My face when I discovered GRIMES two days ago

Pretty much instantly to the top of my playlist.

youtube.com/watch?v=Tv9YoYCKNoE

youtube.com/watch?v=N9XKLqGqwLA

youtube.com/watch?v=EOwhuTlxE54

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1FH-q0I1fJY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hi! you really seem to be butthurt that GRIMES got a new fan. This is the first thread I've opened on her, I've only been responding to others until now. Get fucked.

never too late, user!
also check out her best song:
youtube.com/watch?v=1FH-q0I1fJY

>playlist

Thanks user. What's the deal with this shit ?
Are these record industry people and producers who are shook that Grimes is breaking through their mountain of bullshit? Kinda seems that way.

it's a report link! the report tab comes with a link :^)

Grimes is amazing. She will be a legend. Screencap this.

I know what it is user, ty anyway. I was asking more about what would motivate someone to post something like that? What would someone have to gain by shutting down a Grimes thread? I think the Beatles are dated and useless, but I don't need to raid that thread to tell them that, because if they're enjoying it all the power to them. I can choose to stay the fuck out of it.
Why are people so scared of Grimes? It comes across as really pathetic.

To be a Grimes fan is pretty hard on Sup Forums. You have to battle all those pesky haters. Or simply ignore them.

What about Oblivion? That's usually considered her best song. But the secret best Grimes song is either Be a Body or Symphonia IX.

>Why are people so scared of Grimes?
Envy and the fact she's considered a SJW.

huh, i guess i was too harsh. sounds pretty nice, good pop music, really hate her music videos, especially genesis.

Same here, buddy. Been listening to Visions throughout last month, and continued with art angels 5 days ago. Can't get enough

Never mind, listened to world princess, it's just fucking atrocious and i want to kys while watching music video

Did you listen to Halfaxa, Geidi Primes and Darkbloom yet?

Vowels=space and time, and Be A Body.

Welcome to the party OP!

With such a shitty tripcode it's no wonder that good pop music is too much for you.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. What she is doing (producing industry-level art using thoroughly indie-level means) pretty much spells the death knell of an entire multi-billion dollar industry. Whether industry types happen to love/like her music or not, the fact remains that very few people take kindly to being rendered obsolete. And I'm sure that at least a small portion of that industry tension manifests even here on /mu.

>What would someone have to gain by shutting down a Grimes thread?
Also, never forget how perfect of a target focused discussions (like what's typically found in Grimes threads) pose to trolls simply out there hunting for (you)s. Case in point - what this guy's post is in direct violation of at least two official Sup Forums posting rules, and it's only a matter of time before his post itself "disappears" (assuming it hasn't already by the time I hit "Post".) There is no way he doesn't already know that - hence he is being completely disingenuous.

Some people are just jealous that their favourite artist is not discussed here as much as Grimes. Just ignore those kids.

only to geidi primes, I'm afraid halfaxa will be just a longer version of that, so I skipped it for now.

> i just discovered grimes but im gonna make a thread abt her teehee

same autistic guy again lying his ass off
btw not gonna reply to any of you (YOU)
good day losers!

>loud minority of Grimesfags who vehemently defend their waifu go on to shit up other threads
>people who were once indifferent about Grimes now hate her because of her annoying fans
I am indifferent about her desu senpai but I shitpost the hell out of Grimesthreads because of these stupid fans that shit up all the other threads I would have enjoyed

>tripcode
>i made a nice argument
i'm a newfag and keep changing those, still.
>buttholesurfer
My brother've listened to them, i liked the name. He really likes grimes, btw, so i don't know how valid your argument is

lame comment fool

>I am a hipster contrarian asshole
Lol at least you're open and honest about it.

Halfaxa is more like a weirder Visions. The step between Geidi Primes and Halfaxa was pretty big even if both albums were released in the same year. Listen to it asap, at least the first (more normal) half (from Outer to Dream Fortress - including it).

I need money. How do I get hired by the Grimes shill team? Where do I apply. I can pretend to like her derivative talentless garbage too.

please please PLEASE go back to your containment thread

>containment thread
user, get yourself a new meme. This one's worn out.

Sounds good, will do. Thanks

>pretend
We only want true believers, sorry.

This. Hence the multitude of threads comparing a random artist to Grimes ("why do Sup Forums care about Grimes but not about this infinitely more talented random female artist???" or "Lana > Grimes", etc).

Cool. If you want an appetizer check Weregild, Devon and Dream Fortress first.

>pretend
If you don't like her for real, you will not get any money....

you post grimes for your soul, silly user

>he believes there's a shill team

grimes is like a good hot soup seasoned well on a cold day for your soul

People just don't know that they need her music until they hear it and digest it.

same,i can meme pretty hard

it was pretty tasty the first time i've eaten it, but throwep all over the place, i guess it was rotten or smthing

The explanation is simpler than that: you're just allergic to good food.

Not that you deserve to know, but here's where it started for me . Can you shut up now? Probably not.

there were no allergenes caution written, though, they should warn people what is good for and what is good for pretending-to-be drunk schoolgirls

It gave me explosive diarrhea

>discovered grimes two days ago
no you didnt. this is a bad attempt at a grimes thread

Good food is universal. If you're allergic to good food, well, bad luck to you.

this

Because it was mixed with the shitty food you already consumed few minutes before eating the good food... Solution? Stop eating shitty food. Trust me, I'm a doc.

this metaphoric bullshit gives me cancer. Why do i like realti for instance, and hate some other songs?

>Why do i like realti for instance, and hate some other songs?
Because you're pleb. Her music is 2deep4u.

I just gotta chime in here as well... PERSONALLY I cannot wrap my head around how fantastic she is, as a person, an imagine of beauty, and for her outstanding ear and vision.

She's breaking apart the very landscape of Popular Music and reshaping it into her image, which is refreshing.

I'm happy to be alive in the times of Grimes.

i mean, i agree that grimes is good. but OP is a lying shitbag. and yes, lorde's new song is absolute normie trash.

yeah no
nice try liar

The OP is not lying. He actually posted the evidence. Btw, I'm not the OP.

I'm sorry you can't wrap your brain around it, oh well.

>too deep for you
>sings about butterflies and the most cliche pop topics
>calls me a pleb
>uses a capt.obvious - most forced meme ever
fuck you

>stop eating shiity food
You could kill a neckbeard going cold turkey, Doc.

why are you so sure about that?
still not every person in the world is aware about this amazing artist and number of her fans is increasing every day

Discovered Grimes two days ago also and it fucking sucked. Thank God she's not relevant

Same here, will pretend to like Helga's music for some cash

>Thank God she's not relevant

I do it for free :^)

I swear the rating was 3.40 a week ago

it's hard to have a nice conversation with people who save tweets of their beloved goddess-waifu and reply to any crtique of the middle-of-the-road pop synth/pop artist as the one mentioned: "u dont no musik, u bleb"
You are all just pathetic.

u dont no musik, u bleb

You are just pathetic.

It's impossible to have a conversation with someone who insults you right out of the gate.

>it's hard to have a nice conversation with people who save tweets of their beloved goddess-waifu
Why would you be trying to have serious conversations with the sort of people with "goddess-waifu"s in the first place?

sent ;)

where lol

On the + side, they do keep bumping the thread to the top. Kind of shows their level of understanding.

That's the magic question. user your turn.

uhh

It's like they don't even know how the site works, user.

normies

WTF! I love Mars now!

;)

wtf i thought she is from saturn

She has a base on Mars too...

Now I think I'd like pasta for dinner.
And a Mars bar for desert

i call bullshit

>Mars is the fourth planet from the Sun and the second-smallest planet in the Solar System, after Mercury. Named after the Roman god of war, it is often referred to as the "Red Planet".

This planet seems attractive to Grimes.

>pictured: grimes on mars

Nasa faked the moon, how do we know that's not Arizona?

The atmosphere on Mars is mostly co2. Open flame cannot exist there. Not even with the magical powers that Grimes possesses.

She could defy the laws of physics.

For sure SHE could! I'm saying the flame sword couldn't. Sorry for any misunderstanding friend.

grimes ama

>will you marry me?

>vevo
Pretty much instantly to the bottom of my hated "musicians" list.

if you keep memeing we can go get coffee in a couple of years.

>I browse a music board and consider music to be one of my main interests in life but still haven't listened to Revolver

how do i write good songs?

>Pretty much instantly to the bottom of my hated "musicians" list.
That means she's one of your favorites. Good thing she's not on top of your hated "musicians" list. What is your fave Grimes song?

i bet you think pizzagate is real to dumbass

find things you feel passionate about, let yourself be inspired as much as possible to really make the ideas flow and just let your emotions guide you.

what if i feel nothing :/

but that sounds utterly irresponsible and self-destructive...

you feel what you touch user

Being self-destructive is a good thing though. It leads to good and honest art that can resonate with a lot of people