Has there been another album where the rapper was carried this hard by their producer?

Has there been another album where the rapper was carried this hard by their producer?

majority of top 40 pop albums

TLOP obviously. Cringe-core lyrics for the most part saved by 10/10 beats

rocky's flow is godlike you know nothing

Maybe for the single but I think a lot of production really drops off on the albums after the singles.

I mean... He aint bad but you know that mixtape wouldn't have gone anywhere if it weren't for Clams

meant for

Agreed. This has been pretty much become the norm for rap. Lazy and trite lyrics
>but muh production

young thug discography

no

Kinda true but at least the vocals and lyrics are pretty gud

Shit on it all you want, but Mike Love is the greatest, hardest rapper alive.

this

Really, any rapper who doesn't know his way around Reason or Garage Band at least in a rudimentary sense isn't worth anyone's time.

At.Long.Last.A$AP has the laziest production and mixing, it's fucking unbelievable how shitty of things pass off for quality.

Nah, A$AP isn't the most technical guy, nor an amazing lyricist, but his lazy swinging flow is perfect for the production style he's often after.

I am only partly sure on this. Music like this needs more of a "hype man" style frontman than a full on rapper, but I guess that's not too tough to pull off?

You can put Kanye's entire discography in this topic since he doesn't have much of a unique or interesting style nor talent when it comes to rapping.

but he produced all the tracks

Being an effective hype man is waaay more difficult than spitting bars.

Nah, 21 made that album special. Put any other rappers on those beats and they wouldn't have been able to pull it off as well as him. What a fucking iconic EP