So Sup Forums, my fiancé wants us both to hyphenate our last names when we get married...

So Sup Forums, my fiancé wants us both to hyphenate our last names when we get married, so we'd both have her name and mine. She says she won't go through with it if I don't agree, threw a tantrum and everything. She's mentally ill, I swear to god.

What do I do?

dont marry you fucking retard

Kick her out of your life

user. This is what dating is for. How the hell didn't you find out about this before you were at this point?

But that's not an option.

The cuck is strong in you faggot ... just slap that silly slut and tell her what's up.

Call it off. You're obviously not marrying a proper woman

For sure marry her
Don't have a pre nup
Have plan to live in your car

why not

is this even a question? Every woman who wants to retain her last name is questionable. But in your case, she wants to put her name along side yours?

don't be a cuck. leave her. It says a lot about her and how she views you, the relationship and marriage.

grudge fuck her doggy style, cum, then tell her to get the fuck out.

I don't exactly have a lot going for me.

these pics actually scare me. where did you get these.

this is a really small issue, and if shes not willing to make a comprise, this relationship will run into a lot of problems in the future, JUMP SHIP

marry someone else then.

oh wouldnt you like to know

why do you want to marry her?

a hardship now is better than a hardership later.

divorce

if you don't want to loose your name, why would she?

It's a social thing.

You might as well hyphenate if you're going to be so retarded as to get married in this day and age. You can switch back after she takes all of your shit and ruins your life you fucking cuck

a relationship is a "we thing", not a "me and you thing" or in this case "her thing". whoever doesn't get that is a fucking baby and should go back to preschool. don't marry that toddler, OP

Don't marry her. Every couple I've ever met who has done this consists of a fat 'n sassy cunt and a broken sad fuck of a man.

Do what my parents did. My dad kept his name, and my mum hyphenated hers. No wonder she hates him so much. I don't know why they aren't divorced yet.

Tell her this is stupid and both keep their own last names, problem solved

My wife had publications and shit when we got married. She wanted to keep her name. The kids have my name. Lots of our friends do it that way.

I know one couple where they both took a hyphenated his-hers name and I don't get why they do that. Are they trying to show us how in love they are? Plus they're both a couple of SJW caricatures.

Tell her you're keeping your name. She's welcome to take yours or keep her own. If she's throwing a tantrum over this you don't want her.

because she's a woman.

Agreed, the one couple I know is... I dunno. Don't hate them but they're so fucking arrogant.

I find this hilarious because my wife insisted on taking my name. She's a total sub though and loves being "owned" though. Guess I just lucked out. She even got a tattoo that is basically a stylized version of my initials so she could feel like she's been branded as mine.

How much does this means to you? How much it means to her?

If shes putting pressure just because she can, you are going to be cheated later just because she can...

womyn*

Nigger you need to man up and make decisions. Decide what you want in your life and go for it. Though, in my opinion, why the fuck would a wife not take her husbands name?
Shit's wack to me dawg.

>What do I do?
quit being an idiot. hyphenate or both keep your original names.

i recommend keeping your names unchanged. my ex-wife took my name. it's a hassle to get a name change. and, when you inevitably get divorced, it's a hassle to change a name back.

quality woman.

AS FOR YOU OP,

you have had enough answers. If you still continue to marry her with that hyphenated last names, you're going to make the biggest regret in your entire life. but you're a cuck anyway to even consider that possibility, so possibly you won't listen to us. Every sane male that you know will be secretly laughing at how much of a weak beta cuck you are.

Ask her what a hideous shitstorm she wants her grandkids etc to have if they keep adding more names on every time someone gets married, and who does she think she is, insisting that getting her name on theirs is more important than any others.

If she asks you the same, tell her it's because you da man.

Also, -1000pts for buying the cow when you can get the milk for free and other cliches, bc you should be smarter than to fight over this, bc this is only a minor sign of major things to come.

Whatever you say bud.

This
>thread

I wouldn't break up over the names, but if what you're saying is true and she actually is mentally ill, call that shit off asap.

You're a retarded nigger.

Retaining a last name for awhile or hyphenating after marriage is common among professionals who have licenses in various professions, like the medicine field etc.

Not that b would know anything about that tho.

switch up the roles even more, ask her for a diamond engagement ring. something manly of course you cuck bitch

if you take her last name, then you're no longer a man

Why not? Why does it matter? Aren't you being equally as selfish?

> "threw a tantrum and everything. She's mentally ill, I swear to god."

I wont tell you what to do, OP, but remember one thing, just because you've come this far with her, doesn't mean you have to throw your life away and sign half it away to a mentally retarded child. You can say no, you can stand up and say fuck you, im right, you're wrong.

Whilst it will be a hard thing to do, the feeling of liberation and freedom afterwards is delicious; I know, ive done it. I kicked a GF of 6 years that wanted to get married, she slowly ground me down, nagged her way into my life, my house, my fridge, my wallet. You'll lose friends when you split, but whoever you find next will bring new ones, better ones.

Take a step back and ask yourself what advice you'd give to a friend in the same situation.

For me it came down to one thought I had over and over again. I cared about her, but if I had a button I could press to make her vanish, gone, dissappeared, no repercussions and no accusations... would I press it? and the answer for me was yes every time. I'd press it and have her vanish in a puff of smoke.

So ask yourself, theres a button on your desk, you press it, shes gone, you have freedom to live as you want or pursue whoever you wish. Would you want to press it?

diamond cockring?

If you're getting ultimatums before you even "put a ring on it", get used to it. If she finds out this is how to 100% get her way, she'll use this over and over and over. 90% chance that'll kill your relationship and you'll divorce... which means she'll get your stuff (after her lawyer throws a tantrum).

Exactly.

Hyphenate now, your name first for you, her name first for her, because marriages are only temporary anyway and when they end you want to be able to easily drop the suffix back off and separate your finances and legal obligations easier than if you both share the same name.

It's actually a bigger benefit to you than it is to her.

not everyone is on that field and its not that common. People marry at a younger age before they become relevant in their profession.

>If you're getting ultimatums before you even "put a ring on it"
ultimatums are always a bad sign. people to issue them should be avoided.

OP:
Dump the bitch. you sound like a beta and if she knows she can walk over you now she will cheat or you will end up cucked.

dont do it op. dump her, learn to become an alfa and get a good girlfriend to marry

DO NOT MARRY then.. cleary her SJW mentality is not worth a shit. Fuck her sister or friend, and call it a day..

samefag

doesny matter.. fuck that shit user.. shes garbage.. i would rather live alone than have a SJW under my roof..

break the hell up. Your life with her will NEVER be joyous, youd just be making a huge mistake, imagine having kids with this bitch? their childhood would be SHIT! break up ASAP.

>people marry at a younger age

And yet most studies say people marry later than ever

>it's not that common

It doesn't matter. The fact is it's a bitch to deal with professional license name changes therefore many women who have a professional license (presuming they married after their career took off) retain their last name simply because it's easier or they hyphenate it so people still know it's them and they just got married. Kind of like how a celebrity would do it. It's name recognition really.

Maybe not common sure because American women are retarded and few attain a level above retail or bar hopping but it does happen for legitimate reasons.

well boo-fucking-hoo man up leave and fix your life if its really so shitty at this point that your marrying someone with down syndrome.

YouTube "why men shouldn't get married" and do your homework. If you do get married ( you are an idiot) but if you dont get a prenuptial agreement then you deserve what you get. Have a plan for divorce, alimony, child custody.

Tell her she can keep her last name if she wants. I knew a couple that did this. Had two kids; they flipped a coin over which kid got which last name.

>implying a prenup will save you if she pokes a hole in your condom

Either come up with a win-win situation you both can love/tolerate or leave her.

If she has a phd you have no choice, be once you're published you can't go changing your name and fucking around with a new identity. And if she is a published phd, she was prob too busy studying all those years when everyone else was partying and getting laid and dating, so she's prob in her late 20s.

Lesson learned from /b: Always date and marry dumb cunts, not intelligent responsible women. Recipe for sucess.

you could rephrase OP to

>"hey guys, give me reasons to ignore this massive red flag and ruin my life."

>"I have nothing going on. an unhappy marriage will fix it!"

shit you will earn her respect by dropping her. be 100% cold over it for max effect

you either set the rules for your life or enjoy being bullied & eventually abandoned :)

Call her on it. See how fast she backpedals. If she doesn't, drop the bitch. You are better than that, OP.

>If she has a phd
hell, if she's published anything, which happens more and more these days before someone finishes their degree.

you must be retarded if you want to marry that.

Actually user, most docorates and Mensa nerds are either not having children at all, or doing so in their 30s. On the contrary, the less educated, the lower the iq, the more aggressive, the greater the number of children. The stupid, violent, and animalistic are the ones breeding the future of humanity.

Only a well engineered virus can fix thus.

Sit her down and tell her very gently that you now identify as an oppressed female and her male attitude to controlling your relationship is seriously putting you in fear of your own well being.

Then fucking lamp her one in the face and yell self defense, rape and anything else that comes to mind.

100 percent truth.

Faggot

run you fucking idiot!

>If she has a phd you have no choice, be once you're published you can't go changing your name and fucking around with a new identity.

You clearly don't have a PHD, otherwise you would have better reading comprehension. she is in fact changing her name to be hyphenated. And how is that relevant to him being forced to change his?

>not intelligent responsible women.

I like how you made up a whole fuckin story in your imagination about her being a strong, independent doctor from like 1 sentence. A+

if you think shes mentally ill now, she will go completely batshit insane once married and thinks you cannot get rid of her anymore.

ditch her the second you see a chance for a new pussy.

I married a crazy woman because I didn't have much going for me at the time either. I'm now divorced, and have more going for me.
You decide how much you have going for you and how much you want to be worth. Don't settle for someone who makes you unhappy, because they're going to just keep doing that. And don't stick your dick in crazy.
Man the fuck up.

>thread
>thread
>thread

Pic related, it's you

I like how in your paranoid ragetard fashion you hauled out the reading comprehension accusation while ignoring the "if", I started out with, and immediately followed it by assuming the generalization made at the end was about her specifically.

Try again, and try not sucking so many dicks at once this time.

Let's see how this rolls:

>marry chick, get hyphenated names, so do your kids
Phelps-Clinton
>your kids, with hyphenated names, marry other dumb cunts kids with hyphenated names
Phelps-Clinton-Eastwood-Cobain
>it doubles every fucking generation
Phelps-Clinton-Eastwood-Cobain-Hetfield-Winfrey-Janeway-Baggins
>just no

Now neighbour, he may very well have tattooed his initials on his hand, you don't know

OP agree and make her sign a prenup. Otherwise tell her that is stupid as fuck due to

Hey! My nephew has Down's Syndrome and is adorable. Don't compare people with the Down's to this cunt!

You leave her, you stupid fag.

Why'd you even let it get this far with such a dumb cunt to begin with?

Get a prenup. Agree to not change either name. Divorce after a few years. Find a not crazy girl.

suggest that you both keep your last names because WHO GIVES A SHIT.

Then suck it up and deal with it, because shes obviously fucking crazy but you wont cut off the marriage, so you just have to deal faggot. Have fun being married to a nutbag.

>u ignored the ""if"" that preceded my statement that makes zero sense by what OP posted
>haha try again paranoid weiner sucker

(((you)))

I really like the prenup idea. Not that you should marry her, but you should totally throw a prenup back in her face. Tell her that the fact that she won't take your name makes you feel like she's not taking the marriage very seriously and you just think you should have some protection in case she leaves you.

You may want to have sun glasses on when you do this to protect your eyes when she goes fucking nova.

Put yourself in her shoes, would you be willing to give up your last name?

If not, why not just get married and keep the last names you have now? Neither of you are legally obligated to have a certain last name to justify your relationship.

If or when you have a child, you can just ask them what'd they like as their last name. Preferably though, I'd connect the name of my child to myself or my partner, for safety reasons. But that'd be a discussion for another time.

Personally I think you shouldn't give a shit. But I also don't think she should give a shit either. What the fuck does your last name matter? It has no intrinsic value, it's just a form of identification, and as long as whatever you guys agree on isn't too long or strange, it really doesn't matter.

Say yes but ask for a prine up see if she still wants to

Stuff a dick in it loser.

Marriage doesn't really mean anything now unless you're a christfag or something. It's used for legal issues and taxes. I understand her point, though a stupid one. The way she's unwilling to go through with the marriage of love because of a political issue. That's not someone you want to marry and she sounds like a femanazi. If you do, absolutely get a pre-nup. But what you should do is ditch the bitch.

Did I bother you for some reason? Haha nice

There is your red flag get the fuck out now

the fact that you dont have a lot going for you right now is all the more reason not to invite MORE trouble in your fucking life, god fucking damn

you think that just because you have a shitty life, marrying this screeching harpy will make things better? it'll make things even worse and youll fucking kill yourself

read some the book called 'the six pillars of self esteem' by nathaniel branden to fix yourself and take charge of your life

shitty relationship is much worse than being alone nigger.

If she doesn't want to give up her last name that's cool - but she shouldn't force you to hyphenate either.

Just keep your own names.

"She's mentally ill, I swear to god" - is probably a sign there are some deeper troubles in your relationship and you should seriously think twice before getting married.

this

OP needs to man the fuck up

Don't ever marry someone who already shows signs of being an lunatic. It'll just get worst...think about how it'll be when she has kids and gets fat.

get the fuck out nigger dont marry a fucking retard SJW

For now you'll be able to put up with her retardation but what in 15 years? What if you don't want to be with her anymore, are ya willing to lose half yer shit for no good reason?

>Just keep your own names
This is good advice. Hyphenated names are for people who can't make up their minds.