanical principle, both the labelle rand the box utilize this principle

Wow

I remember being five

The only real fingerboxes were the original wooden ones.

I can tell all of you are newfags because you would even consider a dynamo to qualify as a fingerbox.

People who had classic fingerboxiws (i.e. Real fingerboxes) are those of us around 40 years old.

Anyone considering a mechanical fingerbox to be a fingerbox at all in comparison to the classic is a faggot millennial.

I have to agree. Hopefully some faggot won't start talking about the digital ones.

A friend of mine has a fingerbox from his grandpa... you just can't find that kind of quality anymore - even in the high end ones.

The ones my grandpa had as a kid were mahagony with real (dead elephant) ivory inlaid in them. I grew up pretty well off though. They are worth a fricking fortune. I am just not positive if I can sell them with the ivory.

This. An old pal of mine bought a digital once and compared it to my vintage box that my great uncle passed down to my father before he left for the war. The feel of the old school mechanicals is something that cannot be found in fingerboxes of today

>be fingerbox designer
>decide to make digital fingerboxes
>"Hey, everything's digital now, why not fingerboxes?"
>tfw you singlehandedly killed the market for fingerboxes.

Seriously though, some things don't need to be fucked with. You don't go around seeing digital chairs, or dynamo footpaddles, why try to improve on perfection?