Prior service Air Force here. Thinking of joining the USMC...

Prior service Air Force here. Thinking of joining the USMC. Just like to have some info what it will be like as prior service and what is the USMC like in boot. Be great to here from someone who has done something similar. Thanks.

>stupidly enlists in MURICA's killing forces
>wants to do it twice
Please just stop existing.

Marine C130 Crewmaster here with 6+ years TIS.

What MOS are you looking at?

Post cock in uniform or gtfo

>have office job in navy
>make 48k a year
>ts clearance for easy mode civ job when i get out
>free college

Honestly, not sure. I can do anything from intel to admin.

how old are you? Boot is gonna suck regardless of what ya do, although theyve been pussifying it recently

26 still in great shape..

First and foremost, enlist to be a Marine. The Corps quality of life will be shitty compared to AF (I was under AF command for 9 months). The one thing that gets you through the bs, is your Marines.

But intra-Marine Corps quality of life greatly depends on MOS

My MOS: Never go out to the field, but gone a lot on trips for training and flight hours. No unit PT, no uniform inspections, formations, average USMC bs. But fly my ass off and a lot of progression within MOS required.

Why not put it on?

>having no real skills but able to waltz into a good job because of MURIKA's fucking retarded hardon for trained murderers

Also bootcamps sucks, a lot. But part of what makes us so prideful. Most important thing in bootcamp is physical fitness and ability to drill. Run at least a 250 PFT and it will be "easy". Mental bs is what is shitty. No phones, TV, etc. Only contact is through letters. DIs make life hell.

Your rank won't transfer over, but your ribbons will. You'll be that one dude with a stack while everyone else just received their NDR at graduation and inspection.

>Jelly detected.

>jelly of a bunch of hired murderers
More like filled with hatred at the stupidity of MURICA.

>Mistaking hatred for jelly.
Restoftheworld can't even recognize feelings properly. :)

Are the DI's informed is a recruit is prior service

Let me guess, Army didn't take you because you're a fat fuck with autism?

My job is to operate/maintain aircraft. Can get out and get a good job in aviation maint. Also thousands of other MOSs that offer real world training and experiences in a craft. Do some research before you assume everyone in the military kicks in doors. Simple minded fuck.

Go fuck already guys

Don't know, but they probably have a heads up. They most likely don't give a shit overall. You're just as worthless as everyone else.

Yes, but they wont treat you any better. Most likely worse. And probably make you sing Grand Blue Yonder for their amusement.

Let me guess, they took you because you're a soulless fuck with no other life skills other than blindly obey people yelling at them at 4am?

Yeah I was told it was worse. Damn how do they know lol

Sir. that is an unlawful order, sir!

Well fuck you too then

There you go, showing your ignorance again. Outside of bootcamp and MOS school, I can count the times I've been yelled at on one hand. But it's okay, continue to play CoD and wonder why you suck at life.

>outside of bootcamp
That's what I was fucking talking about, you fucking shitheaded drone.

Jesus, military people are a special kind of stupid.

Lmao what would a DI honestly do if someone said that.

They'll know, they have profiles on every recruit. And your previous service will show up.

Reminder that theUSAF is shit.

The earlier fuck you applies

We had three recruits die this year, all within the past eight months. One was thrown out a window, one committed sudoku, and one died in his sleep.

Yeah.......

New to thread, i won't settle for a used fuck you

Haha, wouldn't fly. You could try though, and just get IT'd until your asshole is sucking buttermilk.

I hope you win the lottery and die the next day from a car crash on the way to get your money

Everyone is so preoccupied with their own shit in MC Boot that they don't give a rat's ass. If they do care, it is positive - like they respect you because you are not as stressed. You should breeze through it if you are physically fit. Just focus on run times more than anything, and make sure you are use to standing (condition feet). Make sure you can swim obviously, don't wait to learn there. Oh, and don't go in the Summer time like I did. Fuck sucks. Summer is 9 months long there though...

If you are a cold weather person that hates the heat, try for Feb or March to start training. You'll be winding down just as shit is getting hot. If you are normal, I'd go in late March or Early April. If you are batshit insane, go in late May.

Yeah, i couldnt go back in. I honestly couldnt do the childish bullshit again. I should have went marines back when I was 18. Getting to old now. Still young but to old for that pretty shit.

Sorry that your pops raised a pussy that's never done anything other than go keyboard commando.

No worries though, you'll find yourself that manager position and Chucky Cheese's soon.

What, you can't handle getting yelled at? Too many decibals for your poor wittle ears? Poor baby boy - just stay in the basement where your mommy can't ever say no hurtful thing to you - ooooh you poor poor wee bairn

At the end of the day OP, do it to be a Marine. If you want to be a Marine and never forget why you wanted to, you'll find yourself a rewarding career and one hell of an experience. It will be a culture shock, much different world than the AF. Night and day as far as the culture is concerned.

Thanks for responses guys. Will look more into this.

>in denial
Being screamed at at 4am to do things isn't normal, militaryfuck. If you had a real life that wasn't based around training to be a fucking hired killer, you'd know this.

But given that you don't have the intelligence to have a real life outside of being coddled by the military for being a special kind of stupid, I suppose that's impossible.

I was going to say "Don't fucking do it" Stay in the Air Force. But then I read this. You should follow your dream.

But you do have to really, really want to be a Marine, and also realize that your idealized notion of it--and what they inculcate into you in recruit training--will not match what it actually is.

Do this: Join the Marine Corps Reserves. You can see for yourself if you like it or not, and only do the weekends and summers. You can also do long term special assignments which pay per diem and you can quit at any time from them. If you do like it, you can augment to full time. And I'm kinda sure that since you've already done 4 years of active duty, you can even drop to the IRR if you don't like it at all.