How badly will "SciFi" mangle the adaption of The Hyperion Cantos?

How badly will "SciFi" mangle the adaption of The Hyperion Cantos?

I'm betting very.

(Plebians who have not read Hyperion are not permitted in this thread)

Other urls found in this thread:

clarkesworldmagazine.com/watts_01_10/
arstechnica.co.uk/the-multiverse/2015/06/syfy-to-adapt-and-film-dan-simmons-hyperion-as-an-event-series/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Hyperion
tell me about it.

Literally What: the books

huh?

zuh?!

>I'm betting very.

Hope they don't.

What is this dumb anime shit?

BOOGA OOGA TOOGA

Interest piqued. I'm looking for good scifi. Tell me about Hyperion.

Those pictures are very unsettling for some reason.

IT'S BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING CP

JESUS CHRIST

I'm not kidding this shit is so fucked up. The kids in these pictures are most likely locked up in some basement somewhere being groomed and sold to pedos.

theyre Little Dolls.

I hope you mean literally

What the fuck is that supposed to mean

these books are not as good as they made up to be, only good thing about it is the sci-fi inquisition

Are those the little dolls that have been surgically altered to become sex slaves?
I remember reading about them a long time ago on Sup Forums

Wtf?

Nevermind everyone, it's some French artist photographer. Do a Google search for little dolls and you'll find it

Before your time kiddo

I'd rather not be on a list

> I've been a loser longer than you

its just a shitty creepypasta

>t. angry newfag

That did a pretty damn good adaption of Dune so I have high hopes for this.

The first one was the only good one anyways

NO! What?? Is this actually happening? I though Bradley Coopers was eyeing it.

Hyperion getting made, but not Blindsight?

Is there no justice left in the world?

Is there official illustrations to the books similar to your pic? If so they cant do that much wrong if they treat is the same way they did with the Expanse.
The only problem is if they try and design their own aliens, which I assume will be shit tier CGI.

Were there actually any aliens in Hyperion? The closest I can remember were the Ousters, but they weren't technically alien and they didn't even show up in the first book.

Nor was the Shrike really alien. The most alien things I can remember from the books would be the locations really. That burning forest, TechnoCore, ice planet in Endymion and so forth.

I've only read the first book, but I hear the rest are shit. Should I continue?

>Hyperion
>Shows Science-fiction elements
What the FUCK
They should really stop adapting mythology, I mean, come on. How do they fuck up this bad?

The book was shit to begin with.

Oh no.
It was so long ago, yet I still feel disturbed.

I stopped halfway through the second Endymion book. Its basically a love story. Aenea or whatever the fuck her name was and Endymion will just end up shagging in zero g a lot. Also some shit about her getting superpowers and being the savior of the galaxy or something.

Hyperion is GOAT though.

Go away and take that Twilight ripoff with you.

The first one was good.

The second one was extremely muddy in terms of plot and felt too convoluted and confusing imo, especially when the AI's became involved. It's only worth watching to see the conclusion of Sol's storyline, which was the best part of the first book.
>tfw see you later alligator

>has actual well explained vampires
>written by a scientist
>comparing it to twilight
Just kys my friend. Sarasti isn't even the main character and he is pretty fucking irrelevant by the end.

>calling people plebs
>starting a thread about genre fiction

haha

90% of Sup Forums atm is GOT threads, which is even worst genre fiction

If the Shrike wasn't an alien/other dimensional being of some sort than I totally missed what was going on.

The first half? Very. The latter half? Less badly.

>>tfw see you later alligator
>tfw going to see the wizard

Friendly reminder

>Eternal GOAT tier

Priest's Tale

>Great tier

Poet's Tale
Scholar's tale

>Good tier

Consul's Tale

>OK Tier

Detective's Tale

>Shit Tier

Soldier's Tale

I think it got explained in Endymion at some point.
If I'm correct it was just a construct based on Kassad's dna or actually him, made by the AI and sent back from the future.

The Shrike was a robot sent back in time from the future Technocore in order to draw the "organic AI" (God) out, by making people suffer. That's all.

its just a robot

Syfy

Doing one of the greatest novels of all time

>The horror....

Thank god I stopped at the second book

they used his battle data, i'm pretty sure it doesn't have anything biological

You can't make a movie out of blindsight, it is a book that requires an audience more intelligent than the everage scifi movie fan.

clarkesworldmagazine.com/watts_01_10/

Science fiction, if written by an actual scientist, is the most sophisticated genre of stories there can possibly be.

See:
Greg Egan
Hannu Rajaniemi
Peter Watts

for examples

>frequents Sup Forums
>badmouths genre fiction
No true e/lit/ist would dare come here.

>(Plebians who have not read Hyperion are not permitted in this thread)

Well guess what? :D

What a fucking waste

woah alpha chad go to reddit then

i read the first book. priest's tale was was geniuenly great and got my hopes up but the rest ranged between mediocre and utter shit. the setting is somewhat interesting i suppose but a movie would need stronger narrative and better structure

It really doesnt matter. What matters is that if there is no canon material about how exactly things look, it will be butchered.

I think there is no way it will be able to do the effects, it'll be like doctor who where every location is just some gravel pit in wales

It'll just be Dave the grip in a rubber Goro suit painted silver

>complaining about genre fiction
>no mention of best genre FLICKtion like the Takeshi Kovacs series
Are you lot even trying?

I believe it will never look the way I imagined it, and that so much of it will be cut and changed that it will barely resemble the books.
I remember hearing a few years ago when it was going to be a movie that the movie would just be both hyperion and fall of hyperion in one flick and so would cut out al the characters stories. But if it's now a tv show I guess they'll keep them in so that's something at least

>plebian

Nevermind Hyperion where's my 10hr long word for word adaptation of The Terror?
Imagine all the comfy threads

WAIT

WHAT

WHAT

WAIT

THERE WILL BE AN ADAPTATION?!?!?!?

ga GAS SAD GF DS

LINK SAUC ENOW

FUASDKCKSADKCAKDS

Been known about for ages, not that it'll be any good and there hasn't been any new info for a while.

arstechnica.co.uk/the-multiverse/2015/06/syfy-to-adapt-and-film-dan-simmons-hyperion-as-an-event-series/

Uncanny valley at its finest

good taste, it is getting a movie or series btw. Hope they do it right

indeed, Priest's story was really fascinating but it was all downhill from there and was a chore to get through

The Expanse was pretty great, so I'm holding out hope for something watchable

It's going to be bad.
Generic dark syfy interiors with muted tones' bad.
The chances of getting a colorfull late 80's SciFi look are basically zero as normies would say it's ridiculous.
That's explained in the second book idiot.

this - maybe 6/10 pasta about slowly creating living real dolls.

Okay, so, I happen to be finishing up my sci fi novel, this seems pretty similar

how do I not fuck up and or make this very easily adapted to screen?