Cooper what are you doing?

>Cooper what are you doing?

>Docking.

Thoughts on Interstellar? This scene really made me regret not seeing it in IMAX

I saw it at home ona 65 inch 3d tv.

no regrets.

I hope people see Nolan as the Kubrick of our time. Simpler, but still as impactful.

the greatest movie ever
Has little to no romance, great effects, great, memorable scenes, amazing soundtrack, a beautiful twist ending and even a greater story overall. Then there's like 3-4 scenes that can make you straight up cry.

I really liked it. First movie seeing in IMAX.

3/10 made me reply

Great soundtrack, average Nolan movie, a bit long

I watched Interstellar for the first time recently and I thought it was fucking dumb and a waste of time.

I felt the same with 2001 a space odyssey and some faggots will cry it's the greatest sci-fi movie ever made... even though planet of the apes came out the same year and still is amazing, even though we all know that twist ending, it's more like interstellar. interesting commentary on humanity overall.

>but Cooper it's impossible!
>No. It's necessary.
Pretty awesome famalam

>some faggots will cry it's the greatest sci-fi movie ever made
You mean mature cinematically educated adults. The supreme kino of 2001 is a far greater accomplishment than the entry level social commentary of Planet Of The Apes.

It was actually heralded for it's amazing cosmetics., but don't worry sci-fi was in a bit of a lull at that time too is also why.

the movie is extremely reddit but the soundtrack is goat

FUCK OFF. I don't think I've seen a single movie posted here without one fucking downie calling it "reddit" as if that means something. Form your own fucking opinion, then share it.

Visually 2001 was interesting, but the movie itself can't be understood without the use of the book, which was also not published until AFTER the movies release...

So as the movie is, the last 3rd is just garbage.

>buttmad redditor detected

Reddit means everything. If you don't think it's a valid criticism of a movie then you should fuck off elsewhere because you lack the cultural sophistication for this board.

everything is reddit, since reddit is 3 times the size of Sup Forums, and these newfags still think Sup Forums is "underground" instead of just not-popular....

>the last 3rd is just garbage.
The last third is literally the greatest stretch of cinema ever committed to film.
>but the movie itself can't be understood without the use of the book,
Perhaps this is the case if you are cinematically illiterate.

>aka 'trolling'

let me guess. You like Mad Max: Fury Road, Game of Thrones, Superhero movies. Your favorite movie at one point was Fight Club, and your favorite book at one point was Catcher in the Rye. You consider yourself a liberal

no... it's a well known fact... it's not like the movie hasn't been discussed that much. I don't know how you didn't know this.

This is news to you isn't it???

>Catcher in the Rye

that's a weird point to make, that's usually the trait of a lone psychopath. I think most people liked the Fight Club novel if they liked the movie and were literate. It was an exceptional novel.

Not the poster, btw.

love that ost

>no... it's a well known fact
It's taken as popular consensus among the cinematically unsophisticated but it's no more of a fact than "Marvelshit is good".

My favorite film is into the void, and I've never enjoyed reading enough to have a favorite book

Oh it shows

That scene was retarded, and made no sense.

>a fucking ROBOT tells you something is impossible in a serious hard science fiction movie
>insist on doing it anyway, and accomplish the goal

Saw it recently, beginning took a while to catch on, but overall one of the best movies I ever saw. MM is goat. Regret not seeing it in imax.

TARS was lying. They agreed an honesty setting that wasn't 100%

I was high on shrooms when I saw interstellar and that scene was particularly awesome, great movie visually but a pretty mediocre movie in general

>TARS was trying to get them all killed

Much better film.

No, it's been the opinion since the movie was released... that was a style at the time, which only makes the movie dated more.

I spent the whole movie waiting for TARS or CASE to go full HAL. Pleasantly surprised Nolan didn't go down that obvious route

It's not even obvious but cliched, "the robot is frankenstein's monster" is just the worest trope ever made, because we all fear the unknown. If anyone is different, they're the bad guy.

i love it 2bh

So as someone who just got a Master's in Physics, I watched it a month ago, and here's my opinion.

The first 3/4 of this movie delivers hard sci-fi in a way that is really pleasing. Matthew Mcconaughey did a better job in the role than I really thought he might; it wasn't great, but it wasn't a deal-breaker either. They did a super job capturing relativity and making it into an understandable plot device.

That said, they abandoned all that at the end. If you're gonna make a hard sci-fi movie, don't cop out and make a feel-good ending. He would have been shredded by the black hole's tidal forces and died. That's all there is to it, and that's FINE. Give me an ending where he dies. Where everyone on Earth dies. Where the lady scientist has to raise an entire generation of people all alone. Give me an ending that makes me fucking think: that's a hard sci-fi ending.

I got annoyed when I heard CASE because I recognized his voice, but never spoke long enough for me to fully figure it out. Only when I looked it up did I realise it was the Mosquito Man

Why did his small ship fall away from the main ship when he decoupled near the end of the movie?