I think i might be slightly autistic

i think i might be slightly autistic

pretty smart imo, bad people skills, and now ive been getting retardedly pissed at people for inconveniencing me

Other urls found in this thread:

psychology-tools.com/autism-spectrum-quotient/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

cool.

If you wanna be better with people skills, take on the mindset of an anthropologist. Study their social interactions, learn the rules and find a way to be yourself within those rules. Worked for me in the past.

Nice feet

>sociopath detected

Not quite user. In order for someone to be a sociopath they would have to lack empathy. We do not know that so therefore unless he tells us outright, we have no proof.

PS: I study people like an anthropologist too. Makes life more interesting.

Nah, I was just left out of social interactions for most of my childhood through. I had to learn how people worked as a teen because I was tired of being left out. I had the chance to do this by going to another school and basically starting over. I got friends out of being honest about who I were and treating people like I would like to be treated.
In fact I might say I'm at the opposite of a sociopath, I feel so much that people find me weird if I don't rein it in a bit.

Through bullying.*

Did I kill thread with my input?

teach me more master

Didn't Mickey Rooney finally croak?

There isn't really much more to it. Be honest about who you are, try not to be too abrasive, study how other people interact and try to interact with them in the same manner. Try to go into every conversation with interest in what other people want to tell you.
If you're an active listener who isn't just sitting there waiting to speak, people will usually start asking you about your opinion on things. Basically show interest and learn the social rules.

what if im an engineer and ruin everything with science talk?

i correct everyone if they're wrong about something

Find friends who are into science stuff?
Find some social hobby where science is a factor, get all your science talk out with those guys. Talk about other stuff with non sciency people.

Also think about your delivery if you want to correct people in their science knowledge. You can illuminate people without being condescending to them.

Am probably autistic, was thought to be by a profession but never got a formal diagnosis. I feel a strong urge to correct people too and also worry about their feelings if I do. I can usually control it by assuming their knowledge is equally as correct as mine but have difficulty when I am stressed/tired/annoyed. It's something I am still struggling with, hope this helps.

Well you could go talk with a cognitive behavioral psychologist. They're really good at helping you sort out your behavior and emotions. That also helped me a lot.

also an engineer of the chemical variety. I hate talking about it because I typically get "oh wow that's awful/difficult/boring" with no follow up which I interpret to mean they're uninterested in something that is very personal to me. Or they assume I know everything there is to know about chemistry/math/physics which is completely false and then am put on the spot to parrot "cool science facts!". It's cool, but that's why I typically avoid science/math talk.

>what if im an engineer and ruin everything with science talk?
Stop talking about science. Most scientific/academic subjects are absolutely fascinating, but I know that most people don't give a shit.

>i correct everyone if they're wrong about something
Stop doing that.

You sound a lot like I sounded 5 or 6 years ago. I'm an electrical engineer, "everyone else is dumber than me lol im so smart", all that jazz. But I learned, the hard way, that you have to change for other people; they won't change to adapt to you. And like OP said, a lot of that was just observing other people, adapting/mimicking what socially successful people do (in your own way, not exact copying!), and practice.

Now I'm starting a business and launching a kickstarter campaign. I have a good number of people to interact with every day; suppliers, partners, and customers.

Social skills are just that: skills. It reminds me of dancing; it comes easily to some people, slowly and painfully to others, but everyone needs practice before they can go out and not make a fool of themselves. Just gotta practice.

Have done it. With multiple people to varying degrees of success. I stopped because I didn't like paying for it and that my parents were always involved. Since, I have found help through reading books. I try to read a wide variety of material (atypical autistic behavior I know) that I can use to talk about or to provide examples of conversation. For example, I am currently reading the Bible front to back. It's a highly referenced work that opens a lot of different interpretations so I figured, "why not?"

>pretty smart imo
If you were actually smart, it wouldn't be in your opinion, you'd have measurable proof. You probably just think you're smart relative to others because other people annoy you so you think they're dumb.

psychology-tools.com/autism-spectrum-quotient/

I agree with this