Made a post here last week, came back cuz y'all my only hope <3

Made a post here last week, came back cuz y'all my only hope

What the fuck is up with those nips

192.168.1.1 will usually take you to the router setting page to set the name and pass

what's your ip address?

>192.168.1.1
doesn't work, but typing your own ip should basically do the same and I keep winding up at "Mikrotik RouterOS" where it asks user and pass...

Hold windows button + R
Type "cmd" press enter
Type "ipconfig" and press enter
Look for "Deffault gateway" or something like that. Type in browser.

Also keep in mind that you need to be connected to the router for it to work

Get a cable and plug directly into the router. Now open op a private or incognito window (to avoid caching issues) and type in 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. One of those should work. When you make the cabled connection make sure to disable your wifi.

Wound up here again, probably gonna have to ask the landlord, but he said himself he doesn't know jackshit about computers and leaves everything to the provider / third party router company.

Where did you get the router? Some of them are hardwired by the telco to give them remote access and restrict things like which DNS you're allowed to access or what you can name your router. The one I have now will automagically connect to the telco's walled garden and won't let you out until it's been cleared by the telco.

You don't need to censor the IP lol, it's an internal IP. Starts with either 10, 172, or 192 right?

Gon try that, only have random pics to repay you all with
The dorm one came with the room. The old one is close to 7 years old and I've used it at home before, no problems there.

Sorry, not an IT miracle tbh. The standardgateway starts with 192 yeah, but the IP address I originally used starts with 84.

Try different browser so saved local data won't interfere

Most likely a rogue DHCP on your network granting you a shitty IP adress before the right router does.
As stated before, disable wi-fi, plug directly to your router with an ethernet cable, find your default gateway address, http to it, login, profit

You keep getting that screen because your router defaulted as a new device in the Mikrotik network, the one you keep seeing.

Think of the network as a bubble that already has a router. When yours reset, it couldn't make a network for whatever reason, maybe because it's on the same frequency band (2.4GHz), but it did see a network very close by already, which is the one you keep seeing. So, it just joined that network. Is there WPA protection or any kind of password to connect to the network?

Either that or it's a firewall, just grasping at straws here tbh.

Could it be possible my ethernet cable in my dorm is connected to a bigger Mikrotik router (either in the building or at that routersupplying company)?
My dormroom's router had WPA connection. The new one is just open.

I don't have enough info / knowledge to give, but I've gotten some new ideas I could try from this thread. Thanks everyone.

If they had different security authentication protocols, that probably disregards my first theory since they should be the same for any router.

sounds good, there could be two DHCP servers set up that keep giving conflicting IP addresses. Not sure how it'd work in the grand scheme of things, but it's worth a shot to fix.

Also, try running 'ipconfig /release' 'ipconfig /renew' in cmd.

Good luck user

Trying the connect to router -> default gateway thing won't work. Not sure why. Most pages just give ERR_connection_reset, but my default gateway one just keeps loading. I'll try some different things, at least I know where to look now.

can i download ehr pic or she is underage?

Try doing what I said to in cmd real quick. If nothing, can't help ya, got work soon.

She's 21ish as far as I know
Same grill as

If the routers you are using are linksys and tp link, and you are getting anything other than the 2, you are connect to the wrong wifi my friend. Find the right one and connect to it.

A better fix would be to turn off wifi, jack directly into the router in question via cable, and console into that motherfucker with 198.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 or 10.0.0.1 and use the baseline username/password of admin/admin, admin/blank, admin/paassword etc etc and set your shit up from there.

Alternatively, if you need help because ur a noob, download the "install disc" from linksys or tplink or whoever that basically sets the network up for u.

Happy hunting op