Looking for some advice guys. How hard is it to start streaming or uploading videos successfully?

Looking for some advice guys. How hard is it to start streaming or uploading videos successfully?
I'm pretty good at most games I play and consider myself pretty knowledgeable about games.
I play all different genres and like to try everything at least a few times.
But I also have horrible social skills.
Is that a major factor? I see a lot of really famous youtubers and such that a very animated and vocal but are usually trerrible at video games in general.

TLDR; Tips on how to record games for a living.

You won't be able to do it for a living. That ship has sailed.

>record a video
>post it
>if it's worth 2 fucks people will watch it
>continue doing this for years
It's not that hard nigga, unless you're a boring unoriginal faggot or you have a life and are over 12.

yeah considering the algorithum with youtube now theres no way you can get a channel off the gournd anymore. trust me ive been trying for a couple months now

Or your channel is shit.

First of all don't ask for advice.. second of all never admit that you're horrible at social skills.
What the fuck is wrong with you?

unless youve got huge tits

>its an old trend
>Need to snowball
>Hardest part is 'starting'
>Social Skills are Required
>Boobs help. A lot.
>70% of your 'fanbase' watch for entertainment, not learning, so "Entertain"
EG
>PewDiePie

Gl hf

Not hard but time intense, people want content all the time and at set times, you also need a fairly sweet computer to stream and game at same time

well its really hard to keep a small channel afloat when you lose subs every time you upload

Stop uploading terrible shit that makes people unsubscribe then.

>be entertaining
>upload videos every fucking day
>your audience will be 10 year olds whether you like it or not
>do some bullshit giveaways like every week

le epic trolle
thanks kiddo

I think this is the perfect life for 90% of us here
Gaming and recoding isn't too hard, editing is a mf of effort

Manage your expectations, or, you know, get a real job.

No, I'm being serious.
If everytime you upload people leave, it's because you suck.

It's about quantity over quality. You need to get at least one video out every day. You will also need to dumb yourself the fuck down. Being good at games isn't entertaining. Being bad and screaming about it is fucking hilarious apparently.

Yeah, about the screaming. Scream your fucking head off. The kids love it.

No, there's a new sub glitch on YouTube

well i have a youtube channel and you dont so i'll take my chances

"Internet fame" on average lasts only a few weeks. Months if the entertainment industry wants to milk it a little bit.
A few years if you're in the small percentage that gets real lucky.

Youtube has aprox. one billion users.

1,000,000,000 users.
Pewdiepie = 1.

Many other "popular" youtubers probably get in at around 500 in total. If that.

500 people out of 1,000,000,000.

They probably make 'decent' money, something to sustain themselves with.

The rest, they upload shit and hope to get 50 views.

It'll take you a few years worth of uploading to get stable money, and it will all be gone in less than a year most likely.

It's a risky and failing business OP; I suggest you pick up a book and do something actually worthwhile.

You're too late for it.

I tried it years ago, got some views, but the money wasn't nearly enough to live off of it.

If you just want something extra on the side, here's the advice. People watch for you, not for the game, otherwise some of the games pewdie and shits like him play would get no views. Just be as entertaining as you can.

If you can't be entertaining, you can always do walkthroughs, especially if you're good enough to 100% any level in the game. Another thing is reviews, but unless you're a big deal in the industry, no one will care for your opinion.

All in all, you'll hardly earn enough to pay your bills, but hey, if you play games anyway, might as well earn some money to at least buy new parts now and then.

Nobody cares if you're good at video games, people only watch stuff if
>the person is entertaining
>the person is a girl
If you're not either of those, good luck you useless piece of shit

Exactly

Peeps come to youtube to be entertained
not to be educated by your skeelz

> be dumb as shit
> have a 'smart background' so it looks like ure smart but playing videogames
> like have a degree in some bs
> scream
> show "accidental" tits in some ur videos
> spend a fortune of a new game every week to make new shit content
> hope to god you dont get burried alongside 500,000,000 other """"youtubers"""

I love how this thread is full of whiny cucks who couldn't make decent content so they think it's literally impossible.
"It couldn't just be that I have a shitty personality and no talent! It must be that dang ol' youtube"

Yes and that's the reason your channel failed.

Basically what every youtuber says, if you enjoy making videos, do it. If you don't you're gonna give up before you get any traction.
Also, talent really isn't required to become big on youtube. That is well established by now.

Well basically whatever you're going to do has be A fucking + because you're getting on this train waaaay to late and will be counted among thousands of other people with 10 viewers on average who also got into this too late, this is something you should have done in like 2012-2013 when the video game streaming trend has taken off. If I hadn't listened to my folks saying videos games won't get me anywhere in life, which now turns out to be absolute bullshit, I probably would've did streaming aswell. But now all you can really do is put out content viewers want and just pray for exposure, I guess.

>be me
>make youtube channel
>can not into boobs
>have gf
>gf can read a script that i write for her
>she acts cute and smart about the game
>all the game footage is my gameplay
>mfw she isnt playing at all
>mfw people watch for her tits and thats it
>mfw ill never reveal my channel

What you fags dont know is that half of the "gamer" girls use this same set up.

>>have gf
suuuuuure

Quads have spoken

>always remember your target audience is 10-14 years old
>do things you think literal preteens would like
>try to seem really cool and original to a 10 year old
>copy other people endlessly

I disagree. People are using netflix and youtube as entertainment these days.

As far as being popular. Look at movlogs, did he spam fake views at the start? It looks like izzyb had that happen recently, maybe someone testing and not her doing it.

You can still be popular but none of the bug youtubers did it natrually. Prankvsprank 100% spammed their way and the they had bfvsgf.

Then you have Jon Olsson who's spent like 60k on a camera setup and is flat on subscribers, slowly growing.

In the end, how does a years old, maybe 4 yrs, channel like chris guzman have 600k subs but movlogs is under a year with over 1mm?

Btw, the future is being Internet famous. It isn't too late but I value privacy more.

Dubs of truth got smashed by quads of reality

Ok faggot, listen there are 3 ways to become a famous youtuber the way I see it:
>you had to be one of the very first ones, so you are fucked for this option
>be a hot girl
>be the first one when a new game comes out (this is your only viable option)

The only Youtubers I "watch" are destiny youtubers (because I used to look up glitches, best weapons, how to farm stuff, etc, when a new DLC comes out)
And famous streamers youtubers are 95% of the time not insanely good players, they were just the first ones to provide good info/fun stuff

So my advice for you would be to wait for a new popular game comes out
>eg. any CoD, destiny 2
or whatever game you think could get you started, but you have to make sure you are the first one

Just think of a casual player going into youtube looking for destiny stuff when he is "new" to the game, do you think he will look for insane kills comp from a random guy or a video that shows the best boss to grind?

>What you fags dont know is that half of the "gamer" girls use this same set up.

Thanks genious

You are confusing internet fame (making a dumb video of you breaking your face for example) with gaming youtubers/streamers

A friend of mine always watches streamers/youtubers from destiny, they have been doing it since Destiny came out, so 2 years and they have like 5k twitch followers and plenty of them have over 100k youtube users

just look at the faggot at your picture. you dont have to be good at all.