At the end of the day, is there any significant difference between his music and grimes?

at the end of the day, is there any significant difference between his music and grimes?

Other urls found in this thread:

undertheradarmag.com/interviews/2014_artist_survey_owen_pallett/
biggcomputer.bandcamp.com/album/lifestyle-like-magic-johnson
youtube.com/watch?v=zLaIlnzp0Y8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yeah

Yes, Ariel is eclectic and a master at analog production while grimes takes credit for industry men who make bleep bloops for her on the computer

Grimes music is also dumb while his is philosophical

He's a girl. she's a guy, not much really apart from his indie pop and she's indie/synth/dream pop

Grimes isn't hung up on sounding retro

HE WAS A GIRL
SHE WAS A BOY

Kurt Cobain and Grimes are very different. Nice pic though. I've never seen him in a colourful shirt. Where did you find that?

Can I make it anymore obvious??

His is good
He's not an SJW

Grimes is more sophisticated, experimental and melodic.

Not that different...

>For a long time I had this theory: the impossibility of a female Kurt Cobain. What he represents, leaning against the system and yet supported by consumers, there was no woman in the world that could command the masses so utterly. The music industry wouldn't let her. This thing I've been stewing about since I saw Grimes play to 20 people in 2011, and started reading her Tumblr, and then really starting feeling when "Oblivion" came out, is that Claire is the closest thing we have to a female Kurt Cobain, smart enough to understand the system but righteous enough to wall-jump away from it. But also, interestingly, what an inversion her approach is to Kurt's. His pose was anti-establishment, her pose is post-structural. He was rigorous, she is always looking outward, game for genre-experimentation and hilarity. I feel like even if I don't like her music, and I do so far, I will always feel like she's several steps ahead of me, several books ahead of me, and that makes me feel really fucking good. Anyone who gives her grief about anything can kick rocks as far as I'm concerned.
undertheradarmag.com/interviews/2014_artist_survey_owen_pallett/

One crawled straight out of the dark underbelly of the musical underground and earn their way to the top through sheer love of music and songwriting

and the others ariel pink

this was before AA when she sold out

>Grimes music is also dumb while his is philosophical
Huh? She was inspired by Thomas D'Aquino, Hildegard von Bingen, Russian literature, Dune and stuff.
>grimes takes credit for industry men who make bleep bloops for her on the computer
You have to prove that, bro.

you mentioned nothing but hacks bud

>being inspired by good works of art means you will make good works of art

>Russian literature, Dune and stuff
wew lad I didn't know Dune was a Russian novel

Well said. Ariel Pink is also envious that she's so much better than him. He was forced to apologize after he insulted her like a madman.

ironic apologie

no that's what the industry told her to say

notice how despite how socially conscious she is she never decries capitalism

it's because she's corporate

she's a liberal puppet billy, she's insincere

she comes from a privileged white affluent background

meanwhile Ariel's pals with John Maus, a MARXIST PHILOSOPHER

>wew lad I didn't know Dune was a Russian novel
There's a comma after Russian literature, dude.
>being inspired by good works of art means you will make good works of art
Where did I say that?

are you being ironic

didnt grimes mother run for mayor?
nothing but a rich kid pretending to be underground

sophisticated my ass
her music is experimental
it's okay tier pop music
ariel pink is god tier

Ironic or not, still an apology.

Da real MVP.

[ Y O U ]

yeah but grimes never accepted it
so its ironic

Haha, love you to bro

She didn't sell out. She always wanted to make pop music.
That only proves that AP behaved like a prick.

Thoughts?

>But that hasn't stopped Pink from continuing to point out his influence on Grimes. In a scene from a 2012 feature story in Spin, he watches Grimes perform at Make Music festival. (Keep in mind, this is when "Oblivion" and "Genesis" were everywhere.) "She doesn't do the ramanah," Pink says, referring to a vocal style popularized by Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder. "No, she does the Pink-a-nah." Later, he adds, "every time I hear her, I hear a little of myself." Pink also tried to invite Grimes on tour with him in 2012—but she was already fully booked. Funny enough, that seems like an apt metaphor to exactly what's happening today.

but he didn't apologize like i said

do you support an artist that didn't even apologize properly?

also explain why he named grimes as the female version of him on that interview he insulted her.

ariel and grimes both suck IMO.

>He started writing songs at "around age 10"[19] and has since recorded over 500 songs in various shapes and forms on hundreds of cassette tapes, the majority of which have never been released.[21]

>Pink produces and plays almost all of his own music, and, in his early days, was noted for creating drum sounds and effects using his mouth.[25][26] Despite having a low profile in the mid-to-late nineties, his self-recorded music was considered to be influential on the development of the DIY culture in music.

At the end of the day he is at least a very interesting dude

***ATTENTION***
The Oldfag Sage Community has released a NEW and EPIC album. This NEW and EPIC album is the album of the year. To combat the death of Sup Forums, we have released this album to thaw the board out. In order to stop this cancer, please post this in all threads relating to: Kanye West, Kpop, Neutral Milk Hotel, and or ANYTHING that could be associated with THE DEATH OF Sup Forums. Use common sense. With your help, we can make Sup Forums amazing again. : )
Sincerely,
The Oldfag Sage Community
biggcomputer.bandcamp.com/album/lifestyle-like-magic-johnson

what the hell is wrong with you?

Pink's music isn't electronic garbage.

L'estat is greater than Grimes' entire catalogue.

it's rock garbage

actually i think its pronounce garage rock

youtube.com/watch?v=zLaIlnzp0Y8

Yes there is a significant difference, and you're a complete retard for not seeing that

Except it actually has merit.

really? then stop calling grimes' music electronic garbage, plebster.

Why? It is electeonic garbage.

it's not and you're wrong

I can never tell if the people who angrily defend grimes are serious or just making fun of real whiteknights

It's about half and half. The Grimes faggotry on this board has really gotten out of hand over the past couple years.

They're similar and interesting

this
both are in my personal top 10

The difference is that Grimes makes great catchy and weird songs.

it's the same people, they always read as the exact same people. it's viral marketing full stop

>marketing
then why am i not rich yet?

you have to turn sexual favors to sell your art, those the rules

who needs money when you can have fun exploiting the shit out of an open website? because you can't buy that, and you've already bought everything else

idk what ur talkin bout. i just love her

i'm in love with the paint on my wall

what makes fags like you tick? why are you so intent on giving artists big heads when they'll never ever in a million years give you any kind of head?

love is unexplainable and cruel