Who was in the wrong here?

Who was in the wrong here?

Also, if you could erase one of those two bands (RHCP or Mr Bungle) from history, which one would you choose? Why?

RHCP erased, preferably in some kind of drowning or stabbing incident.

Anthony Kiedis called Patton a rip off for rapping in a song, and Disco Volante is a masterpiece so Id erase RHCP

>Who was in the wrong here?
kiedis, easily

you shouldn't get a band removed from several festival dates just because their album comes out the same day as yours. no excuse for that

RHCP

SEEEEEEEEEEX THERES NO SUCH THING

Mr Bungle literally shit into a microphone

They shited into a microphone in one song. RHCP shited in their discography.

Shat... you're right about everything else.

I heard that Mr Bungle like literally SHIT into his microphone one time

wtf i love shit now!

It's difficult to know since we don't know exactly what happened. I doubt they even knew exactly what happened. They both were dicks about it, but Kiedis was worse, he effectively ruined Bungle's career.

Hey guys I heard that Mr Bungle literally like SHIT into a microphone this one time...

Speaking of music fueds, who was in the wrong here?

dont know who the guy is, but corgan is 100% a dick, so im positively sure that corgan was in the wrong.

Anthony Kiedis was in the wrong beyond the shadow of a doubt. His accusations were ludicrous and his petty attitude about it directly cost Mr. Bungle some big time gigs, all because Mike Patton apparently ripped off Anthony Kiedis' dance moves. Then the label delayed the release of California in favor of Californication even though Bungle finished their album way earlier and that was it.

The Halloween show was considered kind of immature by some people but considering what Kiedis had cost Bungle at that point they were beyond justified to mock them on stage.

Billy Corgan was wrong about this one. That was such a massive overreaction to something so inoffensive.

Kiedis was in the wrong. Erase the Red Hot Normie Peppers please

Yo word on the street says Mr Bungle once POOPED on the mic in a song

Which song is this

Word on the street is that there's a bunch of SHIT smothered on the MIC and Patton's FAT ASS is responsible.

Slowly growing deaf

I'd erase both.

I don't care who was in the wrong but the chilli peppers with Fruscainte is timeless music

They're both hack fucks.

>erasing a great band with a perfect discography vs a bloated stadium rock band that hasn't done anything interesting in 25 years

hmmm let me think

>be Mr Bungle
>Slip a poopie on the microphone
>label it as "art"
>contrarian plebs lap up your LITERAL SHIT and suck you off for it with their SHIT STAINED HANDS
NU MALES, NOT EVEN ONCE

Guess who left a little shit stain on the mic?
Hint: it wasn't the guy on the left

Mr Bungle?...that name rings a bell....wasn't he that guy who literally let his ass loose on a mic for the first time in recorded history?

The music they were making was shit normie music, that's why all the normies liked it back then. At least their new album The Getaway is unique and creative, probably why normies don't like it, it's not brainless party rock.

Both. John Frusciante and Flea are allowed to survive though.

Obviously I would erase RHCP, even though I really like them, especially their older stuff. That being said Anthony wasn't entirely wrong to be annoyed with Patton around FNM's The Real Thing era. He really did do almost everything he could to ripoff his sound and style for that album and the videos of that era.

Why Kiedis couldn't drop it all those years later and demanded Mr. Bungle be kicked off that festival I don't really understand. It's not like Patton continued ripping him off and it certainly didn't affect their fucking popularity.

Even though Kiedis had every right to be annoyed initially, Patton proved to be the bigger person as well as the better artist.

Those are all fair points but I still don't see how Patton was ripping him off in any way. Aside from jumping around in a few videos like Anthony did they didn't even sing the same in those days. Everyone knows what Anthony sounds like but in those days Mike was doing that weird nasally thing you hear all over The Real Thing and Mr. Bungle s/t. If someone wants to make a case for the sort of funk rock thing then fine, but Red Hot Chili Peppers never had a monopoly on that anyway and FNM was doing it before Mike was in the band.

Either way though I'm a fan of both bands and you're right that it really didn't matter in the long run cause none of that ever effected the Chili Peppers anyway.

>Those are all fair points but I still don't see how Patton was ripping him off in any way.

What does it for me is Falling to Piece, especially the video. Patton's delivery and the way he acts and dresses just comes off as him doing his best Kiedis impression. Remember RHCP weren't huge back then, I think their cover of Higher Ground had either just gotten them their first real success or was just about to. So it wasn't like Kiedis was this huge well known icon yet.

Also, to be fair, a lot of Kiedis' image and style at this time was influenced by Funk musicians from the 70s and 80s so it's not like he was wholly original. Hell, today he would probably get shit for cultural appropriation.

But I guess my point is that I can see why it would have bothered Kiedis himself. But it's not so blatant that it should have bothered anyone else. Considering where FNM and Bungle went musically in the 90s Kiedis should have let it go... or inspired to make better music.

I know what you mean, you've got a point. Knowing FNM's and MB's (or any Mike Patton band for that matter) histories, aping displays of other bands and their mannerisms was par for the course particularly when doing covers, but it was usually done in tribute and/or having innocent fun. But then again who would have known that at the time.

Mike Patton always reminded me of Axl Rose in the Epic music video. He even sounded like Axl.