Tfw come from blue collar family

>tfw come from blue collar family
>tfw gfs family is white collar family

I can't believe the difference between families just because of what they do for a living, her family is full of uptight arrogant people with a no fun allowed attitude and my family is cool and laid back and fun to hang out with

Anyone else noticed how white collar people are boring and uptight? They think having more than 5 beers a night at a get together is calls for rehab and my family thinks 5 beers isn't even getting started

No one cares. Fuck off.

White collar people are beta as fuck bro they've never actually worked a day in there lives. I'd feel guilty getting paid big bucks to not even do any actual work

Fuck you faggot, what do you think you're the voice of the people? You're probably the worst to be around.

I think op story is cool and yes op I agree. But it's also because they're like that that they have more money. But also fuck them

I take that back about you not being easy to be around. That was just mean. But you were being rude so shoo.

The money isn't what I mean, my blue collar family makes just as much or more than them but the difference is we do actual work like welding and building houses instead of sitting behind a desk

My dad builds houses and makes a lot more than her accountant dad

Yeah, you're right. Doctors haven't worked a day in their life. Scientists haven't worked a day in their life. 911 operators haven't worked a day in their life.

They all pale in comparison to the elite construction labourer in terms of useful output that benefits society.

Exactly what I mean, nobody gives a fuck what white collar workers do but if nobody had a roof over there head or a working car than the world would be fucked

Nigger, I've seen doctors, lawyers, small business owners, web developers etc work themselves to the point of total physical exhaustion.

I've also seen worker on sites who would literally have to have a firecracker shoved up their pussies before they got off their ass and did any actual work.

Stop generalising entire professions and industries because "muh physical labor beats mental labor huh huh huh"

I dated a girl who's family was white collar and wealthy and I couldn't fucking stand them man all they talk about is how much money they have and what school they went to etc meanwhile my parents are drinking vodka and doing lines of coke enjoying life

The world would also be fucked if no one sat behind a desk and came up with the maths and physics that allows society to build dams, bridges, oil refineries, skyscrapers etc etc.

Mental labour has contributed just as much (if not more so) to the construction of society than people slinging bricks around.

Don't get me wrong, there's a dire need for manual labourers. But there's also a dire need for white collar professions - case in point, the digital infrastructure needed to maintain the security of your bank accounts, internet, ecommerce etc etc; all done by white collar workers.

LOL my doctor is on vacation more than he works for fuck sakes and yeah I'm sure those guys go home with aching back and arms because of their hard office work LO. They obviously don't work hard if they're overweight and have arms the size of a teenagers

Blue collar guys are alpha whiskey drinking no bullshit taken kinda guys and white collar guys are wine sipping I'll call my lawyer if you touch me cucks

Lol no wonder you get so touchy about who works hardest, because it's quite obvious your brain is slacking off.

Physical exhaustion is no more of an indicator of a 'hard days work' than mental exhaustion. Do you really think the output of a years worth of shovelling shit on the sidewalk is the equivalent of a years worth of output by a scientist who is working on a cure for multiple sclerosis? Or a year's worth of output by the doctor who operates on children's brains? Or the year's worth of output of the human rights lawyer who defends the defenceless?

Manual labour is needed and honourable. But saying it's more valuable, or more worthwhile, then every white collar job is pure idiocy, borne of jealousy and insecurity.

Kek

That wasn't me who posted that I'm the OP and I never said anything about who's work was more valuable I said white collar people are uptight and boring to be around

No shit lol office workers are low testosterone fags who can't even lift a bag of cement and couldn't fist fight if their life depended on it

Oh, sorry, I thought you were just being a generalising asshole who is forming an opinion on hundreds of millions of people based on the interactions you have with your in-laws.

My mistake.

Yeah, I'm jelly. I wish when I was in college I could have majored in fist-fighting, cement lifting studies.

Those guys make millions.

Nope white collar people are just assholes and boring for the most part and think they make more money than people who build houses until my dad showed the arrogant price that he makes 40k more per year than his white collar ass and only works 8 months out of the year because of winter

this thread is stupid. i've done both construction and worked in an office building. there are uptight assholes in both and chill bros in both. fuck off with your class warfare shit

Must suck to have baby forearms and sit in a boring office all day brah lol stay feminist bro

without idiocy born from jealousy and insecurity the plebs would have no need to carve a masculine identity from sport and i love watching em smash each other up.
UFC bro, great way to relax after a day at the office.

>Roof over their head
>Working car

You do realize that these two things are only possible because someone sat behind a desk and designed / engineered them right?

You need both physical and mental labor to progress in society.

The majority of white collar workers are a no fun allowed type of people for some reason, it's weird how working non physical jobs make people miserable

It really is true that exercise makes you happier

I'm a finance student and I've interned in the field and met loads of chill white collar workers

plus my mom is white collar and drinks like a fucking welder

Must suck to get to 50 and be so physically wrecked that you are basically unemployable and have to live on social security until you wither away and die at 65.

Stay dumb, brah

I'm a little late to this shit fest but I have to say that an accountant can work his dick off and be just as exhausted as a guy in the steel mill. Mental and physical payloads can be demanding on a person regardless of position. Being this back to OP's post, I feel that the way families act is based on background not the type of job they work, some jobs may not apply such as a public figure but all in all I think it just comes down to family lines.

>I hope this makes sense cause i'm pretty fucked up right now

Lol my dad works at a factory for minimum wage and my girls dad runs a software company and they get along just fine...... only difference is that her dad is a raging cocaine and alcohol addict and my dad is into working out

stereotypical butthurt detected

wait?whats the difference? is it like desk work compared to Manuel labor?

Must suck to get to 50 and be so fat you need a mobility scooter from working a sitting on your ass job all day while the construction guy has ripped arms and abs from working a real job

Also if you want to talk about how white collar people just sit around doing nothing investment bankers work 10-12 hour days and get pretty fucking exausted

>manuel

lol some of the fittest people I've met work on wall street you're just mad

the key to understanding the behavior of anybody with money or the pretension to it is recognizing how much gets shoved under the rug in the name of propriety and decency. it may be dull and uptight to your trailer trash sensibilities, but that is because you have no manners. it's not the behaviors that differ, only the presentation.

How's that Butthurt? Blue collar workers make more than white collar workers here in canada and they get paid to workout

Same here man I work in the mines and have to carry a 70lb drill around with me all day chipping away at rock, my gfs dad could hardly lift it out of the back of my truck lol and I have to hold it at shoulder level for 10 minutes at a time

Basically what most people here are saying is that its not all black and white. It could vary from state to state or region and so on but I still doubt theres going to be an entire community of elitists with a different social structure based on what they make, because everyone is different.

yah i made way more money working construction than i did at the office, money has nothing to do with it bro
but could you create a finance report or debug a database? 'apples and oranges: the thread'

Weird, the fittest guys I know are brick layers. Fuckers lift bricks and cement all day long I lasted 1 day as a bricklayer and quit because it was too physically hard

Manuel is a very in-depth laborer. Do not underestimate him.

blue/whitefag here. this. now stfu and post spiderman bitches

You don't need to debug a database to live, people need houses to live in

>White Collar cannot let their guard down lest they get Marxed
>Blue Collar needs to enjoy life or else they'd go Marxy

Shitty punctuation in that meme.

Keep in mind that those guys on wall street have enough money for fitness trainers and high end gyms. I can respect bricklaying though, tedious fucking job.

It has to do with blue collar workers being in the sun all day which increases testosterone and boosts mood and being physically active boosts mood as well. I'd lose my shit if I was stuck indoors 8 hours a day not getting any exercise

It's the truth, I got a job with Microsoft and I'm thinking fuck man we're all rich as hell let's party

And they all acted like they partied and talked real big but when we got together they wouldn't do shots or relax at all and all they wanted to talk about was work

I still hang out with my airplane mechanic friends because at least they'll have a good time on Friday night. I never hang out with my Microsoft friends, ever. They all suck.

Pretty much this
Your options in life are prepare for the future of your kin, or have a blast. Its generally white collar crime if you're able to do both

They just use roids, blue collar workers dont need roids to be jacked and in shape, they get paid to workout

I know it's the truth man, white collar workers dont even know how to have a good time meanwhile all the blue collar guys party hard as fuck and known how to have fun

you do need to debug databases.
do you even know how a database work and what it does?
They use them on EVERYTHING.

What type of work do you do at MS?

Depends. In Texas all white collar families drink like alcoholics

project manager

They may have money but they are losers. All the wealthy guys I know were the losers in high school and now that they're wealthy it's made no difference because girls like guys who are in a big social circle

Thats a pretty large assumption. Why would they need steroids? They aren't bodybuilding, they're buying and selling stocks. I feel like most of them would be smart enough to avoid body/emotion altering drugs given their positions.

Not that I reeally care spidey but why are you in this thread?

White collar workers aren't smart they're just lazy

I'm not the guy either, but having been on both sides I'll say it for him. Yes physical labor is more exhausting. Fuck your faggy desk job, stop acting like you have ot rough. I'm finally at a point where I don't work my dick into the ground everyday, and I love it. Sure corporate jobs are stressful, but its different

Nice man, I'm sure its stressful as fuck. You plan on moving up in the company or maybe other career options later down the line?

This

There is no comparison between office work and labor work when it comes to being exhausted, white collar guys don't even know what being exhausted is

finance people use adderall and blow not roids

when was the last time you priced a credit default swap in your not-lazy totally super hardest job ever

It is, I am thinking about bailing on all of it and moving somewhere cheap where there are real people and less BMWs

Never because I actually work for my money....... I lift steel and drywall all day brah, gotta carry that shit up 10 flights of stairs sometimes and let's just say there is no comparison to a credit default whatever the fuck compared to lifting 250lb of steel up stairs

I have to yet again disagree with you on that. Do you basis on that statement my friend? I'm not white collar but like others in this thread, I know people who are. Masters degrees and PhD's with enough money to fill a swimming pool yet very humble and willing to risk everything to help a loved one or friend.

Guys, I'm a 40 year-old surgeon and I don't find myself to be uptight. I smoke and drink to my heart's content.

OOGA BOOGA ME BIG DUMB MAN WHO USE HANDS AND NEVER USE BRAIN

All the white collar people I know are so cheap and greedy it's disgusting, they make like 4k a week and won't even offer to buy you a beer when you go out together meanwhile I make 400a week and buy them drinks because I'm a nice person

My gfs brothers are wealthy and so cheap it's ridiculous

I feel yah man. Me personally, I just want a steady job that pays well, no 6 figures but the average 30-50k. Never really cared for being loaded other than when I'm in a tight situation and I need cash asap. I just want a job I can say I love because if you're going to work for most of your life, why not be happy doing it.

aaaand the captcha starts
>select all pictures with bananas
>passes the torch

OP here and yeah I would love a job that would pay me around 600 a week and I'd be happy, I currently make around 400 a week and my gf and I are comfortable but having that extra 200 a week would be amazing

Like I said earlier, its not all black and white. Do what I do and be blunt about it and tell them. You don't have to be a dick but bring it up as a conversation like we are right now. I bet you anything its because they weren't planning on drinking as much as you thought. Some people drink, some people not so much.

I'm a guy with testosterone I do physical work

more like a guy too dumb to do anything else

I have testosterone too but I'm not a faggot with brain damage.

Nah man they buy drinks and get hammered but wont offer to buy you a drink or pay for the cab home or anything even after I buy them drinks etc, if I was the one making 4k a week I'd be buying the guy who makes 400 a week all the drinks he wants and I'd make sure he didn't spend a dime at the bar when we go out

They're just inconsiderate as fuck bro and don't realize our ridiculous income gaps yet theyll accept drinks from me and make me pay for the way home

More like you're too lazy to actually work for your money. Do you not feel guilty getting paid to sit around doing fuck all and not even break a sweat?

Maybe don't buy them fucking drinks then?

It's the polite thing to do but white collar people are just stuck up and arrogant and never do any favors for anyone because they're selfish, they'd take the shirt off a homeless persons back if they offered

I've noticed wealthy people are like that man. My sister's boyfriend is loaded but is so cheap that he makes her pay for their dinner if they go out to eat even though he makes 5x as much as her

Iktf bro I'm considerate of people's income, my friends make a lot less than me so I usually buy all the drinks and food whenever we go out because it's only fair since I make 1200 a week and they make around 650 week. Whoever makes more money should pay for nights out so your friends can still pay rent etc

I break much more of a sweat than you when i lose 200% on an options play bud. keep lifting ur fuckin steel.

No you dont I lift shit in 40 degree weather all summer bud

yeah because that's all the value you make, labor jobs might make you sweaty but they aren't the ones actually managing society on more than a basic 'I built your house' or 'i picked your cotton' level