Stop listening to pleb garbage, Sup Forums

Daily reminder that only art music, jazz music, and electronic music are worth listening to. If you're listening to anything outside of those, then you're listening to something that covers aspects of music in a way inferior to the three genres.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_music
youtube.com/watch?v=BRfF7W4El60
youtube.com/watch?v=xwoJ3-_wZOI
youtube.com/watch?v=g9yaYvrp3B4
youtube.com/watch?v=WSv2gLT0jkU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What do you hope to get out of this thread? What type of replies are you hoping for?

What about post-rock or folk music?

I only wanted to enlighten people that they might be listening to objectively inferior music so that they can see the light.

>post-rock
watered down art music ideas, watered down aspects of electronic music showing up as well

>folk music
All aspects of it can be found somewhere within those three genres, and used far better. Like shit, who wants to listen to boring, repetitive Gamelan music when you can jam to Don Cherry's Eternal Rhythm which takes that to the next level through jazz?

>derides people for listening to inferior music
>posts Shostakovich, the second most banal composer after Bruckner

>entry level jazz shit
i almost took your b8

>electronic music
lmao

RIP DJ Aaron

>electronic music

replace that with folk music and you're right

please don't use pictures of Shosty when posting bait like this, use like Boulez or some shit

>only listened to the stuff the stupid commies told Shosty to make, and not his real magical stuff like his String Quartets
Don't be such a pleb.

What can I say my man, you gotta give an easy entry level example so even the most pleb person can get started on the path to enlightenment.

fuckyou, you pretensious, faggot, fucks...ill listen to whatever i want

>String Quartets
still doesn't hold a candle to Russian music 30 years prior

>electronic music
UNTZ UNTZ DROP THE BASS WOOOH

Guitar drone has some very interesting textures not found anywhere else.

And folk has anthropological and cultural implications that are more pure than the commercial or academic genres you've presented.

Agreed OP, why does this board spend so much time listening to shitty pop muzak and not listen to the greatest works of Art Music such as Beethoven's 9th Symphony, Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor, Mozart's Eine Kleine Nacht Musik, Chopin's Nocturne Op. 9 No. 2, and Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries. Do they know how much they're missing out on?

good post

>jazz

Read my post t. deadbeat punk living off welfare

Stop encouraging ignorance and a lack of skills. We need less people like that...less people like you in this world!

>thinks there's anything in music as lyrical as Shosty's string quartets
Like shit you wanna like someone else in the realm of art music sure, but Shosty's got his own thing going when he could get his own thing going despite the oppressive commie regime.

Electronic music is music like that, plus the cutting edge of experiments in music as well. The body as well as the mind.

>Guitar drone has some very interesting textures not found anywhere else.
Pretty easy to replicate through a bit of mathematic modeling.

>And folk has anthropological and cultural implications that are more pure than the commercial or academic genres you've presented.
Irrelevant in today's increasingly interactive world.

this but beethoven's 9th is actually one of the most outstanding pillars of music

I rather listen to a fun pop song than some bloated 14 hour long Wagner piece.

>thinks there's anything in music as lyrical as Shosty's string quartets
literally Borodin

>art music
So pretty much Rock?
Like Beach Boys and Beatles?

>using alternative facts to back up his point and troll
Sad!

>literally Borodin
Maybe so if you only listened to the first part of his second string quartet.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_music

>Pretty easy to replicate through a bit of mathematic modeling.
But then you're still recreating rock music, just electronically. Electronically created mock-instrumentation also tends to sound inorganic. If you have any interesting mock guitar drones you can link to me, I'd be happy to hear them.

>Irrelevant in today's increasingly interactive world.
I disagree. Listening to folk music has enriched my enjoyment of other music. Understanding a field more deeply will inevitably lead to better taste.

Nobody has time for long ass pieces like that.
It's a waste. Pop songs are fun. And gets you moving.

Listen to the rest of the 2nd quartet, it's all really good. Especially the 2nd movement which is probably the most beautiful scherzo movement I've ever heard. Don't underrate the 1st quartet either - it makes a gorgeous Beethoven melody even more gorgeous.

>recreating a guitar automatically equates to recreating rock music
Lmao.

>If you have any interesting mock guitar drones you can link to me, I'd be happy to hear them.
Go look up noise bands in general. The Gerogerigegege and Sword Heaven have parts that sound like noisy as guitars but without guitars.

>Listening to folk music has enriched my enjoyment of other music.
Not for musical reasons that's for sure. It's probably cultural and historical reasons aka not music.

>Understanding a field more deeply will inevitably lead to better taste.
And conclusions show the same ideas used better by art/jazz/electronic musicians.

>not making time for amazing music that's longer in length
Some music fan you are. Oh well. There's various length stuff in all three genres.

I just want to dance and have good times. Really.

ITT: Insecure rockists/poseurs mad when somebody shows them that their preferred form of music is obsolete.

>implying electronic music's dance variations aren't somehow the best for dancing

Lmao. Rock literally changed music to the better.
Besides classical and art.
Rock pretty much changed Jazz and Electronic music.

Shitty b8/10

>insecure rockist S E E T H I N G

Schnittke > Shostakovich

At least Schnittke had a personality and could write the music he wanted without fear that the NKVD would take him during the night.

Shosty is a nervous wreck, and it shows in his music.

does anyone else notice a link between listening to music with no vocals and autism/stupidity?

have you ever met a jazz or classical fan that wasnt a complete aspie? or an electronic music fan with a 3 digit iq?

Take out electronic and turn whatever the fuck 'art music' is to classical music and you're right.

Not every electronic music is EDM.

I find its usually the opposite.

Also classical started as purely vocal, and has included vocals for the last 500 years.

Here's some classical from 1562 that is nothing but vocals:

youtube.com/watch?v=BRfF7W4El60

Art music is classical you numpty

>electronic music
Like Stockhausen, Nono, Boulez? Best electronic music is just modern classical music. So it's better to say classical, world music and jazz are only worth listening to.

>"world music"

Liek Bob Marley and Rolf Harris xD

op you sound like an absolute buffoon haha! check out my band dorje and i guarentee you will change your perceptionies (lee laughs at robs spanish impersonation) of rock music

>electronic music
it's for plebs

not world music, idiot. Besides, you can make this "argument" for any genre
>jazz music
Like Kenny G xd

>conclusions
You mock us because we can see through your falsehoods, we have everything and you got nothing, kid.

What?

No one should ever say "world music", ever

cringe

Absolute Degenerate

Made me chuckle.

Some experimental rock music is good though
youtube.com/watch?v=xwoJ3-_wZOI
youtube.com/watch?v=g9yaYvrp3B4
youtube.com/watch?v=WSv2gLT0jkU

No

actually music's only purpose is to be played during sex and as classical and jazz fags never get laid it's worthless

>anime poster calling others autistic/stupid
Kek

I mean, I was gonna, but it turns out I prefer the 'objectively inferior' music.

And also I know it'll piss you off and annoying pedantic elitists warms my spirits.

How fucking clueless Sup Forums is about electronic music gives me a laugh

>"electronic"

Oh the ironing

and where do avant-prog/canterbury take their inspiration from?

Is there any worse than fucking guitarfag in this fucking world?

Jazz, classical - obviously. But theses bands are good too even when inferior to their inspirations.

HAHAHAHA AS IF SHOSTAKOVICH ISN'T PLEB BY ANY INCH MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Thanks you posted literally the most aesthetic and vapid genres ever created by man

Read Kant faggot

most world ""music"" is repetive garabage a child could produce

why do fucks could pairing it with classical stop it for fuck sakes stop it

what in kant's writings disproves op
genuinely curious here

>electronic """music"""

Sad that people think this is bait when OP is right

Kant specifically writes that chamber music is not art, as it only acts to evoke aesthetic through the attempt of creating complexity. It holds no actual morality or purpose outside of like what one would choose to furnish their living room. It's for style, not substance.

you should have posted this as it's separate thread, would have gotten more (You)'s probably

i thought it was spelled Berenstain?!

>watered down art music ideas
It speaks to how ignorant you are that you think this. 98% of the time, the only thing that's borrowed from art music is instrumentation and the length of compositions. Everything else like the harmony, melodic development, rhythmic ideas, form, etc. are done under different idiomatic pretences and bare little resemblance to art music.