>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

- old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HfQd0yTv1HQ
youtu.be/omvLUWp9CEE
thestereobus.com/2008/02/24/whats-this-class-a-class-ab-class-b-stuff/
youtu.be/mMPfYYE5CBE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Karl seems like a good guy to have a five guys cheeseburger with. You just know he loves that shit.

inb4 Squier twinks getting mad about Karl Sanders

who is going to get mad? nobody even knows who he is.

>This one-of-a-kind guitar was hand-made in the Dean custom shop in Tampa back when Dean Zelinsky was still building USA customs himself. It’s unique because not only is it a rare one-pickup V, but there are also NO KNOBS or knob holes or switches drilled into the beautiful maple top. The pickup is wired directly to the jack leaving the pure unadulterated tone of this incredible guitar to blaze unrestricted and unchained. Combined with the super-skinny neck (Dean Zelinski has really small hands), the direct-wired pickup makes this axe a go-to weapon of choice on all recent Nile albums. It’s responsible for MANY classic Nile tracks.

Is Karl Sanders onto something here? Has anyone else removed or bypassed their knobs?

OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT

>tfw no double neck guitar
>tfw not shredding in drop A on a 12 string
>tfw only one chin

How does he do it m8s?

I own a squier and I love colonel sanders

best Mexican Fender Strat?

I'm trying to get a kind of modern rock sound. My current amp is a raven, but I'm not too impressed with it. It's just okay.
I play mostly at home so I don't need anything as loud as my raven. I was looking at some those small marshalls like pic related.

$380 on ebay. There are more available from different sellers I think, but in different color schemes.

the one I just bought yesterday

>i'm trying to get a modern rock sound with a baby's first Marshall practice amp

god you people are fucking retards

thanks

What size pick do you guys use for electric and acoustic?

Is having 3 humbuckers a meme?

>I was looking at some those small marshalls like pic related.

What are you even doing

Karl is a great man!

For something that small you'll be fine with just about anything I think. I would just look up youtube videos of people playing them or comparing different amps.

However, I'm not sure I would say Marshall is the best bet for a "modern" rock sound. They're better for a 70s - 80s tone.

I always wondered how does it sound desu

I use Dunlop .88mms for guitar and 1mms for bass

I'll do more research, I don't know much about amps.
I'm really just speculating until I save up some more and eventually sell my current amp.

>10 watt amp

M8, don't even bother. You'll never be able to use that if you play a show somewhere and you'll probably get laughed at if you bring that thing to jam with someone.

If you want a cheap amp that actually sounds good get a modeling amp like a fender mustang. OR get a 40 watt combo tube amp like a marshall DSL40c.

What's the best pickup configuration for a strat?

I'll note those down thanks.

This is my current 20 watt amp. I bought it from my friend for $50, so I could probably sell it for the same price on craigslist or something when the time comes.

Kek this was my first Amp. It was between this or a Fender Frontman 25w but my dad didn't wanna cough up the extra $25. I wish I knew more about Amps because I could've gotten something a lot better for $80-$100

>Has anyone else removed or bypassed their knobs?
Jake E. Lee for example, removed tone on his signature because he "never found any used for it". Basically it comes to style in music and playing, if you don't ever cut or mold your tone on the fly, it's pointless to have the damn thing on.
But that being said, having an ability to cut the feed is pretty good idea, and tone shaping is a good way to bring in some extra depth to your playing, instead of relying just on your pedals.

Physically removing the knobs from the chain has a minimal effect, it reduces some resistance from the circuitry but it's negligible gain in your overall chain of pre-amps , distortion and boosts.

I'm gonna go ahead and post it before he does

youtu.be/HfQd0yTv1HQ

kek

Yeah I'm glad I'm past my "buy brand new from the store" phase so at least I didn't break the bank on some trash.
But my first amp was an even worse behringer amp which is the main reason I stuck with acoustic for years.

If it's just for home or recording, go software instead. You can get an expandable version of NI guitar rig for free (you'll need a audio interface)

At least it's actual playing instead of gear talk

youtu.be/omvLUWp9CEE

Not even mad/10

Excellent I have one of those. Can it do stereo?

>grab squealy bar
>cheeky look at camera

lmao

He jerks it off with feedback at the very end lul

Marshall for the past 15 years is only a name. Do not buy a Marshall by any means. They haven't produced a solid amp in thirty years. There is a lot of better amps for the same price range

Holy shit is this you? You're hot as fuck

Is it bad that Ryan Gosling is currently my biggest inspiration to get my shit back together and start taking music seriously again? I just watched La La Land and the dude pretty much learned how to play the piano from scratch just for that role, if he can do it then so can I

Yes. You can even split the channels and have separate fx chains for each. Even the free version comes with an good amp set and a few of the weirder processors, sequenced gating, arpegiated flanger etc. Plus a load of song/artist presets.

Thanks for the heads up
Damn if that turns out to be good I just might sell some of my pedals. Thanks man.

yeah you're a gay

whats the difference between type A amp and A/B amp?

can you tame the beast user?

Who isn't gay for Ryan Gosling

Now do Icarus Dream Suite.

Val Kilmer looks awful

Rosewood or maple? PLEASE HELP

Ebony

Bubinga!

ebonhy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>maple>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..POWER GAP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.roseshit

My friend and I are trying to work on material but since we don't know anybody who can drum we were thinking of just using a drum machine.

Who are some musicians who use drum machines live and make it sound good/interesting? The only ones I can think of are like Cocteau Twins and Sisters Of Mercy and that's not so much what we were going for

Convince me to buy a Strat in place of a Les Paul.

godflesh breh

Get a strat and a les paul copy for the price of a gibson

See
thestereobus.com/2008/02/24/whats-this-class-a-class-ab-class-b-stuff/

Class A amplifies the whole signal wave, the amp running all the time - sounds good, inefficent. Class B have separate elements for the signal parts, efficient, but introduces distortion. A/B combines the best of both.

buy a real guitar instead

I'm not buying a Gibson so, there's only place for 1.

Like what?

anything but fender/squier/gibson/epiphone

a Dean baby

Strats are comfier. More radiused edges, the belly cut out, better top end fret access.

An LP is like having a breeze block strapped round your neck, and the gloss necks are a pain. But that glorious sound...

Does anyone know where I can get components for DIYLC?

>beautiful maple top
Yet they've painted over it

I can still see the grain of the wood. You need to get your eyes checked.

I know some early punk bands like Metal Urbain used them

Big Black

So Strat is all about body huh...

Only think that keeps getting my attention to the Strat is RHCP songs.

What should one learn beyond scales to improve note selection?

Can anyone elaborate on this? I've heard that the more pickups you have the more they will pull on the strings resulting in less sustain and overall inferior tone, which is why some guitarists rip out all but one pickup
It sort of makes sense but really how much of a difference is there between something like a double humbucker set up and an H/S/H or even three humbuckers? I'm really curious as I'm thinking of getting a guitar with H/S/H pups

uh i'm not

Three humbuckers fuck up your picking technique. The middle pickup gets in the way

intervals, keys

Thanks

Arpeggios.

You can also play scales in intervals once you learn both. You would play the given interval after each note of the scale and then move onto the next note in the scale playing the given interval after each note.

>two completely different guitars
>always compared

By all means get one of each and use each one when necessary. Or just get the one that makes sense depending on the style of music you typically play.

wtf does a compressor do

This isn't exactly fair. Most modern LPs have weight relief that keeps them from being ridiculously heavy. IMO they're much easier to play with the smaller frets and they come in a variety of neck sizes so just pick whatever one you like.

I guess you have a point about the gloss necks and top fret access, but that has never bothered me.

It should lower the volume of your chords so that your notes sound louder in comparison but if you got a shitty one like me all it does is give you "compression tone" that old vintage compressors sounded like.

chambered lps are a joke

Compresses the sound. I was jamming at my friend's parents once, they had a fuck ton of gear. His dad let me try a bunch of old pedals and when he hooked up the compressor he kept switching it on and off and was like "Hear that tone change!? Hear how much better it is!?" I was like "YEAH!" But really I couldn't tell anything changed.

Makes your 16th note (and 32nd note) funk strumming sound better.

youtu.be/mMPfYYE5CBE

They're lighter, more comfortable and have better sustain. The joke is the guy who thinks his 15 pound chunk of wood is superior because it's heavy and that magically equals better tone.

>that ridiculously fast strumming

Sounds like shit desu

When i played in bands i got so much ass.

I want to buy a guitar but my ears are legit destroyed because im addicted to grindcore. Should i buy a guitar just to get laid practice enough just to get good enough to get laid by dumb people?

Fuck it I will...500 dollars to get unlimted ass is a damn good deal.

How do you play guitar even when you're deaf?

Guitar is more of a pussy repellant these days. It's like an old fashioned hobby

is there any good alternative for this bab?

Lol no it isnt lmao

Sides im gay

Not him but you're full of it.

This. You might get a few sleazy, slutty chicks who hang around in shit local venues (you know the type, poor, covered with tattoos and piercings, purple hair) But overall women won't put up with your guitar playing hobby beyond the age of 21. Unless you're actually successful at it.

Evens out your sound, narrow the dynamic range. It will amplify quiet notes and attenuate louder ones so your playing sounds more even. There's all sorts of mythical crap written about them though, especially in production.

Ive actually heard that from people that nobody respects 40 year old guitarists so they play keyboard. Im only doing it to get laid anyway so wtf do i care about instrument.

Besides fucking slutty 21 year old boys is top tier wtf are you ralking about?

>not trying to pick up men

this

Got to admit I've never played a relieved LP. I got a 90s LP custom, gorgeous guitar sings like an angel - but holy shit is it heavy. How skinny little guys like page jumped around with them I'll never know.

Meh fuck it.

Ill buy a shitty keyboard for 500 dollars

I just want to play black metsl OMG

t.drummer

Tbh singing is where it's at

How much does it weigh? I was worried about getting a weight relieved LP but I've had several guitar techs tell me that weight relief is actually a positive. Some claim the completely solid body is a key part of the tone, but if that were true then weight relieved LPs wouldn't sound like LPs..... and they do.

This really but you can always do both~

>tfw playing bass and singing
go me