Anyone ever go to concerts alone? How is it?

Anyone ever go to concerts alone? How is it?
Swans are coming here in a while, but I have noone to go with. I guess when the band actually start playing its fine, but awkwardly standing around for 30 minutes until the concert starts sucks I guess?

You know, you could use concerts as opportunities to meet people.

>but awkwardly standing around for 30 minutes until the concert starts sucks I guess?

order a drink (or two) and strike up conversation with people around you. isn't that why everyone's wearing those band shirts in the first place?

I went to a Brian Wilson concert on my own but I don't think that's quite the same since we were sitting down.

I've only been to a show alone once when I was very young. I got there way too early and saw one of the bands' vans pull up. I walked over and asked them if they needed help unloading.

They said yes, so I helped them carry some stuff in. When we were done, I just stood around and waited for the show to start. The standing around wasn't so bad.

I guess what I'm saying is do something weird or embarrassing with one of the bands and then standing around will be a breeze, as you've already used up all your awkwardness.

>awkwardly standing around for 30 minutes until the concert starts sucks I guess?
Now that everyone has smart phones not really. Otherwise there's the merch table, bar, etc. You're at a place where it's assumed everyone is there for the same reason. I mean the last time I simply asked if someone was there for the headliner Sebadoh they looked at me like I was a fucking idiot. You can literally start a conversation with anyone there.

this is Sweden though. We dont really talk to each other

Wut, every single one of you should be collectively lamenting that Beardfish broke up last year. Insinuating anything to the contrary is just disgusting.

never even heard of them...

They were your flagship national band

I've been to Swans alone twice, you'll be fine

cool. Do I need earplugs, or will Michael yell at me then?

>you'll be fine

That's cruel.

whereabouts are they playing? i've got one coming up in may with nobody to go with

it's not that bad, c'mon

>meme magick is not that bad

user...

Went to Belle and Sebastian alone two years ago. Ended up talking to an Australian woman that was in town with her husband for some science conference at MIT

i pretty much only go to concerts alone and i really can't talk to or meet new people thanks to the social anxiety.

I love mosh pits though

Going to ATDI in June alone. Haven't been to a show since seeing Swans last year (alone also).

I went to Deafheaven alone.I don't listen to any heavy music so I enter wearing a baby blue tee without realizing everyone else would be in black. My friend was supposed to come with me but bailed, so I had an extra ticket. I approached a group of people a few years older than me (I was 19) and asked if they knew anyone who needed an extra ticket. This manlet started cracking up in my face. I'd never seen someone laugh so hard. He just kept repeating "ANYONE WHO NEEDS AN EXTRA TICKET?! WHAT?! WHAT THE FUCK MAN?! ANYONE WHO NEEDS AN EXTRA TICKET?" I was pretty confused so I looked around at his friends but none of them were laughing. One said something like "what about Jake" but another said he was too far out from the city to make it in time. Meanwhile the manlet was still laughing. I really didn't know what to do and stood there for another fifteen seconds. Eventually the one who asked about Jake said "I don't think we have a use for it thanks man" When I was walking away he was still laughing and yelled "AN EXTRA TICKET??" a few more times

Tu irgi?

I went to Deafheaven alone and some guy tried to mosh dance with me. I just looked at him like wtf are you doing we're not anywhere near the pit.

Just fucking enjoy yourself, I've seen Swans before and it's full of annoying weirdos who came alone.
Even if you're wearing a fedora and haven't showered in 42 weeks, maybe even bring your dakimakura with you, I promise, no one will notice.
Until the concert starts, find a place to sit down, drink a beer at the bar, check your phone or something. Maybe you can go to the front row and drool over the instruments and amps, as a gearfag that's what I usually do
Have fun my man

Well yeah YOU HAVE an extra ticket and want to know if anyone needs A ticket.

I mean wtf man bwhahahahaha!!!!

WTF MAN AN EXTRA TICKET????

ANYONE WHO NEEDS AN EXTRA TICKET WTF???

Also this same story could've been told in about 3 lines instead of 30

I mean wtf man

No it couldn't have. Shut up

i went to animal collective alone. it was fine and a great experience, although i did feel a bit awkward

Went to a noise show alone a couple days ago, it was fine. Saw My Bloody Valentine alone and it was awesome.

>tfw still loveless ;_;

Went to a Kraftwerk concert by myself was pretty lit just go there and have a good time maybe try to meet new people but if you can't it's OK because you will still be a happy boy listening to Swans live it's allright you will sing together and all your problems will go away if only for a second of complete happiness which will show you how good life can be we are all a family HEY YEAH

OK

Oh yeah so glad I know about the situation with Jake

>AN EXTRA TICKET

WTF MAN

Moby Dick could be told in one paragraph, but then it wouldnt be the masterpiece that it is.

Call me EXTRA TICKET.

Just take a refugee with you

NOBODY RAPES YOU LIKE A REFUGEE AT A CONCERT IN SWEDEN

It's fine and actually better, because you don't have to worry about whether the other person is having as good a time as you are, or yell really loud just to be heard in between sets. The only bad thing about it is seeing all the guys with their girlfriends; it's depressing.

DUDE EXTRA TICKET LMAO