So what's her claim again?

Not a baratheon. That lineage is pretty much dead.

Lannister hasn't had the throne.

Did she just usurp without any question?

Queens, as in wifes of a King, don't go anywhere in the claim line? Honest question.

Why isn't she a Baratheon?

She married the king and became the Queen.

Now that there are no living heirs she ascended the throne. Simple.

There are pretty much no heirs left.

She was the closest relative alive to Robert and had bigger army/undead guardian diplomacy for her.

God damn Cersei looked sexy as fuck in that all black outfit, if only she still had heir long hair.

There's nobody left, like at all. So she inherits

Also she control the army/police and might makes right

Robert Baratheon took the throne because he had a big fuckoff warhammer and a big fuckoff army. Having a valid claim didn't really matter, it was primarily about strength of arms.

In a similar fashion, Cersai's claim is "I'm the fucking queen, if you've got a problem with that take it up with Ser Gregor".

She got it because she killed everyone else nearby who had any power.
It's a shaky hold and she'll most likely be dead by the end of season 7, but for the moment she holds the throne simply because she made everyone else believe she can keep it.

Everything characters do in Game of Thrones have no realistic consequences, their actions have only consequences as in
>characters does a bunch of illogical evil deeds
>one of the "good" characters ends up having revenge
this show is literal fanfic tier

Wouldn't Gendry be the heir?

i'd let her claim my bp

True, like that time when Joffrey killed Ned and the good northerners got revenge the next season.

No because he's somebody nobody knows exists or if he's even alive.

Also he's a bastard.

Being Queen kinda gave her a claim, weak as it may be. That, combined with the control of the largest land army in the Seven Kingdoms and momentum gave her the perfect window of opportunity. Power voids are amazing for people to consolidate positions of power

Interestingly Dany is technically the legitimate heir to the throne

Only if the current king/queen would absolve him of his bastardry and give him the official title of Gendry Baratheon.

There is probably a targ in her family tree to claim legitamacy. While Jaime is no longer in the Kings guard his ability to inherit claims is clouded. She did not claim the throne as a Baratheon she claimed it as a Lannister

She claims it as Cersei, first of her name.

Which means she straight up took the crown for herself. It's really not that complicated. Cersei doesn't give a fuck about anything anymore. She's going full targaryen.

Her father got his shit pushed in and he lost the throne. She has no claim.

No heirs around.
No one with any power around.
Literally the only one in Kings Landing left with any power.

Easy takings. The questioning is gonna happen when everyone else finds out what she done gone and did.

What house is loyal to her?

>the Starks?
>Dorne?
>Tyrell?
>Tully?
>Greyjoy?
>Arryn?

She has no kingdom, just King's Landing

The claim to the throne comes from the father's side. Her children, even the girl have claim to the throne, not her.

The moment her father gets to King's Landing he starts talking about remarrying her while she still can breed to some other influential House's second or third in line.

There is a targ in the family tree to claim legitimacy.

It's fucking Dany. Or Jon if anyone knew about it.

A wife of a dead king is just the Dowager-Queen. No claims to the throne.

W-what about Aegon, son of Rhegar. Jon Connington hasn't been written out has he?

At this point anyone would have been too afraid to oppose her.

No but speaking based on her bloodlines, she's the closest thing to a Baratheon there still is.
Bobby B used his Targaryen descent to support his claim to the throne

She's queen by right of having blown up the fucking Sept and any immediate competition she could've had.

What are the people of Kings landing gonna do, riot in the street while she still has her finger on the doomsday button? Yeah, she's obviously fucked and she probably knows it, but at least she gets to have her moment.

Cersei is the Queen of Nothing. She has no allies left and everyone in the kingdom hates her. When Dany comes over Cersei will be defeated in no time.

So? why are you expecting that anyone is loyal to her besides the people in the throne room at the time of her crowning?

No one has claim to the throne. The royal family is essentially dead, so she took it by force just like Robert did. It's not that hard to understand, user. The people still in King's Landing are scared shitless of her.

She was there.

I don't understand how someone can have watched 6 seasons of this show and still be baffled by an "illegal" claim.

Yes, presumably the Tyrell army left Kings Landing only leaving Lannister troops and corrupt city watch men in Kings Landing. She controls KL and the Iron Throne and proclaimed herself Queen

Ned Stark had a legit piece of paper saying he was to sit on the iron throne. That didn't work out so well for him. She's the only force left in king's landing who controls any military power.

She took it by force but somehow autists don't understand this and keep whining about "muh rules of succession!"

Who was going to stop her?

And yea I'm sure the common people hate her but they're also probably scared shitless right now and have no leadership.

If D&D have people singing her praises next season then this goes on the list of shit they fucked up but right now its fine. She took the throne in a coup, there's nothing unrealistic about that.

She looked like an eighties villain.

Isn't Jon the legitimate heir?

doesn't she technically own the crownlands+the stormlands+the riverlands+the westerlands ?

The lineage is pretty much dead, and among the people with power she is the closest to the throne. Some would say she's an usurper, some would say she's well within her rights as Queen Regent, but does it matter?

bastards are NEVER legitimate

Rhaegar and Lyanna were possibly married at the Isle of Faces.

Jon would have one hell of a hard time proving his Targaryen bloodline even if he knew himself, or actually wanted the throne.

More like 1180's villain. Heh.

She usurped the throne you fuckwads

The only people that could stop her from taking the throne got killed this episode or literally teamed up to stop her

>And yea I'm sure the common people hate her but they're also probably scared shitless right now and have no leadership

This.

These people are not citizens, they do what they are told to do. I bet they dont even understand the rule of succession. She is the queen for years, so.... "These are matters of highborns, leave me alone!"

Of course we can expect some "peasant revolution" scenario, but I seriously doubt it. Or I hope not, it would look to much "modern". Brotherhood without banners-style of resistance and outcast's villages are more probable.

Plus the winter is here and they are left to deal with their problems. This is not a social state or a democracy.

Her claim is "I know all the places where Wildfire is hidden".

She has the Freys. :^)

she has no claim only her children do through their farther,
she has no army to support being an usurp, they left with Jamie,
she has no alias to help place her on the throne,
she has the wrath and disrespect of the masses so she cannot rule through the mob.

This scene was Video Gamer tier "Oh you killed everyone?! Congrats here is your prize!"

>That lineage is pretty much dea

What about Stannis?

Closest living relative to the dead king or even queen for that matter.

Gendry is the one. Hail Gendry.

He's very likely a legitimate heir. People should stop debating theories without researching them at all or even reading the books.

Yup. The people never revolted against the Mad King either even though everyone hated him, and Jaime is ridiculed for killing him because "he was your king!".

This is ass backwards medieval times, people are stupid.

Yes they had some riots under Joffrey and there will probably be some riots under Cersi but don't expect a real organized resistance movement unless another High Sparrow like figure comes along who can lead them.

Didn't Jamie tell something like, he killed the mad king and the people who saw this just asked if they should proclaim him the new one?

Seems like most people there don't care much about who rules them...

Given the clusterfuck and the alternative being two crazy bitches I wouldn't be surprised if plenty of people just accepted Jon's legitimacy for the sake of putting the new King in the North on the throne, rules be damned.

The Reach is going to cut off their food supply to King's Landing now that they have sided with Daenerys along with Dorne.

The Iron Islands and the North have declared independence and the Vale has sided with House Stark, the Riverlands are about to descend into an anarchic shithole yet again with Walder Frey's death because his family is going to tear itself apart trying to replace him.

The only Kingdoms not openly opposed to Cersei's rule are the Westerlands and the Stormlands, both of which are severely depleted for gold and manpower due to all the fighting that has been going on already.

Cersei is basically out of touch with reality and she's gonna be BTFO by Daenerys/Tyrion.

Bronn will also probably defect to Daenerys in order to be on the winning side, get paid and meet up with his old mate Tyrion.

Jaime will probably become the Queenslayer when Cersei goes all "Der Untergang" on King's Landing when it becomes apparent that her reign is ending.

Hopefully Bran and Meera will head for Winterfell to tell Jon about his true parentage. Also kind of hoping that they hook up.

It would be easier for Gendry to gather an army and usurp the throne as a conqueror than it would be for him to be recognized as a son and legitimate heir of Robert Baratheon.

It's a straight up usurpation. There's nobody who can stop her. The Baratheons are functionally extinct and the Tyrells are powerless. The small council is gone. It's an example of might makes right, Robert would be proud.

Yeah, the real Baratheon heir is probably some distant relative from a Stormland house, but they've been virtually absent from the story so who know.

The man or woman with the biggest army is always the one in charge.

Tell that to Renly.

Robert was also a rebel and he was only in charge because the Lannisters in the first place.

I woul let her usurp me if you catch my drift

Not hard to take a throne when there's nobody around to stop you, dragontits will usurp it soon enough.

The army was never really his to begin with.

So in retrospect was Renly's death just a deus ex machina? because that shadow power never was used again and no one has used powerful magic since then

>All these female """""""""leaders""""""""""""

Enough with the fucking feminist shit. They will never be taken serious. They are incompetent. ALL OF THEM.

Peasants usually don't give a shit who the monarch is as long as they get left alone. If you look at even the craziest, most murderous Roman emperors for example, they basically just made life miserable for rich aristocrats within Rome itself, and usually didn't have much effect on commoners around the empire.

A meme is born, gents. You're welcome.

She doesn't even control the approachs to King's Landing, Stannis's forces still control Dragon Stone and the woods outside Kings Landing are (in the books anyway) infested with the remains of the Hill Tribes.

Might makes right and right of conquest. Simple.

She usurped the throne with force.

Technically, since all the uncles on father's side are dead, the succession would go to mother's side uncles, so Jaime should have become the King.

That's like saying all her kids Baratheon and Lannister cousins are all dead. If all Baratheons just so happened to be dead then it moves to a Lannister cousin who is most surely alive. She just usurped up the ass

Women are basically in power in every major house.

So are the males. Except, conveniently, the ones who don't want the throne.

He just have to make a fire and sit down on it nigga.
If it doubt burn it, if he dies is not Targaryen, if he doesn`t die, crown him.

There are many examples of ruling queens that has inerhit the crown from their children.
Queen Margaret of Denmark, Norway and Sweden, who founded the Kalmar union is a great example.

But this is Sup Forums so there's always gonna be some butthurt over shit Sup Forums actually cannot comprehend

Except that's not entirely true. Robert had Targ blood making him a valid claimant to the throne if all the other Targs were killed off.

Jaime gave that up when he became a kingsguard.

Imagine Jaime ending up on the Iron Throne.

because he killed them

She's a usurper and a tyrant who kills anyone in her way. She doesn't need a claim.

All he has to do is stand in some fire

Doesn't work like that. If all Targs were immune to fire Drogo would've had to find a different method of execution for Dany's brother

then how could a Baratheon get on the throne after Targaryen, and not whoever... eg. Lannister. Jaime?

Don't be dense fucktard. We're talking about a fictional universe where the laws of succession have been explicitly stated as going through the male line only.

kek. Stannis should've only wait....

I forgot, who controls the Gold cloaks now?

That's exactly what it was. That was the part where the show jumped the shark.

Then Tyrione

married with Dany

No it's never directly stated that
>Inheritance laws in the Seven Kingdoms are not clear cut. According to George R. R. Martin,
>The short answer is that the laws of inheritance in the Seven Kingdoms are modelled on those in real medieval history... which is to say, they were vague, uncodified, subject to varying interpretations, and often contradictory.

>people discussion rules of succession when the whole point of Gurms stories is that there are none and the feudalism is shit
Yeah and there was never any confusion about that at any point in the story, right? It worked our just fine and never was there a discussion whether a brother comes before a son or anything like that, right?

It doesn't matter, Cersei is only going to be in power for however long it takes for those ship to get there. And considering everyone's teleportation powers, that will be one episode. So good job D&D.

I'd let her claim me if you know what I mean

What's her name?

The Iron Queen?

Bobby took it. Also Baratheons and Bobby have Targ blood.

>Tyrione
He lost his trial and killed his father.

>And considering everyone's teleportation powers, that will be one episode.
This is Dany we're talking about. I wouldn't be surprised if a storm brought her back to Essos first episode and she goes back to making smug "muh dragons" faces.