>fanbase is beta males

makes sense although bjork is actually cute

!!

does there need to be a new bjork

Frank Stallone!

>annoying voice
you could say that about bjork too
>fanbase is beta males
pffffffffffft. what her fanbase has to do with her music? would you feel better if they were alpha males, to beat you?

so, besides her voice you have nothing to say against her.

duh

her beats aren't good like this
youtube.com/watch?v=KDbPYoaAiyc

just stop.

Unironically. Maybe in spirit more than sound.

really? listen to/watch this youtube.com/watch?v=eTLTXDHrgtw

visually speaking, that bjork video looks childish compared to the awesome venus fly video.

björk 10/10, grimes 0.000/10

We'll find out someday I'm sure. It's probably still living under a bridge in scandinavia right now plotting...

Objectively

The new bjork is bjork

grimes 1000/10

[spoiler]Lorde.[/spoiler]

Lil yachty

kek

that beat isn't good compared 2 bjorks

ST. FUCKING VINCENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

isn't she the new david bowie?

thats not as 'good' a beat, like its just a bit too pop-y and not as unique as bjorks sound

probably twigs... she's as artistic and unique 100%

it's just you being a bjork fanboy. listen to this: youtube.com/watch?v=Fb_0LzBv894

bjork can't even compare.

that beat still isn't good

and unlike bjork, very boring. an empty shell, all style and no substance (aka good songs).

sounds like you're describing grimes tbqh

>hating yourself

(you)

grimes actually has tons of great songs.

not true btw

your mum

No, but shitposters like asking anyway because they know it triggers people with volatile temperaments.

remember that time when bjork is a huge whore?

FKA TWIGS!!!!!!

so, all the time?

songs i like*

style and no substance is just also wrong about both artists because neither is attempting to be sold as a brand

see

who is the new bjork?

arca

Anyone know the name of the artist that had a Vespertine inspired album by Bjork? She's Japanese.

Nobody can be bjork 2.0
Bjork was a patrician and cannot be topped not even Grimes (although she is pretty good I liked Visions the best)

i have no idea. all i know is that bjork was inspired by claire hamill for her album medulla.

Shiina Ringo?

Not really sure what you mean, but I can hear some Vespertine influences on Karuki Semen Kuri no Hana. Great album btw.

Grimes is not patrician too? Even more than Bjork (much lower sales and popularity + still quality music).

>patrician: a person of noble or high rank; aristocrat.
Well, her music is more noble than Bjork. Bjork's music has a wider appeal, so it's more pleb (=popular).

There's this album by a Japanese singer that was inspired by Vespertine, can't remember the name of the artist or album. I think it started with a K, Koiko or something.

Bjork had a few hits in the UK in the early 90s, but that's about it.

Her music is generally far weirder than Grimes'. Check out what people have to say about Lionsong (which is actually one of the poppiest songs on Vulnicura) on Youtube. People are freaked out by it. Meanwhile Grimes had to disable comments on a lot of her videos because people were calling her a sellout.

Bjork became famous for her quirky personality, but the general public isn't familiar with her music, with the exception of a couple of songs.

>Her music is generally far weirder than Grimes'.
Only her albums post Vespertine. Her older albums are even more accessible than Grimes' albums (the proof is the pudding: big sales and high chart positions).

Now if we consider only Grimes' first 2 albums, these are far weirder than anything by Bjork. The only difficult thing in Bjork's music is her voice, while Grimes has weird instrumentals too (e.g. Omega, Shadout Mapes, Eight, Scream, etc).

>Meanwhile Grimes had to disable comments on a lot of her videos because people were calling her a sellout.
That's bullshit and you know it. Read the pic related for the real reason.

>I don't want to hear any opinions that aren't my own
>the MRA Boogeyman
kek

that bjork video is from like 25 years ago, guarantee you will think the same about grimes in 20 years

Why do we have to argue this? Why can't we be friends and respect these great artists equally?

don't be so sure

>the proof is the pudding: big sales and high chart positions
That's no proof
I would argue that Nirvana's In Utero is less accessible than Post, for example, but it sold a lot more.

And I disagree. Grimes only employs slightly weird production techniques, but it's nothing too out there.
Bjork has actually weird compositions in very unusual time signatures which makes her work a lot more complex and inaccessible than Grimes'. Not to mention her vocal delivery, full of mannerisms, is hard to swallow.

I hate people who use the word mra

>Bjork has actually weird compositions in very unusual time signatures which makes her work a lot more complex and inaccessible than Grimes'. Not to mention her vocal delivery, full of mannerisms, is hard to swallow.
Tell that to her huge fanbase. Come on, Bjork ceased to be quirky ages ago, she's already part of the mainstream culture, mannerisms included.

On the other hand, Grimes is the weird newcomer with a weird back story (good enough to make a biopic) and weird, unusual music. Her music is pop only on the surface, in reality there's nothing like it. I challenge you to name similar artists to her.

>Not to mention her vocal delivery
And speaking of vocals, Grimes vocals are far weirder than Bjork. At least pre-Art Angels.

arca is weirder than grimes and is actually gay

Lol nice copypasta

>Why do we have to argue this?
Discussion boards lacking people having arguments aren't a thing.

Imo it depends. Sometimes it actually applies.

i would prefer if you not talk about Nirvana at all

We can discuss both artists without pitting them against each other

but he doesn't make better music. grimes mopes the floor with him at the songwriting department.

Of course. Unfortunately you and I are not the only ones posting here...

nope not true
youtube.com/watch?v=H5ab5Cje7i8
grimes couldn't make a song this heavy in her dreams

>implying heavy = better
Leaving aside that, SCREAM is much heavier than that bland tune - youtube.com/watch?v=Aqp3Ic8iwWE

There's not even one good hook on that Arca song. You were fooled by the the shiny production.