*deletes laughing and not being normal, california, scream, flesh without blood, belly of the beat, kill v maim...

*deletes laughing and not being normal, california, scream, flesh without blood, belly of the beat, kill v maim, artangles, easily, pin, realiti, world princess part II, venus fly, life in the vivid dream, butterfly*

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/actuallygrimes/laughing-and-not-being-normal
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfshjAsRKumjek3rgVUB7TvzzMURspMie
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Solid 6/10 album

Wasted trips

nice digits, but its still heresy

It's an 8.5/10 album, you cuck.

Is there really a song called "laughing and not being normal" on her album.

Yes' its the first one

*deletes album*

Why she sounds like a chipmunk?

Fucking horrible album, great for schoolgirls who dress different

so why we pretend that this acclaimed album is shit again?

wow

grimes really is a parody of 2000s indie artpop, i thought people were joking when they would say thats a song by her

Because is sounds like a wannabe art project and music videos are just a catalyst for proving it

it describes every Sup Forumscore album of the last decade t b h

You're a sudointellectual, user.

For instance, name a couple. I also don't like sky ferreira. Maybe i'm a misogynist?

>acclaimed
Isn't it only acclaimed by poptimists?

you still have the cover, pleb

>we
some autists pretend that. like

I actually think Halfaxa is a good album. It's like Bel Canto without the warmth.

I wear hip clothes and like to pretend i'm stoned and drunk. I also listen to grimes, because she sings about butterflies

actually listen to that song with the funny name. it's not what you're expecting it to be: soundcloud.com/actuallygrimes/laughing-and-not-being-normal

any kanye, dg, anco, joanna newsom, bjork (basically any album with arca and his friend), also no now, garden of delete, any dean blunt project if they count

what? bel canto are colder than grimes. on their first few albums they had the arctic ambient master geir jenssen (aka biosphere) on their lineup.

>Sup Forumscore is 90% pop
>using the word 'poptimism' unironically on Sup Forums

Its only one that sounds kind of effortless as if written by either a pothead or a schoolgirl

Radiohead and Kink Crimson Neutral Milk Hotel are pop?

It's a very hypocritical thing to post

>Radiohead
obviously yes
>Kink Crimson

yes, except for those improvised jams maybe

>Neutral Milk Hotel
yes

>hypocritical
Is that americans's favourite word? Whats hypocritical, i'm not an artist unlike her

Her lyrics, titles, and personal opinions are shit but she's still a good musician, user

>obviously yes
Incorrect, they are art-rock, alt rock
>yes
Incorrect, they are prog rock
>yes
incorrect they art psychedelic folk

>those rocks aren't just pop with guitars

I can't say I like Grimes but I get this weird thrill from reading all the drama she causes on this board

>Kink Crimson

holy fucking kek, this made me laugh more than it should

I don't think you understand what pop is

why

because most of Sup Forumscore of the last decade sound kind of effortless as if written by either a pothead or a schoolgirl

>I can't say I like Grimes
Shame. Her music is legit great.

I have no idea, it's just entertaining. I find it funny that people here hype her up as some sort of musical prodigy when most of her music is average at best, and then there's the people who flip their shit everytime someone makes a Grimes general or whatever. Maybe I just don't have anything going on in my life right now and this is like comedy to me

>when most of her music is average at best
You're a pleb. Next!

FUCKING SOLID POP ALBUM MY MAN

HIT AFTER HIT

I don't think you understand what pop is either, your point of view is very shallow like you just discovered this board

I'm not gonna dispute your taste one way or the other, but have you given all her songs and albums a chance at least before making a judgment?

Consider this -- that all the Grimesfans here are actually just bots created by her label to create internet hype by just continuously making Grimes threads. That would explain why there's no real discussion of her music beyond "Wow it's just great" and "wow she's so beautiful", as well as when you confront them about it they just give neutral answers and don't really elaborate.

oh shit

I doubt it that he even listened to 3 Grimes songs from start to finish.

Look it up. None of those are pop. Feel free to prove otherwise

Being so aggressive and assumptive is exactly the reason people hate on her to spite Grimesfags. Converting people to Grimesism should be done through peace and love.

The most ridiculous thing I've read the whole year so far.

>no real discussion of her music
Read this thread, tinfoil hat wearer:
e.g.

>Converting people to Grimesism should be done through peace and love.
That never worked on this hateful board...........

all of them are pop, they just use different terms for poptimists in denial and hipsters like you

funny thing, when a rock album goes far away from pop, some people don't even consider it rock, see: TMR (still some catchy tunes though)

Trying to be an alternative musician in the face of success is a lot like trying to be a superhero in the face of adversity. You either die an alternative hero (ala Cobain) or you live long enough to see yourself become a pop(ular) success (ala Radiohead.)

>Read this thread, tinfoil hat wearer:
> →
It's full of scripted bot-like posts. You are proving my point.

That's the thing though; you have to kill them with kindness and brush off the hate.

Look at MLK and Gandhi. They were faced with violence, oppression, and persecution but they met it with peaceful disagreement. They won in the end. That's the only way you can improve Grimes' reputation and fanbase on the Internet, IMO.

It can genuinely work because lots of people initially dismiss Grimes due to her fans and the drama but come to like her music if they're willing to give her a fair chance. They'll never give her a chance when Grimesfans are telling them what to like and insulting them.

>all of them are pop
How so?
>funny thing, when a rock album goes far away from pop, some people don't even consider it rock
>TMR (still some catchy tunes though)
Ah nice b8 7/10 got me to reply a few times
Non sequitur

>Nirvana wasn't pop

>pop means a popular success
this is dumb
also nirvana was very popular even before cobain died

Lmao! You're the same kind as that parantheses autist that saw Jew conspiracies everywhere Some people here are lost causes....

Not him sorry.

>That's the only way you can improve Grimes' reputation and fanbase on the Internet, IMO.
Her reputation is fine on the internet, if we exclude this cesspoll.

www.whatdoestheinternetthink.net/grimes

it's really fun if you actually consider my posts a b8

>How so?
they sound like pop with guitars, just because they use different terms, doesn't mean it's not pop

keep listening to music, little friend

I can only hope

Sup Forums still hosts ripe ground for proselytizing the Words and Work of Claire, user. We just need to reduce infighting and focus on the message.

>they sound like pop
How so? Pop doesn't usually use obscure lyrics or unusual time signatures.

Fucking shit, fucking hell.
I dont care if she is considered ugly, or that she is shilled so hard here, but fuck, i've never wanted to impregnate someone so hard, just seeing a pic of claire gets me going man.
I've never felt something like this for anyone, not even normal attraction in my whole life, except for grimes.
Am i a waifufag now, Sup Forums?

I don't get why Sup Forums hate so much a polite Canadian girl. Canadians! Some of the nicest people in the world that say "sorry" all the time.

Yeah I'm not that guy. Do you have an actual argument now?

Chill, dude. She has tons of great pictures, you could fill 50 threads with them. But let's focus on her music, she's a musician after all. Did you listen to her music or do you plan to?

>pop
user, "pop" is a moving definition term - just like the term "pc". Pop culture is defined by whatever is popular at any given moment. PC culture is defined by whatever is deemed politically correct at any given moment. Pop music is defined by whatever music happens to be popular at any given moment, and right now groups like Nirvana and Radiohead are very much pop - whether they'd like to think it or not.

Your theory about bots posting Grimes is laughable and completely ridiculous. These "bots" are solving captchas too?

>right now groups like Nirvana and Radiohead are very much pop
Not really. Artist like Rihanna, Katie Perry, Lady Gaga or Beyonce are pop.

>Did you listen to her music or do you plan to?
Only AA, I liked it.
But im unsure if i listen to visions or halfaxa now?

>These "bots" are solving captchas too?
Yes it's possible. Google it.

>don't really elaborate
Jesus Christ, I wrote whole novels so far...

the comments by "grimes fans" are pretty weird on here though.

their comments just don't sound like they were made by normal people.
"oh she's so perfect" "oh she's so beautiful"
it sounds like they're intentionally trying really hard to hype her up, or like grimes herself is sitting there posting this shit complimenting herself.
it's just really weird.

See That was only 10 seconds of looking

Visions is like the dark side of AA and Halfaxa is like Visions made by aliens. Between them, Visions is more accessible (and my personal favorite; this album is fantastic and a real grower).

oh she's so perfect

oh she's so beautiful

oh she's so beautiful

bot64668478745//token:grimesistheartistofthedecade

>like grimes herself is sitting there posting this shit complimenting herself
hi user

how nirvana and radiohead are not pop?

>literally what is art pop and prog pop
anwering for you: it's the same things with art rock and prog rock respectively, just with a bit different instrumentation

>can't realise that some of her fans are literally obsessed with her

ok, thanks user.
btw post more grimes

how did she take a picture of herself posting the post of the picture she took of herself posting

magnets, how do they work?

Many of her fans thought that she's just meh when they first started listening to her. Only after a while they became real fans. Am I right?

You know, it is possible that someone found a picture of grimes on a laptop and photoshopped Sup Forums and her pictures in.

>how nirvana and radiohead are not pop?
Because they are alt-rock and art-rock, which is not pop. Especially if you follow the logic of the user I was replying to (having to do with what is currently most popular)
>>literally what is art pop and prog pop
Genres were are not discussing. Nice try though.

Watch this recording youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfshjAsRKumjek3rgVUB7TvzzMURspMie

You will not regret the "wasted time".

>Because they are alt-rock and art-rock
how alt-rock and art-rock aren't just pop with guitars?

>Not really.
Yes really. Nirvana are just grunge pop and Radiohead are just alternative rock pop. Every musical genre has a subset to it that also falls under the moving definition of pop music in general.

>how alt-rock and art-rock aren't just pop with guitars?
Because pop music 1) is generally dance-oriented, 2) caters to a teen demographic and 3) follows music tropes that are currently popular.

The aforementioned artists don't fall into those categories

>"wasted time".
No such thing user, no such thing

See Just adding the word "pop" to the end of something doesn't validity your argument. It's just circular logic

user, your points 1 and two are both redundant to point 3 - which is the only thing that matters. And guess what? Both Nirvana and Radiohead feature musical tropes that are EXTREMELY popular right now. For virtually all intents and purposes they are no less pop today than Beyonce - they're just not as well known.

>so much a
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA