Do these people want the spanish empire to come back?

do these people want the spanish empire to come back?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_crisis_of_2007–2008
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes

yes
fuck the france

Even Brazil.

Hell no.

Of course

hahaha naw man what the heck

No.
Why

Some people here are nostalgic for the British Empire.

I wondered if it was the same south of the border

I must be the only one in the country who would want to be part of Spain again

I wouldn't mind, also joining Portugal and friends.

Not an Empire, but an Iberoamerican Union. The EU became too cuckified.

Isn't Canada part of GB like Australia and NZ?

Cuck

why would we want that? Spain nowadays is as bad as any Latin American country, they would move here instead

You are literally still part of the british """empire""", fucking leaf.

I didn't know Southern Brazil was a part of Spain and then Argentina

It's either a proxy or an American on vacation. lol

>Some people here are nostalgic for the British Empire.
which one?
they were kinda shit until after napolean

sorry but no

you're a grown man now, don't return to mom's house.

yes, and now it's called ur*guay

No you fag, I meant an Empire where we're directly controlled by Britain and we shared the same military

>Spain nowadays is as bad as any Latin American country
not ttrue

It was never part of Argentina [as in República Argentina], the proper name is "Viceroyalty of Río de La Plata". And Banda Oriental was never actually conquered by the Iberians, they only held claims to the region but neither came to properly control the region until the Empire of Brazil unified it and annexed Banda Oriental.

Thank you i was looking for that image

Why do want that.
You are one of the successful ones. Your small clay is richer than the entire Poland.

what would be the point of it? there is nothing to win from that.

Delet this pls, Germany is still paying for the reunification of the DDR and they were richer and annexed a smaller territory that was even better than some of those messes.

This would kill Spain.

What happened here?

2008 happened, how young are you?

LMAO

2008 economic crash. Also, Europe found out what a fucking mess the greek economy was.

oh shit, didnt check the date.
Will spain ever forgive me?

That's Per Capita Juan...

yeah, per civilian.

I will always forgive my mexibros

CHI

I wont

Polands economy is 10 times bigger in total

LE

[Insert commie comments]

GOT'EM

Panama is 90% shithole. It has a few nice areas but most of it is undeveloped and most people are poor. That said if you have money it can be a fucking fantastic country.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_crisis_of_2007–2008

That are some movements in Brazil that aim to restore monarchy not only in Brazil but also in Portugal and perhaps not through the illegitimate Empire of Brazil but to restore the original 'United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil and Algarves', as by Portuguese tradition an 'Empire' should never exist within its domain, it's a complex story. That obviously wouldn't be possible considering the current catastrophic state of Brazil, but maybe in 200 years [assuming Brazil doesn't cease to exist as a nation] it may or may not happen. I would unironically wish for this to happen so long the provinces are given full autonomy and there's no centralized taxation, so we can operate independently as province-nations but still under a monarchy, much like the relationship between the British Isles and its overseas dominions but at a provincial scale.

10 times larger population an 10 times larger economy. Hmmm, really made me think.

This is not PPP though

19% of the population are poor. That been said, there is a big social inequality problem and no, we are not developed. But Panamá is not 90% shithole, wtf.

you're not the only.

we're still just a little butthurt over the panama papers scandal so maybe I exaggerated a bit

If all Spanish-spepaking people united in one country we'd be 430 million people

And 600 millions counting non native speakers.

>Your small clay is richer than the entire Poland.
This was the comment I was answering to, now tell me, what has Per Capita to do with this?

less than india, china or indonesia

no, not indonesia
i'm very sorry for this mistake i will spend the rest of the year as a neet in penance

>And 600 millions counting non native speakers.
kek. we cucked a whole continent

The GDP by itself is not indicative of how rich a country is. I just tells you how big the economy is. GDP per capita is a better way to measure wealth. I will admit, though, that GDP (PPP) per Capita would be preferable to Nominal.

I am spanish diaspora born abroad and no, fuck sudakas.

sound good if you can kill corruption i would join

I want to conquer Spain and steall all of their toros

>Panama

Re-annexation, you say?

Well, since our country was kind of founded on a rebellion against the British Empire....no, not really. Americans love the UK (I think it has an approval rating of like 98% here), we've got a statue of Churchill in the Oval Office for christ's sake, but we don't w ant to re-joining Britain.

Yeah, nominal is best for comparing countries, PPP is best for comparing standards of living.

Because your countries suck

why spain? do you mean italy?

I-it was a joke.
T-the "re-annexation" thing.

I'm getting so sick of this joke.

now imagine posting as a canadian and getting "leaf xD" as every reply

Too late. You've put the idea in our heads. We're going to conquer your country and make Mariano Rivera your first state governor.

I have no idea why you would. Spain isn't that much better than Argentina.

>Mariano Rivera your first state governor.
Could be worst.

>american education
You thought Spaniards were Italian ?

yes

or maybe a different empire?

No, italians were kinda spanish. Columbus went to Argentina, and since he was Italian hired by Spain, everything there became spanish instead of Italian. But Argentina is a special case. They are basically Italians and almost speak Italian. They even use andare instead of ir, imagine that. For example e ora sono finalmente pronta per andare in Argentina. So they are italians.

>Columbus
>Went to Argentina

American """""""""education""""""""

>The Teafag Empire.

wt actual f man.

inb4 are just acting retarded for the lulz

That's how discovered America, duh.
Spaniards will argue with that. But it is true that Argentina has nothing to do with them. They don't even have bullrings. No tacos. No beans. Mostly spaghetti and asados. Because Italians.

I never act retarded. I am dead serious. I could be wrong in some details but who cares. Why complicate things

are you real

people like you are whats wrong with this planet

>I could be wrong in some details but who cares

We would constitute a super power of mediocrity.

YAY!

>Columbus went to Argentina

Are you really this stupid, or is it just great bait?

You guys should become a US state. One of our old national anthems is even called "Hail, Columbia!".

try wrong in everything

test

yes, the proxy is working

noup

We want Spanish gf/bf

what the fuck
Sup Forums said poles were white though

CHI

dude

Sup Acre, want to be Peruvian again?

I thought all monarchists in Brazil had only the Empire in mind when it comes to monarchy, that's good to hear
The fact that before indepedence Brazil became a United Kingdom with Portugal is usually forgotten
But like you said, that's not posible in the current state, maybe in a distant future

The main reason for independence was because the Portuguese wanted to downgrade Brazil back to a colony.
And the only reason we got upgraded was because the royal family and the imperial court couldn't possibly rule from a colony, so we needed to become a kingdom.

Never

>”These people had no letters nor script, neither knew to write nor read. They communicated with images and paintings and all their history and books were recorded in figures and images, with which they knew about their ancestors and had memory of what they did and what they left recorded for more than a thousand years before the Spanish arrived to this land.”

>”Most of these books and recordings were burnt as other idolatries”, but many of them are still hidden. ”After we came to this land to preach our fate we gathered many young men in our homes and taught them to write, read and sing. As they did well we ensured to teach them grammar and a school in Santiago de Tlatelolco was built for this purpose. This school received the most able young men from all the neighboring towns. ”

>”The Spanish and clergymen who knew about this laughed and mocked, being sure that no one could teach grammar to people so unskillful, but working with them for two or three years they came to understand every art and subject of grammar and speak Latin, both written and spoken and even to write heroic verses. ”

>”As the secular and ecclesiastic clergymen saw this they became frightened of such thing being possible: I was the one who worked with them for the first four years and taught them about Latin and its knowledge. ”
>”As they saw that this project would continue and that they were improving, and they had ability for more, the clerics started to disapprove the school and object about the risks of idolatry this implied. ”
- Florentine Codex by Friar Bernardino de Sahagun, Tenth Book, Inform of the author

The College of Tlatelolco closed 5 years after Sahagun's death.

>saving that as a .gif
Why?

good post

hmmm

Not really. We have more potential on our own than Spain nowadays

That but that's impossible. I just want to recover the independence of Yucatan.

yes, now do not go to spain, it's a shithole.