Wait a minute...what the fuck is Varys doing on the ship ? isn't he supposed to be in Dorne ?

Wait a minute...what the fuck is Varys doing on the ship ? isn't he supposed to be in Dorne ?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Thought the same. Maybe an assassin? No idea. He shouldnt be there. He said e wouldnt be seeing Tyrion in a while

He is just really fast. He doesn't have to carry around the weight of his hair and balls.

If this really was the middle ages you would've been literally murdered just for saying that

He sailed with the dornish fleet to her you autist

Hope this helps

Between Varys' and Arya's dislocation, the arrival of the white raven, the readiness of Dany's fleet and the omission of all the deliberation that lead to Cersei's crowning, you have to be a meme to think it all happened simultaneously. The only thing that's worse is only noting one of those things and thinking you're revealing a plot hole

>we stopped tracking character movement because it was too hard

That helps quite a bit actually

No, they stopped with a linear passage of time. During the last episode there are a couple multiple week gaps between scenes, whereas others are happening at presumably the same time.

That doesn't mean that scenes happen out of order

Clearly not

The main problem is that there is little to no indication of the actual passage of time for the individual characters/plots.

How long was Arya training? How long between that and her killing Frey? Nobody has a clue really.

As an aside, I feel like I would enjoy things a lot more if they only focused on maybe two plots per episode. I've no problem not seeing Jon or whoever for three episodes if we got a solid 20-25 minutes of his story. Wouldn't change the overall total time dedicated to each character, just shift it around. Would be difficult to do though probably.

>How long was Arya training? How long between that and her killing Frey? Nobody has a clue really.

Why is that a problem? Would it calm you if they stopped the plot to insert exposition every couple scenes to tell you exactly how much time passed? Would you prefer superimposed text during each scene alerting you to the passage of time? You could just, you know, go with it, and realize that it doesnt matter much.

it's a shop

And even if he had got back to Mereen, he's never met Dany, why does she let him on her boat.

To me it does matter for some scenes this one for example as well as the amount of time Arya and Bran have been training. When one story seems to happen in days and the others happens over a week it can be jarring to jump from one to the other. It wouldn't be nearly as bad if the timelines were more consistent.

How do you intend they do this? Show 50 montages of Arya training to fill up the time relative to the time she actually spent training?

I hope Martin drastically changes the trajectory of his story out of spite and has Dany die unceremoniously of the pale mare or some shit

>Dumb the show down
>Still not dumb enough for autists
>'B-but muh timeline i'm so confused'

>end up with the same character being in different places scene after scene because it was there at different times
Yeah, genius solution.

No but some sort of indication of the passage of time would be nice. I don't mind a date being listed at the start of a scene and that is really the only way I know how to do it with out completely stopping the scene. From the scenes themselves right off I assume Arya was blind for a week before she started training and then she trained for about a week before she was given back her eyesight. Even if there was something about the show being in town for a month before moving on or something would have been good.

Oz did this and it worked just fine.

I doubt there is anything to it. It's just bad writing. If we were supposed to notice him and react, there would have been a camera focus or a change in the music or something.

FFS

>Varys
>Littlefinger
>Sansa
>Jaime
>Jon
>Stannis
>Euron
>Dickless wonder and butch kraken sister

Everyone has magic teleportation in this stupid show.

Meanhwile fatty Sam barely arrived in the Maester's keep.

No, that's Arya with a mask.

>tfw I made the original post yesterday considering it to be average bait at best
>I start browsing today and discover it's
become a 'meme'

You people realize the bow of the ship is raised into a pillar and this bitch is just standing there staring at the back of a wooden beam.

So its confirmed its just a time skip and so on?

Because if it was one purpose I can come with the theory he knows something about magics not to teleport but to create clones.

>t. House of the Undying

Do you guys remember?

there were dornish ships in the fleet which suggests that daenerys and co. had caught up to him at dorne, and the shot we see in the show is them traveling by sea to king's landing from dorne.

It's fucking awful pacing when they put two scenes that have weeks of difference between them less than 20 minutes together (Varys in Dorne and Varys in the ship).
Especially when half the chapter has been fairly lineal with all the KL-Riverrun-Winterfell shit that we can assume happens at the same time.
Then it goes crazy with the skips between Jaime arriving at KL, Olenna being at Dorne and Varys going back to join Daenerys.
If we're faithful to the time they usually take to travel between places in the books, in the last 20 minutes of this chapter a longer period of time has passed than in the rest of the season.

So... The meeting with the powerful independent women was in the future? Or did Varys ship there, have the meeting, and then ship back just to ship back again with carleesi? So that means the whole church blowing up took place far back enough for Varys to do all of that?

Did he stoled Urine's ship?

It's not a bad explanation, but that leaves no time for ship-based drama.

There is no way we're not getting at least one episode with the Dothraki reacting to being on the ocean, not after it's been built up in the manner it has.

more likely Varys brought Dornish and Tyrell ships to Mereen to bring more of her army to Westeros

Tyrion previously said they barely had enough ships to move the army with just the Greyjoys

This scene was on the ending right? I think of it as previews. Season ending and all.

I wouldn't have thought so. All the scenes, bar flashbacks, have been in chronological order (as far as we know). It would be weird to have a scene just randomly out of sequence.

"original"

stop being a faggot

Fuck

Off

Reddit

The Varys you see is not all of the Varii. They are many, they are everywhere. No balls, no walls, sees alls -- The Varii.

It's just a STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT D&D SEASON scene, they'll give a shitty explaination later, don't worry

There's two Varys's you fucking showing plebs. Maybe read a book sometime.

But I did niqqa

And if you said that shit to me in the medieval age... well you know what'd happen

Even if he did all that traveling off screen, why?
He had already arrived so why go back and get onto ships that were heading to the same place. Isn't he supposed to be there before them laying the groundwork?
Teleporting is the least of the problems with this.

did they use a stand-in for Missandei in that scene? she looks nothing like her

>another indication of how poorly paced GoT is

>she looks nothing like her

Is it autism?

The show is flawed, but man... at this point you freaks are nitpicking your own issues.

>That doesn't mean that scenes happen out of order
Really? I'm pretty sure Tyrell scene at Dorne can only be a few months in the future, whereas the next scene show Jaime returning to King's Landing a few days max after the incident (the high speton is still burning).

Yep this. Also suddenly Arya magically is now in freys castle and kills off a major fucking character in less than 1 minute with his sons killed off screen. You think rr Martin would ever write that shit? Not to mention Jamie straight up telling frey that he thinks he's useless. Yes that's smart writing, telling someone like frey your real feelings in his castle. It's not like his villainous reputation was built upon back stabbing allies and taking tactical hostages. This sean had bad writing but great spectacle. However unrealistic pacing will fuck any show up