What's the best programming language?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCdX4uJUwSFwiY3XBvu-F_-Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

English

Lua.

It's what they use in roblox.

Finnish is better.

Depends on what the project is. There's really no such thing as the best programming language. It's all subjective.

this

generally: maybe C++
/thread

Java.

C# in second place but they swap if you want to make games.

majority of both commercial and consumer programs are still written in c++, and the market largely determines what the most efficient language is for writing a given program. so probably that.

Hello Pajeet, you are wrong

Learn C

Universee .... the language that the universe speaks and is written in.

Please be bait

C++

There isn't really a best language it is more about what you want to do.

Nah, almost nobody learns C/C++ nowadays, for a good reason. Java and C# is even fun to program in.

Depends on best.

Personally I enjoy coding in Ruby most. Although I rarely get the opportunity to do so.

If you're looking for probably the most general-purpose language, this is probably the best answer.

Otherwise, this.

1)C is still used on almost every major company since someone coded it aeons ago and it would be costly and uneffective to redo all the shit again,

2) C is the granddaddy to almost every major language there is, learn C nd you will have a great ground to learn other languages later

I love Java. Its easier on the eyes than shit like Python and C

Use the right tool for the job.

are you done?

Unless you're making game engines, device drivers, operating systems, or security software, C++ is *never* the best option.

if you're a beginner just learn python, pretty easy to get along with and then you can learn more complex one like C ( or C++ for OOP )

there's a lot of dinosaur with c/c++ for sure but there's a lot more companies that seek java/c# developers these days.

i wouldn't recommend anybody to waste their time with c/c++ these days just because they could learn a more modern language more easily later. it's better to start with a fun modern language immediately and actually get some progress into learning instead of struggling with c/c++ only to give up halfway in. or worse, finish learning the language only to realize that none of those dinosaur companies will hire you.

En.

C++ for OOP?!?

What is the Seven Names of Fuck is wrong with you?

'Actually I made up the term "object-oriented", and I can tell you I did not have C++ in mind'

- Alan Kay

C++ is, at best, "C with classes".

>saving a picture twice

Python/php/js all you need in life

Just learn something that the Chinese or Indians don't know. You'll be rich and happy that you don't have to deal with factory produced shit tier programmers.

Things like C, Ada, Scala, Groovy, Kotlin, R, Node.js

But honestly the best language is probably Java or Python.

>he doesn´t use angular or jquery

Why do you wanna invent the wheel time after time?

The fuck is wrong with you bro

What in the world is OOP for you? Give me e.g

debugging indian code gives me the worst headache

For fuck's sake, Java isn't even the best JVM language.

coldfusion is

Late binding and message passing.

I.E., what is was when Alan Kay fucking invented it.

It ain't classes, it sure as shit ain't inheritance, and it's not virtual funtions.

What is it *you* think it is?

Judge the programmer, not the language, dumb ass

This is the truth. Kotlin or Scala, maybe Clojure.
Node is fun to dick around with, but most idiots don't understand callbacks.

>Just learn something that the Chinese or Indians don't know.
sounds like sound advice at first but honestly though, what don't they know? India+China combined equals something like 5 times the population of USA, im sure they cover pretty much everything

Fortran and Sas. All i ever need

I know Java, Python, F#, Clarion and SML. How well versed / liable to get a job am I?
>Studying compsci

How do you find the strength to go on living?

Internal pathology of the muthafucking maintainers

The pay and the 6 hour pet day I work.

Not really man, 95% of these H1Bs I work with only know Java or C#. They think that that's where the money is. Sucking the corporate teet, writing shit Java.

95% of the resumes I see are experience in Java, Oracle, Java EE. Half of them don't even know what the fuck VIM is.

HolyC

Those would br strong incentives.

Hell, if they're dependent on that stack you can probably arrange a significant raise any time you feel like it.

I am at the pay threshold I.e if I get aa raise I will pay alot more tax so nowadays just go for extra days vacation. Currently I can take 8 weeks vacation pr year. Can also tell you that the only thing I ever do at work is run the same code day in day out. My work day could prolly be shortend to 2 hours effective time.

Not bad.

Fortran 77?

Just for historical reasons I've considered looking at Fortran from time to time, I've just never had a good enough reason to invest the time...no heavy math that needs speed...nor to get over what seems to be byzantine syntax.

Watching his streams is incredibly interesting.

It´s depressing as fuck tbh, he even said it himself that he doesn´t want to do that, that he wants a ordinary life

Does he not realize he's a super genius?

Well, he knows he´s 50 years old, lives in his parents basement and have never lost his virginity, I don´t think about the genius part to often.

>I
Terry is that you?
I know you goto Sup Forums so Sup Forums isn't much of a stretch.

reminds me of when i was in university, an indian guy was there and asked to see my source code. since i was too friendly and naïve back then i gave him a copy, of course he just tried to plagiarize the whole thing off me. too bad for him though, i had a special solution using inner classes so he got busted. luckily they didn't punish me at all but i lost a bit of faith in people that day.

I thought he mostly visited Sup Forums

and no, its not I was supposed to write I dont think not I

the fuck? i was sure he had gone back to god, he's still around online?

Yup, he streams like once a week atleast.

It's called mathematics you ticking pleb

youtube.com/channel/UCdX4uJUwSFwiY3XBvu-F_-Q

depends what you wanna do

ill be damned. i was hoping he was a master troll but nobody would actually produce hour long streams almost every day for less than 1k views. he's clearly not in it for the money and the sub count isn't even 5k...

still though, there must be something else to this story. why does he have a webcam and youtube if he's really on a mission from god? something doesn't add up. maybe im overthinking it

He's a literal prophet from God.

He had a psychosis, that makes you do pretty weird shit

Matlab

it's still strange he has less than 5k subs since he was linked on reddit/slashdot some time ago.

i guess youtube has removed subs from him, they have been doing that a lot lately

doesnt look like they removed subs from him according to social blade. weird.