Need help with Tor

Need help with Tor

I just tried downloading Tor, when I try to use it I get an error saying "windows is searching for firefox.exe. To locate the file for yourself, click browse". How do I fix this?

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/article/us-usa-cyber-congress-idUSKBN13P2ER
youtube.com/watch?v=6ThQkrXHdh4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it needs firefox to run

download fire fox

This is a common bug on certain hardware setups. It needs to create a new System32 directory, but can't overwrite your current one. Just go to c:/windows, delete the folder titled "System32" then run Tor. Should fix everything

I have firefox.

k thx will try that

I'm kidding damn. I'm not stupid

Get ready for the Feds to come busting through your door. That's all they need to legally go threw your computer now

>I just tried downloading Tor

>can't figure it out

>i'm not stupid

I'm getting this message when I try to reinstall

>retry to try again

New legislation, effective December 1st, allows the FBI to get a judge to issue a warrant based on nothing more than the fact that you are using TOR, or a VPN:

reuters.com/article/us-usa-cyber-congress-idUSKBN13P2ER

I don't care how "PhD sophisticated" anyone might be as a Tor user, thinking they know all the crafty ways to protect themselves.

IT NO LONGER MATTERS.

All the FBI has to show the judge is that you're using TOR (which you cannot, and never could, hide). It doesn't matter whether or not you're doing anything illegal with TOR. Just using it is enough for the FBI to be able to obtain a warrant.

Think real hard before you dive in the deep web, guys. Seriously. (And BTW, the legislation allows the FBI obtain warrants irrespective of the computer's location. EVEN IS IT'S OUTSIDE OF THE USA.)

This is interesting. I'm no lawyer, so I have some questions/

So, I use Tor and they obtain a warrant and search my computer. Let's assume I did something illegal on Tor, would they be able to find it? They couldn't incarcerate me without proof of illicit activity, so could they find evidence?

Good thing, I am not living in the freedoms of america
>Need VPN to access company network
>Need VPN to access uni network
>VPN tunneling to access my nas

Wow, if your citation is really true, 40% of muricans would be object to a warrant

there is a reason the true hackers are not in prison, there is always a way to stay hidden on the internet.

if you think tor has been compromised, you are doing it wrong.

welcome to the world kid.

It is basically a showcase law. It will not catch the big fish, but the skiddies and stupid pedos. My country tried the same by baning linux distros

Also not a lawyer, but had to research for reasons.
If you use Tor and do something illegal, yes they MAY find something on your computer relating to it. No tech either, but it does leave teaces and which may be readable. If you download stuff, obviously it'll be on the hard drive.

Police can hold you for 24 hours without charge. After that you have to be charged or released. Potential evidence (such as your hard drive) they can hold onto or make copies of so long as they can say its part of a case

So then is there a way to erase the traces at all?

Also still no clue how to make Tor work. Someone help please

>Also still no clue how to make Tor work. Someone help please

I think, in light of the new legislation, that if you are that much of a TOR novice, that you are just the sort of person the FBI would be easily able to catch.

I'd seriously consider bailing on your TOR adventure, before it starts.

>possession of legal software = guilty by association in America

How does it feel to be living in a country with no real freedoms?

download virtualbox and a linux iso
google tor installation on linux it's really simple

>linux is much safer to use and your computer can't get damage from shit in the virtual machine

Without an IT background, basically no. The traces on your local pc are not the main problem. The problem are stored data on the nodes and tor exploits.

You can make their life hard by encrypting all your folders and not having pirated software on your devices. So they can't drag you to court for pirating shit, while further forensic search can be done.

It's not a pleasant feeling, for sure. Can't believe that damn thing passed. Even more amazing is that the FBI can supposedly get warrants, even if you are outside the USA. THAT is truly insane.

Probably will at this point. Which is disappointing.

>compares apples to bowling balls

>generalizes an entire country

youtube.com/watch?v=6ThQkrXHdh4

i can't help...

>generalizes an entire country

Federal law applies to the entire country, user.

>I was wrong and admit it.

any regs etchings for sale online? love me some etchings.