Three Kingdoms 2010

>smaller budget
>less time to produce
>has more episodes than game of thrones
>just as entertaining if not more

This chink kino is an underrated masterpiece.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_8rkcJ5sYDI
youtube.com/watch?v=wyS1CuUiPno&list=PLv7whYPHSlwR3o-TIuNAUOdZNnqI1JLEL
youtube.com/watch?v=SO1DGsSh9yA
kat.cr/three-kingdoms-ep-1-95-complete-romance-of-the-three-kingdoms-kordub-hdtv-x264-720p-t11714966.html#main
kat.cr/jiang-hu-three-kingdoms-chapters-1-95-complete-english-subtitled-romance-of-the-three-kingdoms-sangokushi-三國演義-2010-t8880588.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Im fairly interested..have you seen it or are you just memeing?

Are the fight scenes shot well? Is the acting good?

Too much talking and strategy, not enough idealized protagonists, no modern morals.

Just watch a few episodes and decide for yourself you fag. I hate people like you.

The characters, battle strategies and mind-games are way better than lame of throne. The story makes more sense and there's little flaw in it. Character development is also great. There's no plot armor or wishful moment or teleportation or 20 good fucking men

They've had a bazillion years to refine the story and build the lore

GoT series will never be finished

Wow, thanks for your post mate :)

Not OP, but...

The show has good production value, and actors are good.

Compare to the 90s version of Three Kingdoms which featured almost all seasoned and experienced stage actors, the 2010 version is slightly less experienced on the actors front. But the 2010 version goes with a different style of acting, more casual and lines are also rewritten, more slangs than formal literature style; so in that context the acting is pretty good in the 2010 version.

Story wise, compare to GoT, the Chinese don't treasure the Three Kingdoms as one of the big four classical literature for nothing. It's the real life game of thrones.

Rome > Three Kingdoms > GoT > Sparticus

This pretty much. ASOIAF isn't even finished yet. Three Kingdoms had 1000s of years to be refined and adapted.

Shu is best, fuck traitorous Wu faggots

t. Guan Yu

They still fuck up with Lu Bu story by adding love dovely element into it. It was dumb as hell.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms is written by a single guy in a few years... It was written in the mid 1300s.

>three_faggots_in_a_garden.jpg

I have read the books years ago; is the show really worth it?
Does it deviate too much from the novel?

do they portray Tsao Tsao well?

He is the best thing about the show. Actor is really good.

Don't you have some babies to throw around?

The show fucked up on that particular point, the name. It's not suppose to be "Shu". It should be "Han", because Liu Bei claims his legitimacy from being the last surviving noble linked to the Han dynasty blood line. Historically, "Shu" never called itself "Shu". It's always "Han", as in the "Han" dynasty still survives in the province of "Shu". This is also the reason that "Shu" must declare on "Wei or Jin" because otherwise their legitimacy claim is void.

Yea, the Sun family sure is weird.

>Game of Shit
>over based Spartacus

you need to go back

He anchors the show
oh go masturbate to greased men

I've seen everything.

I didn't want it to end, but it did.

The show can be so fucking corny at times which made it way more entertaining than I thought.

zhang fei is a dumb mofo
lie bei is a weak ass faggot but people fell for his act
without guan yu, zhuge liang and zhao yun shu is utterly fucked

Yuan Shao and Yuan Shu, Liu Bang, Dong Zhuo, Lu Bu, Sun-familia, Cao-familia... all portrayed well?

honestly might be interested.
I have weird RoTK fetish. English subs easily available?

As far as I know Three Kingdom has been cahnge and refine by scholars by the years. Theres still many debate with lot of characters since we discover new information as it went by

are they all still on youtube or am i gonna have to find a torrent?

The show made Liu bei look like a autistic retard. He's suppose to be caring and trustworthy, not dumb and retarded.

Three Kingdom as a warring period history sure
but romance of three kingdom was a book written by one guy, hence the romance part
i guess the show could be blending both the new information and the book

Everybody don't get portrayed well (I'm still butthurt over what they did with Xiahou Dun) but all in all the show is really good.
youtube.com/watch?v=_8rkcJ5sYDI

Story-wise, Three Kingdoms is great, but the battle scenes with basically any of Liu Bei's companions are so fucking retarded. I understand that they're supposed to be skilled warriors, but they took it way too far to the point where watching them actually made me angry.

Overall, it's still a 9/10 though.

Cao is a bit too insane, the Yuan family though is top notch and they fit the book's characterization.

Liu Bei how ever somehow went literal full retard.

Lu Bu became a boy band member and had teenage love drama...

Dong is stop notch.

wutttt....

The thing about Chinese chronicles is that they are literally still exist and from multiple contemporary chroniclers from imperial court chroniclers to plebian scholars. Chinese history is not ancient Egypt where you wait for the next missing stone carving. Chinese history, you can go to a library and read.

You are mistaken.

The Romance of Three Kingdoms is a fiction written by a famous author in mid 1300 based on the Chronicles of Three Kingdoms (actual historical records). The exact events in the Romance changed for creative reasons, but the over all flow of important events remain the same.

The reason why ROTK works so well compared to GOT is simply because the novel was partly based on real history.

GOT is overly scripted. Characters die because of like 10 fucking episodes of backstabbing and what not.

In ROTK, people simply die a lot either in wars or they actually get sick, just like how real life is. People don't need to plot 10 fucking things against you to end your life. It just comes naturally.

Man I remember this. I cant remember if thats his son that grew up to be the retarded emperor or was that baby killed?

That fucking opening song, lyrics are all allegories. A direct translation would've made no fucking sense lol.. It's like that Star Trek episode, lyrics are entirely "Darmok and Jalad... at Tanagra."

even in the book i don't feel like he is truly it to be the ruler of all china
sure his empathy is what really define him and attract a lot of talent to fight for him, but i really don't like his indecisiveness and lack of resolve sometimes
cao cao is more determine but nigga went fucking nut sometimes, still i think he would fit to be king more
if you tone down caocao craziness a bit and have both guan yu and zhuge liang to serve him, that nigga is literally invincible

retarded ruler

Guan Yu was more retarded than Zhang desu. Zhang was betrayed for his cruelty, but Guan Yu died because he was a flat out arrogant prick.

it is the retarded emperor

For people don't speak Chinese (Mandarin), Cao's actor's accent is freaking adorable. It's the northern dialect of Mandarin, a lot of tongue sounds and is just pure OLEV.

Fuck off Lu Meng.

Historically, Confucian ideal of loyalty and all that had not taken over China as the main stream ideology till Song Dynasty, Han Dynasty happened hundreds of years prior.

So when the author wrote the book, he tried to changed the historical shrewd Liu Bei into this idealized Confucian ruler. So a lot of his characterization in the Romance novel is understood to be there for the sake of shoe horning him into that idealized image.

You should have got out when you had the chance idiot.

DO NOT WATCH THIS

DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID

It was so enjoyable and enthralling that I quickly finished it. At the end here left a void that could never be filled

I miss you Cao Cao, I mis your laugh ;_;

youtube.com/watch?v=wyS1CuUiPno&list=PLv7whYPHSlwR3o-TIuNAUOdZNnqI1JLEL

The 90s version opening is worth listening to as well. It's the actual preface from the novel.

Where does the show start and end? Does it start with the Turbans? And wouldn't it end far after Cao Cao's death anyway?

now that we are talking about 3 kingdoms, who in this thread actually read or watch other works made from the rest of the four great classical novels?

- 3 kingdoms is obvious (manga, movies, tv show, games)
- i think a lot of people know or heard about journey to the west at least once in their life (pleb tier : OMG IT IS DRAGON BALL GOKU)
- water margin : i actually read and watch this partly, would like to complete it one day ( the beloved franchise video game suikoden come from this)
- Dream of the Red Chamber : barely any interests, drama shit

WEI YAN DID NOTHING WRONG

From a literature point of view after Zhu Ge Liang dies, the story's in falling action and things starts to get wrapped up.

If you think this ROTK rendition is good, you have no taste.

This is a terrible series with some really good actors. Go watch the 1994 ROTK and then come back.

It begins with Dong Zhuo being in charge.

I played the Suikoden games as a kid, so that means I'm an expert on water margin.

I think later day people have developed the idea that Cao Cao's "headaches" were actually a brain tumour.
He was incredible skilled and capable warlord, but in the end he lost because his brain tumour started hindering his decision making.
That is why he was constantly on the rise, until the last decade of his life when suddenly his expansion of power and authority advanced no further.

If true, one man suffering from a brain tumour had a huge effect on the history of China, and to greater extent the world. What if Wei had united China? What if Jin had never come to exist, nor lose northern lands to nomads? What if Wu and later Jin had never expanded southwards due to pressure from northern states?

Is he a big guy?

Dong Zhou to Jin

You sold me.

3 kingdoms really tugs on the heart with the shit, though historically accurate, ending... Everyone worth while dies...

Journey to the West, classical Chinese fantasy. Hilarious writing and overall enjoyable.

Water Margin, also another one of those bitter endings where everyone dies.

Red Chamber is pure "erotica". For Pete's sake, the book starts with the guy ejaculating due to a sex dream... The entire story centers around the protagonist courting dozens of beautiful girls. It's a miracle Japan has not made it into a harem anime yet.

He lost?... what? He lost? You sure you don't have a brain tumor?

where can i torrent this

Fingoloid here, I have only read the RoTK book

one day I hope I will read the rest.
I honestly cannot remember what made me read that gigantic book in the first place (English translation)

they had a 1 million usd budget. ken watanabe wanted to audition but was rejected because he was asking for too much. they had lots of content but needed to trim it down though.

"Lost" as in didn't finish with his aim of unifying China under his rule, he defeated various warlords on his path to power, but in the end couldn't defeat Shu and Wu, despite Wei being the strongest of the three.

Before Red Cliffs, he was streamrolling with relative ease after his victorious northern campaigns.

it is on youtube with english sub

journey to the west is a lot of fun to watch
the best version sadly is a state made by cctv in 1986 so the quality in term of technical is quite bad for today standard, but it stay true to the original novels and have very good acting
OP : youtube.com/watch?v=SO1DGsSh9yA

Pretty big yeah, atleast for you.

>yfw Sima Yi BTFOs everyone

I really wish the series didnt end with him though. I felt like I could have watched another 200 episodes.

IMBECILES

I remember this episode. It's the meeting before the battle with Yuan Shao's much larger army. The entire Yuan faction is run by idiots.

if there's any consolation, the surname Sima is an ancient one. The Sima family survived through Spring Autumn, then Warring State, then Three Kingdoms and dozens and dozens of nation wide unrest and even has many offspring now.

Fucking Liu Bei, just conquers everything, and rolled over Wu.

Cao Cao is stuck between Sima Yi and Liu Bei, while Dong is being a dick.

Soon I shall unify the north and Lu Bu will teach Liu Bei a lesson.

It does console me actually. I was rooting for him since his first appearance, albeit as an advisor to Cao Cao.

When I thought he was going to die in exile , it was so fucking satisfying to see him fool everyone and eventually put his grandson on the throne.

Also his son was bro tier.

It's tied to the budget and not being able to reshoot ever fight scene. They're supposed to be great warriors, but they had to fall back to jump cuts out the ass during combat to convey their supposed mastery in combat

Yuan himself is the sole idiot.

吾知绍之为人,志大而智小,色厉而膽薄,忌克而少威,兵多而分画不明,将骄而政令不一,土地虽广,粮食虽丰,适足以为吾奉也
Cao Cao said this, "I know what kind of person is Yuan. Big dreams but small brain, harsh but cowardly, fearful but no sense of authority, has large amount of soldiers but no clear organized structure, commands a large retinue of self absorbed commanders; though owns large swath of land and huge depot of grain, he will serve me."

Possibly some of the best lines I've seen in television in a while.
>women are like clothes
you can change them all the time, you'll be the same person
>but brothers are like limbs
losing your family/brothers-in-arms you've grown up with or fought with is like losing a part of yourself, unable to function or fight the same way again

I need to watch more Asian shit.

Thinking of starting that series about the samurai who was very honorable from echigo.

It's hard to get something historical from the west that is satisfying, game of thrones is really just appealing to a broad audience though sometimes you get something like Rome or Borgia.

There are quite a few version of Oda Nobunaga from Japan, if you are into asian shits.

>tfw can't remember the last episode i watched to pick up from

How many of them show him as a murderer from ise butthurt

rewatch from 20 or so, there from the red river is the best part imo

>no modern morals.

Morality is but social fashion. Why should a depiction of different times incorporate modern memes?

Was way beyond that. Ciao Ciao was emperor by then

You fell for bait

Do you guys have a dl that works? Everything I find has either been taken down or has 0 seeds. I'd love to watch this.

i couldn't even make it through the first episode. the production is shit tier and i can't be fucked reading subtitles all the goddamn time.

>still only mediocre quality available
Suffering.

It's all on Youtube my man

>Show looks interdesting.
>Might watch it.
>Remember ex was a chink and I still can't separate China and anything chinese related from her, except the food.

Man, sometimes I wish I wasn't a retard.

I prefer peter brooks mahabharata adaptation, 5-6 hours long on youtube now

kat.cr/three-kingdoms-ep-1-95-complete-romance-of-the-three-kingdoms-kordub-hdtv-x264-720p-t11714966.html#main

this torrent is in 720p and pretty fast (2-3 MB/s) but heavy, 51 GB

Oh shit, it's not the good one

kat.cr/jiang-hu-three-kingdoms-chapters-1-95-complete-english-subtitled-romance-of-the-three-kingdoms-sangokushi-三國演義-2010-t8880588.html

here it is

Who is your favorite Romance of Kingfoms guy?

I like Liu Boo. He is really cool and strong and he can beat up your favorite guy.

pic related

>korean dub and no subtitles

my man

I'm the same guy, that's why I deleted it

It's not real 720p and far from 1080p, but still a lot better than the crappy compressed youtube version; also it's subtitled and it's downloading pretty fast I'm at 4 MB/s now, I'll let it run overnight

zhao yun

top kek with the last one

>family

can't make that shit up

Oh damn a Three Kingdoms thread on Sup Forums
Really enjoyed watching this show

Post your books, if you have them.

Has about 3000 pages in total has Chinese original text on the left and English translation on the right as well as a bunch of illustrations

hard cover?

Yeah