How best to change depression thread

How best to change depression thread

BLAH BLAH BLAH KILL YOURSELF

Got it, glad we got that out of the way

How do you deal with your depression user?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=12vh55_1ul8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I personally hit myself with a little of this

youtube.com/watch?v=12vh55_1ul8

fucking kek

I try to leave the house everyday and meet friends, seeing a neurologist soon

I don't manage to change it, but I'm interested in hearing ways other people have.

That's something I try to do but I feel like even more of a piece of shit for not doing more with my day.

le depression meme haha. I too have the depressions lol. Give me attention pls.

Faggots.

I FEEL U MON

>seeing a neurologist
Neurologists don't specialize in psychology, retard

>psychology
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Exercise helps.

I try to keep my mind occupied with noise. Listening to podcasts etc stops me from getting stuck inside my head.

University is going shit for me right and I feel guilty whenever I'm not studying, but meeting people you like is the best way for me to keep my suicidal thoughts at bay. Still I'm hoping the neurologist can give me a good drug cocktail, I feel like I hit a bump where I can't feel better without help.

been dabbling in shrooms for the past year or two. it seems to be working.

Is exercise really that helpful? I was in basic training and it honestly did nothing but stress me out

I'm to the point where I'm hoping a good cocktail will help me as well but I hate the idea of being so dependent on medication

I was depressed. I have goals now.

yes it helps a lot :)

Then you weren't depressed, just aimless

And I mean HIGH goals. Once you decide it, you do not have time for self-pity.

It has certainly helped me. On days when I let my laziness win I feel even more worthless.

Well if we're being honest no one has depression as it's just made up.

so you're really just escaping the way I would with alcohol

this

well if we're being honest you have no idea what you're talking about.

So when I feel so worthless that I can't even stand to leave my bed it's just made up?

excercise is just a distraction, running away from problems only postpones necessary confrontations

its just like alcohol or other superficial 'cures'

depresion is eliminated when you eradicate its source, when you deal with your self-esteem and you heal your inner self-value.

how to do this can be found in the book 'the six pillars of self esteem' by nathaniel branden

it has cured my depression and has made me extremely happy with my life. I think it had to do with my introspective nature and the fact that i wasnt afraid to confront my own bullshit and fix it. so i was primed not to run away from what needs to be dealt with. Try that book, its medicine.

Yeah. Exercise like sex, chocolate, drugs, expand endorfines to our body.

Jr high if rough man no one is denying that but you guys don't have a "disease ".

Ask yourself why you don't want that. There's no shame in getting a hand, and the whole goal of medication is to get you to a point where it's no longer a downwards spiral. Isolating yourself, and telling yourself you're a piece of shit for not solving your own issues is counter productive. Meds may get you in a direction where you are able to help yourself.

That's all fine and dandy I just never feel like life gets better even when I project myself more positively

I eat marzipan and ice cream

I acquire magic cards. Possessions wont abandon me when they find out I don't always have something funny to say... or when someone better comes along.

I've had depression for the last 6 years.

Medication has helped to some extent. Exercise has definitely and ive dropped about 10 kilos since i got into a routine and have eaten healthier. The obvious best option is to essentially "leave reality', so movies, tv shows, games, music and obviously alcohol and drugs. Problem with alcohol and drugs for me is that you become dependent as your reality sucks when you aren't high.

Accepting that you have it and may have it for the rest of your life has helped me the most. Obviously try your hand at therapy and medication as that may assist you.

Depends on who you are, and how you plan on exercising. If it's going to be a chore, you'll hardly get yourself to do it, and you'll feel guilty about it.
I skate, and I guess that's exercise, but nothing else works the same way as skating does. I suspect this is not because of the endorphin rush, but because you *can't* keep anything else in your mind, meaning you'll be lying in a pool of your own blood if you do. The exercise part of it probably helps to get me tired enough to sleep at night, but it's the mental focus and isolation that does it for me.
>tldr; find things you enjoy without it feeling forced, something to keep you focused.

i use drugs because everything is better when you're high, and workout because high self esteem is good against depression/anxiety
also when i'm really at the bottom, i just force myself to think i'm happy, it was stupid and didn't worked at first, but now i brainwashed myself enough that it actually works

Well for starters. Stop being a fucking pussy. 2 , don't ask for advice on fucking Sup Forums. 3, grow a fucking set in the vacant area where your balls used to be. 4, stop being a fucking pussy.
5, stop thinking you are a special snowflake that shouldn't go through anything in life. You stupid faggot, that's what life is, the constant struggle against death.
Grow a set faggot. "Depressed" motherfucker how about " move on, grow the fuck up".
Fucking weakling. Never struggled a day in your life , but the minute something slightly hard comes along you wanna curl into a ball and say "I'm depressed ".
Fucking first world problem having ass.
Kill yourself. An hero that shit . We don't have room for weak little men and shitty little women.

Exercise. I go swimming twice a week for a club and also go running if I get stressed/depressed inbetween those swim sessions. I also have cardio sessions and a morning workout session once a week. Something about it just makes you feel alive.

Thanks Nathaniel

yall idiots keep recomending drugs and exercise and other escape mechanisms that just make people run away from the problem rather than confront it

thats just avoiding inevitable battles, postponing them

very aggressive. blatant small dick.

Well said.

5 second pose!

Learn a language or higher level maths. Something that is highly repititve and mind numbing but productive.

And cocaine and hookers keeps me going

I'd like to applaud you for your incredibly astute observation (OP here)

However I have to fault you for still not telling me how you deal with yours

read here

Just love yourself faggot why is that so hard to understand?

You always have a talent. Listen, write, oratory, quick making friends, PC, other languages, any sport, just runnning, finance, debate, good at arts, music, specific topics like psychology, phlosophy, relations.

Interests like activism, leadership, bulding assets to have a free live in economic terms, etc, etc.

You have to make a collage of your talents and interests and build your particular lifestyle. When you start lviing your own wa knowing yourself, then you get magic high self esteem and depression quits. Try it

Excercise- running, biking, yoga, lifting, something daily. Keeping my mind occupied, hobbies, games, podcasts, friends, career. Learning new things. Pills... For me, wellbutrin and effexor. I also have to watch my alcohol intake. A big night of drinking throws me off for a day or two.

I drink a lot.

Also I meet random guys at bars and let them have their way with my ass. It takes the pain away for a little while.

100mg of Zoloft every mornings

Smoke a lot of weed and fuck as much boipussy as possible. Still have low days but not as many as I used to.

Do shrooms

Start working out. It's a healthy obsession.

Spend more time reading and watching other people's points of view; fiction included. Grab a bad ass Stephen King novel off the shelf or watch some cool documentaries.

typical depressed person

Hey man it helps.

you bought it or it is aviable for free?

That's all well and good, but some of us are chemically imbalanced. I have sought out my base line. I quit drinking, excercise, slept plenty and ate a good diet. I have a great life on paper, but I was miserable no matter how I tried to think about things.

Thinking about my ex